Middle name question

One of our front runners for a first name for baby #4 is [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m]. All my kids have honor names in the middle name spot and for this one I would like to use [name_u]James[/name_u], which is DH’s mm. For whatever reason, he’s not really into the idea of using his first or middle name. He has always wanted to use the name [name_m]Vaughn[/name_m] for a boy so we are considering using this in the mn spot instead. My questions are… will it hold up as an honor name when the rest of my kids have mns of close family and his was one daddy liked? Also, which do you prefer, [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] or [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] [name_m]Vaughn[/name_m]?

I love both! [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] [name_m]Vaughn[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] works really well if you’re open to 2 names also. Or you could make [name_m]Vaughn[/name_m] 2 syllables for a slighter better flow if you think it sounds better, by changing it to [name_m]Vaughan[/name_m].

I love [name_u]James[/name_u], but I think [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] [name_m]Vaughn[/name_m] sounds amazing! I don’t think you need to force the family name if it’s not one that’s super important to either of you.

I love [name_m]Vaughn[/name_m]!
I would use both: [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] [name_m]Vaughn[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]. Looks awesome!

Much, much prefer [name_u]James[/name_u]! And I do think it would be nice to continue the family tradition of using honour names. But you do both have to be on board, and I guess your husband has the right to not want his own names used. Such a shame though, [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] is so handsome!

Lots of love for [name_m]Vaughn[/name_m]! That’s good to see. I am leaning that way since DH loves it so much; I suppose it’s an honor name in its own right. Of course [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] isn’t set in stone so this could all change!

I really like [name_m]Vaughn[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u].But this may not help you. Jamous, [name_u]Jameson[/name_u], Jamesson, [name_m]Jame[/name_m](just pronounce like fame not jamie),[name_m]Shaughn[/name_m], Shaughnessy,

I love family connections, BUT, it’s his name and he doesn’t want to use it. [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] [name_m]Vaughn[/name_m] sounds fantastic!

Since his father feels so strongly about using [name_m]Vaughn[/name_m] instead of [name_u]James[/name_u], there is something very special about that. In this case, I say that [name_m]Vaughn[/name_m] is the higher-ranking honor name. I love [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u], but [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] [name_m]Vaughn[/name_m] flows well and is a perfectly fine name too.

We would have used [name_m]Vaughn[/name_m] as a first name for our first child if she had been a boy. However, her name begins with a V and I don’t want to repeat a first initial.
Thanks for the input

While I prefer [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u], [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] [name_m]Vaughn[/name_m] is very nice. I would feel great about both.