Middle names for Beatrice?

Our baby is due this week, and our top name for a little girl is [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] (nickname [name_f]Bea[/name_f]).

Some of our ideas for middle names include: [name_f]Annalie[/name_f], [name_f]Grace[/name_f], [name_f]Josephine[/name_f], [name_m]George[/name_m], [name_u]Grey[/name_u], [name_m]Osborn[/name_m] and Savage (all honoring family). She’ll be a [name_u]December[/name_u] baby so festive/wintery name ideas might also be nice.

Help? Thoughts?

Whats your last name?

I love [name_u]Grey[/name_u] though, maybe think of making it a little more feminine and have greyson.
Maybe [name_f]Jillian[/name_f].
or [name_f]Joanna[/name_f], it’s similar to [name_f]Josephine[/name_f].
I don’t like the masculine middle name though with the feminine first. [name_f]Georgina[/name_f] would work, but it sounds very old ladyish same goes for [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f]. [name_m]Favorite[/name_m] out of the ones you gave is [name_f]Annalie[/name_f], least favorite is Savage ( a savage is a beast, i’d feel terrible for your child if she had that name). Best I think is [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] [name_m]Greyson[/name_m] because it’s feminine yet modern with a hint of elegance

I love the name [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]! Congrats!

I’m not huge on the whole boy-name as a middle name, but like the idea of honoring a family member! I especially don’t like savage, sorry! Also for me, [name_f]Grace[/name_f] doesn’t work due to the repetition of the ‘ce’ sound at the end of each name. [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] [name_u]Grey[/name_u] is quite sweet, however!

I love:
[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] [name_f]Posy[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] [name_f]Ivy[/name_f]

Have you thought about having two middlenames, with the family name as the second? [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] ___ [name_m]Osborn[/name_m], for example, may sound better than just [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] [name_m]Osborn[/name_m].

Good luck, I’m sure whatever you choose will be just lovely! :slight_smile:

I wouldn’t use:
Savage - slurs together with [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] unless you put another name in the middle
[name_f]Grace[/name_f] - similar endings sound hissy
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f] - flows kind of awkwardly

Of your options, I like [name_u]Grey[/name_u] best. Like pps, I’m not into the boys’-name-as-a-middle thing, but [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] [name_m]George[/name_m] does flow well. Have you thought about [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] [name_f]Georgia[/name_f]? That would be my favorite if it were an option.

Thanks so much for your responses! This is very helpful. I agree with the advice to avoid the hissy “ce” sound in the middle name. (That’s partly why we like [name_f]Annalie[/name_f] better than [name_f]Annalise[/name_f] in this case.) I’m still not entirely sure what we will pick, but this gives us some good direction! Thanks again.