Middle name question

So for my first baby boy I used the mn [name]Ray[/name]. It has special meaning as [name]Ray[/name] was my grandfathers mn and [name]Rae[/name] is my mn as well as my favorite aunts. If i have a baby girl next, is it still ok to use [name]Rae[/name], or do you think it’s out?

Thanks!

[name]Hi[/name] there!

Personally I wouldn’t repeat a middle name, especially if you are planning on having more children.
Then again, a friend of mine and her sisters all share a middle name and I think she likes it. It’s a foreign concept to me, though!

Have you thought about using a related name?
Going off of [name]Ray[/name] (as in ray of sunshine): [name]Sky[/name], [name]Soleil[/name], [name]Rain[/name], etc.

Or you could use a name with [name]Ray[/name] in it-- like [name]Rachel[/name], [name]Raina[/name], [name]Raven[/name] or [name]Grace[/name] (g*[name]RAY[/name]*ce).

Or a name with the same/similar meaning ([name]Ray[/name] is derived from [name]Raymond[/name], “wise protection”): [name]Sage[/name], [name]Shannon[/name], [name]Liv[/name], [name]Rosamund[/name].

Or another name that starts with R? Ryah is particularly pretty.

Good luck!

I don’t really see any particular reason not to use it. Middle names are rarely used and are more symbolic. Someday, too, your children will grow up and no longer be a sibling pair in the same way they are when they are young. Each of them will get to take with them a middle name that connects them to their family of origin, and in this case, even to each other, so I think it’s actually quite nice. I do agree that it might be a little awkward to have a third child that did not have this connection, but I think that’s a bridge to cross when you get there. If/when you have another child, you can decide then how best to name him or her - you may find another equally special way of connecting their name to damily and/or siblings; you may even decide to reuse [name]Ray[/name] or [name]Rae[/name], or you may not . . .