Middle name honoring grandpas

If my baby is a boy, I’d like to use a middle name that honors both my father and my father-in-law, but I can think of anything. My husband definitely doesn’t want to use 2 middle names. The two names I want to somehow honor are [name]Anthony[/name] and [name]Michael[/name]. I had thought about doing Michaelanthony, kind of like Michaelangelo, but I think it might be too long, especially since we have a long last name.

[name]Do[/name] you have any ideas?

Are you going to have more than one child? Because if you do, I think it would be more special to have each child have a middle name for a grandfather. [name]Even[/name] if you have girls, you could use [name]Antonia[/name] and [name]Michaela[/name]/[name]Michelle[/name].

We used a combination of our mothers’ names, [name]Janice[/name] and [name]Maureen[/name], for our daughter’s middle name, which is [name]Janeen[/name]. For our son, who is her twin, we didn’t want to use just one of our fathers’ names because then only one of our parents wouldn’t have been honored, so we used my husband’s name. I doubt we’ll have more children after this, and even if we do, if we use just one of our father’s names now there will still be a period of time that only one parent wasn’t honored and I don’t want that, so it really needs to honor both.

[name]How[/name] about [name]Micah[/name]? “Mic” for [name]Michael[/name], and “ah” are 2 letters that are in the name [name]Anthony[/name].

I really don’t like the look of Michaelanthony, looks like a big jumble to me. Why not just use two middle names? Or [name]Michael[/name]-[name]Anthony[/name]?

I like [name]Michael[/name]-[name]Anthony[/name]. It’s technically one name, but it’s not a jumble and I really like the two together.

[name]Micah[/name] is cute, thanks for the suggestion. I just worry that it looks more like a version of [name]Michael[/name] than [name]Anthony[/name], but I may not find anything else. It’s going on the list!

We’re definitely not doing two middle names, our other children only have one, plus we have a long last name so we don’t want to get too long with the first and middle names, which is why Michaelanthony probably won’t work.

[name]Even[/name] if we could find something that connects the meanings of the two names, that could work, but I’m not sure what that would be.

I understand your dilemna - for the most part I just decided to forgo honouring living relatives, because I so didn’t want to have to leave out one grandparent or aunt …

My suggestions might be a little out-there - I apologise!

[name]How[/name] about [name]Mark[/name]? [name]Mark[/name] reminds me of [name]Michael[/name], but was also the first name of [name]Mark[/name] [name]Anthony[/name] (as in lover of [name]Cleopatra[/name]).

This one is very vague, but you could use a saint’s name, for [name]Saint[/name] [name]Anthony[/name] and the archangel [name]Michael[/name] …

I’m sorry, I don’t think that I’ve been much help!

Good luck!

Would you consider using the middle names of the grandfathers?

[name]Just[/name] thought of one-- [name]How[/name] about [name]Milan[/name]?

you could hyphen his name so [name]Micheal[/name]-[name]Antony[/name]

That’s what I was just going to suggest. Maybe we can find a good mash of their middles names for you!

[name]Milan[/name] is a great suggestion, the first two letter of both of their names!

You could combine the two to be
Micanthony.
Might be a little uncommon, but not terrible.

That’s what I was just going to suggest. Maybe we can find a good mash of their middles names for you!

[name]Milan[/name] is a great suggestion, the first two letter of both of their names![/quote]

I do like [name]Milan[/name], that’s a good possibility. Their middle names are ([name]Michael[/name]) [name]Andrew[/name] and ([name]Anthony[/name]) [name]Patrick[/name]. Any ideas using a combo of those? Thanks, again, ladies, I appreciate all of the great suggestions!

[name]Andrew[/name] and [name]Anthony[/name] both start with An, so what about a name starting with An that isn’t tied directly to either of those (so it doesn’t honor one above the other). You can just search boys names starting with An, but here are some of my favorites.

[name]Angus[/name]
[name]Ansel[/name] - “with divine protection”, because his grandfathers will protect him.
[name]Anselm[/name]
[name]Antero[/name] - Looks like [name]Anthony[/name], but sounds a little like [name]Andrew[/name]
[name]Anwar[/name] - “brighter, clearer”
[name]Angel[/name]/[name]Angelo[/name]
[name]Anchor[/name] - His grandfathers are an anchor to his roots.

