Middle name to honor my mother - Janet

We’ve decided on a first name of [name_f]Vera[/name_f] to honor my [name_f]MIL[/name_f], Veerle. We love [name_f]Vera[/name_f] - we think it’s sweet, simple and sophisticated. I love that I don’t know anyone named [name_f]Vera[/name_f] but it’s not too out there.

For a middle name we want to honor my mother, her name is [name_f]Janet[/name_f] [name_u]Jean[/name_u]. We’ve considered several variations: ([name_f]Jane[/name_f] isn’t an option).

[name_u]Jean[/name_u]
[name_f]Jeanette[/name_f]
[name_f]Janelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Janette[/name_f]

Which do you like best? Can you think of any other options?

My suggestion would be [name_u]January[/name_u], if you are open to something a little more modern. I think [name_f]Vera[/name_f] [name_u]January[/name_u] is very sweet!
I like [name_f]Vera[/name_f] [name_u]Jean[/name_u] or [name_f]Vera[/name_f] [name_f]Janelle[/name_f] the best from your list.

[name_f]Vera[/name_f] [name_f]Jeanette[/name_f] is lovely. Congratulations!

[name_f]Jeanne[/name_f] is the [name_m]French[/name_m] fem. form, and it goes well w/many names (hyphenated). [name_f]Jeanne[/name_f]-[name_f]Marie[/name_f], [name_f]Jeanne[/name_f]-[name_f]Louise[/name_f], [name_f]Jeanne[/name_f]-[name_f]Nicole[/name_f], [name_f]Jeanne[/name_f]-[name_f]Sabine[/name_f].

I like [name_f]Vera[/name_f] [name_f]Janelle[/name_f]. [name_f]Janine[/name_f]/[name_f]Jeanine[/name_f] or [name_f]Janae[/name_f] could also be options.

I was going to suggest [name_u]January[/name_u] as well! I think [name_f]Vera[/name_f] [name_u]January[/name_u] is gorgeous! If you’re open to a double middle something like [name_f]Vera[/name_f] [name_f]Jessamine[/name_f] [name_f]Annette[/name_f] might work? A J name + [name_f]Annette[/name_f] would be a clear way to honor a [name_f]Janet[/name_f].

To be quite frank with you, none of the names you listed are names that I like.

I would suggest:
[name_f]Gianna[/name_f]
[name_f]Giovanna[/name_f]
[name_f]Jeanne[/name_f]
[name_f]Joanna[/name_f]
[name_f]Joanne[/name_f]
[name_f]Johanna[/name_f]
[name_f]Johanne[/name_f]
Siobhán

All of these (except for [name_f]Jeanne[/name_f], I suppose) are stretches, I know, but since both [name_u]Jean[/name_u] and [name_f]Janet[/name_f] are variations of [name_f]Jane[/name_f] (to the best of my knowledge), I thought that other variations of [name_f]Jane[/name_f] could be quite fitting. I think [name_f]Vera[/name_f] [name_f]Joanna[/name_f] sounds lovely, not to mention [name_f]Vera[/name_f] Siobhán.

I really like the retro feel of [name_f]Janet[/name_f], so why not just go with [name_f]Janet[/name_f]? [name_f]Vera[/name_f] [name_f]Janet[/name_f] sounds nice and it would be honoring your mother. Or, [name_f]Vera[/name_f] [name_f]Janet[/name_f] [name_u]Jean[/name_u]. From your list, I like [name_f]Vera[/name_f] [name_f]Jeanette[/name_f] best.

[name_f]Vera[/name_f] [name_u]January[/name_u] is lovely, but I don’t see how [name_u]January[/name_u] would be honoring [name_f]Janet[/name_f] [name_u]Jean[/name_u].

When I read your title, I automatically thought [name_f]Janette[/name_f] or [name_f]Jeanette[/name_f]. I also think [name_f]Vera[/name_f] [name_f]Janet[/name_f] sounds good!

I like [name_f]Vera[/name_f] [name_f]Janet[/name_f], but I think [name_f]Vera[/name_f] [name_u]Jean[/name_u] is best. It’s a lovely name. I’m also not a fan of changing spellings too much, so I’m a little biased in that direction.