Middle Name Spelling Help Needed!

I am due with our second daughter in just a few weeks and we finally have selected her name- [name]Charlotte[/name]! Our first daughter, [name]Harper[/name] [name]Rose[/name], was given a family name for her middle name and we have had a very hard time selecting a middle name for [name]Charlotte[/name] that has some special meaning for us. We have come up with playing off of my husband’s middle name, [name]Everett[/name], and selecting [name]Evie[/name]. Only problem, I want it to be pronounced like [name]Evelyn[/name] not like [name]Eve[/name] and I’m afraid the way I’m spelling it will cause it to be mispronounced. Any suggestions on how to spell it so we get the desired pronunciation? Also appreciate feedback on the name in general!

Thanks!!

[name]Evvy[/name] or [name]Evvie[/name] would probably work, but they look really nicknamey to me.

Agreed with pp. Have you considered [name]Ever[/name] or [name]Everly[/name]? [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Everly[/name] sounds nice.

A girl I knew growing up was [name]Evie[/name] pronounced ev-ee, so I think it can be pronounced either way. People don’t say middle names that often anyways, so to me, it doesn’t really matter. I like PP’s suggestions of [name]Ever[/name] or [name]Everly[/name], those would be pretty! I even like [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Evelyn[/name] :slight_smile:

The only person I have ever know named [name]Evelyn[/name] went by [name]Evie[/name] and was pronounced Ehv-ee, not ee-vee. As a middle, I don’t think it really matters so much. I wouldn’t screw with the spelling. [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Evie[/name] is nice, don’t over complicate things.

I’d go with [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Everly[/name] or [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Evelyn[/name].

I agree with other posters. I’ve heard [name]Evie[/name] pronounced as both eve-ee and ehv-ee, so I think you’ll be fine with the [name]Evie[/name] spelling.

[name]LOVE[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Everly[/name].

I agree with pp that middle names are rarely pronounced cold anyway. Usually it’s a question, “What’s your middle name?” or it’s not mentioned at all.

So unless you’re expecting to use it as her primary name I don’t think it will be a problem.

I agree with pp that you can spell it [name]Evie[/name], pronounce it Ev-vee, and be fine. However, I also [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Everly[/name].

Agree wholeheartedly. I also like [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Evelyn[/name] if you’re interested in going that direction. They’re both lovely and classic.

I love [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Evelyn[/name]! I would suggest you spell it [name]Evvie[/name]/[name]Evvy[/name] just so that it isn’t more complicated. I would say [name]Evie[/name] as EE-vee automatically, so (for me) [name]Evvie[/name] more naturally gets the EHV-vee pronunciation. That said, I would reiterate that I adore [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Evelyn[/name]! ([name]Everly[/name] is also good because it includes more of [name]Everett[/name], but I love [name]Evelyn[/name] so much!)