[name]Milan[/name] is a great suggestion, the first two letter of both of their names![/quote]

I do like [name]Milan[/name], that’s a good possibility. Their middle names are ([name]Michael[/name]) [name]Andrew[/name] and ([name]Anthony[/name]) [name]Patrick[/name]. Any ideas using a combo of those? Thanks, again, ladies, I appreciate all of the great suggestions![/quote]

Well in response to this question, how about Andrick/Andrik?

What about using your maiden name as your son’s mn. That would honor your father and using your husband’s last name of course honors his father. [name]Just[/name] an idea.

Running [name]Anthony[/name] and [name]Michael[/name] through a name scrambler. It uses only letters from one or both names to create a new name.
I got the following names.
[name]Alain[/name]
[name]Alan[/name]
[name]Alec[/name]
[name]Ali[/name]
[name]Alton[/name]
[name]Amit[/name]
[name]Antoine[/name]
[name]Anton[/name]
[name]Antony[/name]
[name]Cale[/name]
[name]Chet[/name]
[name]Clay[/name]
[name]Clayton[/name]
[name]Clint[/name]
[name]Clinton[/name]
[name]Cole[/name]
[name]Coleman[/name]
[name]Colin[/name]
[name]Colt[/name]
[name]Coty[/name]
[name]Coy[/name]
[name]Elam[/name]
[name]Eli[/name]
[name]Elton[/name]
[name]Emil[/name]
[name]Ethan[/name]
[name]Heath[/name]
[name]Ian[/name]
[name]Lamont[/name]
[name]Lance[/name]
[name]Lane[/name]
[name]Lanny[/name]
[name]Layne[/name]
[name]Leo[/name]
[name]Leon[/name]
[name]Liam[/name]
[name]Lonnie[/name]
[name]Lynn[/name]
[name]Malachi[/name]
[name]Micah[/name]
[name]Micheal[/name]
[name]Michel[/name]
[name]Milton[/name]
[name]Mitch[/name]
[name]Mitchel[/name]
[name]Monte[/name]
[name]Monty[/name]
[name]Nathan[/name]
[name]Nathanie[/name]
[name]Nathaniel[/name]
[name]Nathen[/name]
[name]Neal[/name]
[name]Neil[/name]
[name]Nicola[/name]
[name]Noah[/name]
[name]Noel[/name]
[name]Nolan[/name]
[name]Tai[/name]
[name]Talon[/name]
[name]Theo[/name]
[name]Tim[/name]
[name]Tom[/name]
[name]Tony[/name]
[name]Ty[/name]
[name]Tye[/name]

[name]Andrew[/name] and [name]Patrick[/name]

[name]Adrian[/name]
[name]Adrien[/name]
[name]Aidan[/name]
[name]Andre[/name]
[name]Andrea[/name]
[name]Ari[/name]
[name]Aric[/name]
[name]Cade[/name]
[name]Carter[/name]
[name]Dan[/name]
[name]Dana[/name]
[name]Dane[/name]
[name]Dante[/name]
[name]Daren[/name]
[name]Darin[/name]
[name]Darren[/name]
[name]Darrick[/name]
[name]Darrin[/name]
[name]Darwin[/name]
[name]Dean[/name]
[name]Deric[/name]
[name]Derick[/name]
[name]Derik[/name]
[name]Derrick[/name]
[name]Dirk[/name]
[name]Drake[/name]
[name]Drew[/name]
[name]Edwin[/name]
[name]Eric[/name]
[name]Erick[/name]
[name]Erik[/name]
[name]Erin[/name]
[name]Ian[/name]
[name]Ira[/name]
[name]Kade[/name]
[name]Kai[/name]
[name]Kane[/name]
[name]Ken[/name]
[name]Kent[/name]
[name]Kieran[/name]
[name]Nick[/name]
[name]Parker[/name]
[name]Prince[/name]
[name]Reid[/name]
[name]Rian[/name]
[name]Rick[/name]
[name]Tad[/name]
[name]Tai[/name]
[name]Ted[/name]
[name]Trace[/name]
[name]Wade[/name]
[name]Warren[/name]

Not sure if any of the above is what your looking for but I like the idea of using letters from each name to create a new one.
http://www.babynamescramble.com/names/babynames.cgi