Middle name Shelby, need a first.

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] all! :smiley:

We are having our 4th child and we came up with a cute name, [name_m]Dax[/name_m] [name_u]Shelby[/name_u]. It goes well together, but the problem is that I have a [name_m]Jack[/name_m]. I donā€™t know if that should bother me or not. I feel like I will mix them up too much or they will think I am calling each other, lol! So we need a new first name for this little one.

I already have a [name_u]James[/name_u], [name_m]Jack[/name_m] and [name_f]Zoe[/name_f]. We do not want to stay with the J theme and didnā€™t even try to do it when my 2nd boy was born, it just happened.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Iā€™m open to all!

I think you definetly need shorter names to match the sibset, which is why all my suggestions are borderline nicknamey. [name_u]James[/name_u], [name_m]Jack[/name_m] & [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] are all very classic and familiarā€¦my suggestions arenā€™t so, but [name_m]Tav[/name_m], [name_m]Leo[/name_m], etc. have a naturey theme similar to [name_u]Orion[/name_u] and Phoneix from your signature.

[name_u]Dexter[/name_u] [name_u]Shelby[/name_u] nn [name_m]Dex[/name_m]

Orā€¦
[name_m]Tav[/name_m]
[name_m]Leo[/name_m]
[name_m]Adam[/name_m]
[name_u]Desi[/name_u] - runs a bit funny with [name_u]Shelby[/name_u], but I just love this name.
[name_m]Levi[/name_m]

If not [name_m]Dax[/name_m], how about [name_m]Fox[/name_m] or [name_u]Rex[/name_u]?
[name_f]Do[/name_f] you want to keep it one syllable like the other boys?
[name_m]Ike[/name_m]
[name_u]Finn[/name_u]
[name_u]Blake[/name_u]
[name_u]Tate[/name_u]

You need another Z! [name_m]Zeke[/name_m] [name_u]Shelby[/name_u].

Ooh, [name_u]Rex[/name_u] was an awesome suggestion. This name has been growing on me lately!

I agree with boyandgirl, you need another Z name! [name_m]Zach[/name_m]/[name_m]Zachariah[/name_m] [name_u]Shelby[/name_u] is cute. :slight_smile:

Wow! Thanks for all the suggestions!! One syllable doesnā€™t matter. I just needed some suggestions that flow well with [name_u]Shelby[/name_u] and I couldnā€™t find any!! You have all come up with great names.

[name_u]Dexter[/name_u] - I like it! I donā€™t think DH will though.
[name_m]Tav[/name_m] - nms
[name_m]Leo[/name_m] - nms
[name_m]Adam[/name_m] - itā€™s ok.
[name_u]Desi[/name_u] - runs a bit funny with [name_u]Shelby[/name_u], but I just love this name. - I agree it doesnā€™t flow very well with [name_u]Shelby[/name_u].
[name_m]Levi[/name_m] - nms
[name_m]Fox[/name_m] - It could grow on me
[name_u]Rex[/name_u] - Itā€™s cute! Iā€™ll bring this one up.
[name_m]Ike[/name_m] - nms
[name_u]Finn[/name_u] - Iā€™ve been trying to get him to say yes to [name_u]Finn[/name_u] but he keeps shooting it down!!
[name_u]Blake[/name_u] - flows well, will put it on the list.
[name_u]Tate[/name_u] - Itā€™s ok.
[name_m]Zeke[/name_m] - I really like [name_m]Zeke[/name_m]!!
[name_m]Zach[/name_m]/[name_m]Zachariah[/name_m] - I like this too.

I was also thinking [name_u]Lane[/name_u]? [name_u]Lane[/name_u] [name_u]Shelby[/name_u] goes well together, I think?

Too [name_m]Dax[/name_m] and [name_m]Jack[/name_m] sound alike. [name_m]Dax[/name_m] [name_u]Shelby[/name_u] is handsome. I like the suggestions of [name_u]Dexter[/name_u], [name_u]Rex[/name_u], [name_m]Zeke[/name_m], and [name_m]Zachariah[/name_m]!

I like the thought of another Z name. I just typed whatever came to mind, Iā€™m not sure if all are your style or not.

[name_m]Xander[/name_m]/[name_m]Zander[/name_m]
[name_m]Zeb[/name_m]/[name_m]Zebediah[/name_m]/Zeben
[name_m]Zane[/name_m]
[name_m]Abel[/name_m]
[name_m]Axel[/name_m]
[name_m]Ace[/name_m]
[name_u]Owen[/name_u]
[name_u]Theo[/name_u]
[name_m]Walsh[/name_m]
[name_m]Victor[/name_m]
[name_u]Flynn[/name_u]
[name_u]Evan[/name_u]
[name_u]Quinn[/name_u]
[name_m]Lance[/name_m]

Not a big fan of [name_u]Lane[/name_u] [name_u]Shelby[/name_u]. If I heard that name, my first inclination would be that it is a girl. Not that being a girl is a bad thing, but it could be annoying to deal with the confusion. I also think it lacks some of the ā€œclassicnessā€ of your other sonsā€™ names. I would suggest:

[name_u]Evan[/name_u]
[name_u]Theo[/name_u]
[name_m]Connor[/name_m]
[name_u]Dean[/name_u]
[name_u]Elias[/name_u]
[name_u]Reid[/name_u]
[name_m]Forrest[/name_m]
[name_u]Parker[/name_u]
[name_u]Dane[/name_u]
[name_u]Grey[/name_u]

I love [name_u]Lane[/name_u] [name_u]Shelby[/name_u] but it does sound gender ambiguous.

My first thought was [name_m]Zane[/name_m] [name_u]Shelby[/name_u]-- [name_u]James[/name_u], [name_m]Jack[/name_m], [name_f]Zoe[/name_f], and [name_m]Zane[/name_m]. Other possibilities: [name_m]Zander[/name_m], [name_m]Ian[/name_m], [name_m]Ivo[/name_m], [name_m]Trent[/name_m], [name_m]Cole[/name_m], [name_m]Kent[/name_m], [name_u]Blaine[/name_u], [name_m]Graeme[/name_m], [name_m]Frank[/name_m], [name_m]Milo[/name_m], [name_u]Owen[/name_u], [name_m]Luke[/name_m], [name_m]Mark[/name_m], [name_m]Eli[/name_m], [name_m]Bram[/name_m], and [name_u]Bryce[/name_u].

[name_u]Flynn[/name_u] [name_u]Shelby[/name_u]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] ([name_m]Art[/name_m]) [name_u]Shelby[/name_u]
[name_u]Blake[/name_u] [name_u]Shelby[/name_u]
[name_u]Dale[/name_u] [name_u]Shelby[/name_u]
[name_m]Grant[/name_m] [name_u]Shelby[/name_u]
[name_m]Graham[/name_m] [name_u]Shelby[/name_u]
[name_m]Ian[/name_m] [name_u]Shelby[/name_u]
[name_m]Keir[/name_m] [name_u]Shelby[/name_u]
[name_m]Luke[/name_m] [name_u]Shelby[/name_u]
[name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_u]Shelby[/name_u]
[name_u]Theo[/name_u] [name_u]Shelby[/name_u]
[name_u]Reid[/name_u] [name_u]Shelby[/name_u]

I think we are going to go with [name_m]Graeme[/name_m] [name_u]Shelby[/name_u]. I love this spelling of [name_m]Graeme[/name_m]!!! It was a name on my list, but DH shot it down awhile ago. Iā€™ve talked him into it! lol. Thank you all for your suggestions and helping me! :grin:

Congrats! [name_m]Graeme[/name_m] is very handsome.