Middle names for Dotty and Maggie *Decision reached*

Our list seems to be getting longer! These are the names which DH and I are currently considering :

[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Kizzy[/name] [name]Alouette[/name]
[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Juniper[/name] [name]Tara[/name]
[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Juniper[/name] [name]Gypsy[/name]
[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Juniper[/name] [name]Ginger[/name]
[name]Marigold[/name] [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Marigold[/name] [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Saffron[/name]

And I have been trawling through Persian names ([name]Cyrus[/name], one of [name]Raffy[/name]'s middles, is Persian). We like :
[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Juniper[/name] [name]Suri[/name]
[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Juniper[/name] [name]Laleh[/name] (‘tulip’)
[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Juniper[/name] Minu (‘heaven, paradise’)
[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Juniper[/name] Nousha (‘sweet, pleasant’)
[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Pomona[/name] [name]Pari[/name] (‘fairy’)
[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Pomona[/name] Parvin (‘the Pleiades’ - as I am an astrology nut, this is a brilliant connection for me!)
[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Juniper[/name] Ziba (‘beautiful’).

Comments, opinions and suggestions are all welcome!

Twinkle,

My favorites are [name]Marigold[/name] [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] and [name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Juniper[/name] [name]Gypsy[/name] - they are equally elegant and feminine, playful and whimsical…

My second choice would be [name]Marigold[/name] [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Saffron[/name] and [name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Juniper[/name] [name]Suri[/name], though I much prefer my earlier choice.

I don’t care for the repetitive sounds of [name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Pomona[/name] ANYTHING and [name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Juniper[/name] [name]Ginger[/name], personally.

Take care! Good luck!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Kizzy[/name] [name]Alouette[/name] - so cute
[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Juniper[/name] [name]Tara[/name] - pretty
[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Juniper[/name] [name]Gypsy[/name] - I love all three names so much! I think this is my fave of the [name]Dorothy[/name] combos.
[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Juniper[/name] [name]Ginger[/name] - love the [name]Gypsy[/name] version even more
[name]Marigold[/name] [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] - just love it!
[name]Marigold[/name] [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Saffron[/name] - I love the [name]Charlotte[/name] one more.

And I have been trawling through Persian names ([name]Cyrus[/name], one of [name]Raffy[/name]'s middles, is Persian). We like :
[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Juniper[/name] [name]Suri[/name] - pretty
[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Juniper[/name] [name]Laleh[/name] (‘tulip’) - love it
[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Juniper[/name] Minu (‘heaven, paradise’) - soft
[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Juniper[/name] Nousha (‘sweet, pleasant’) - for some reason, the name Nousha makes me hungry. Sounds kind of like nourish. Nousha is pretty!
[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Pomona[/name] [name]Pari[/name] (‘fairy’) - I love this, but then two of her initials would be P.P.
[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Pomona[/name] Parvin (‘the Pleiades’ - as I am an astrology nut, this is a brilliant connection for me!) - More P.P.
[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Juniper[/name] Ziba (‘beautiful’). - very lovely!

I love [name]Pari[/name] if you don’t mind the P.P. initials. [name]Laleh[/name] and Ziba are really pretty, too!

[name]Esther[/name] is a pretty Persian name. It is so retro, too!

[name]Hi[/name] Everyone! After weeks of lurking like the lurking-est lurker that ever lurked, I am finally making myself known to the nameberry community, you are all such phenomenal name-ers. All of the names you are considering are so enthralling I felt I had to comment

I realize this wasn’t one of your combinations, but I adore the sound of [name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Juniper[/name] [name]Alouette[/name] and from what I have read it seems to go splendidly with your other darlings’ darling names. I also like [name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Kizzy[/name] [name]Alouette[/name]!

And for [name]Marigold[/name], [name]Marigold[/name] [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] is beyond charming.

My vote would go to [name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Juniper[/name] G__ if the options weren’t [name]Ginger[/name] (which is just not my taste) or [name]Gypsy[/name].

[name]Gypsy[/name], to me, is not something I would want to name my child for fear of others taking offense. I’m not saying it would definitely happen, but I wouldn’t want to take the chance, especially when there are so many other gorgeous (beyond gorgeous!) names on your list.

Finally, not to complicate things further, but some other Persian/Farsi names that may interest you are [name]Yasamin[/name]/[name]Yasmin[/name] (the farsi translation of [name]Jasmine[/name] - HEY! [name]Juniper[/name] [name]Jasmine[/name] perhaps?) and [name]Persis[/name]

Sorry for the long reply!

TWINKLE!

You know I love [name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Juniper[/name] [name]Gypsy[/name], but, I’m sensing that not everyone will. So, I am trying to come up with a fantastic alternative for you. Here’s my latest thought…

[name]Marigold[/name] [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] is super - I literally wouldn’t change a thing! It is classy and sophisticated, yet whimsical and fun. Please use it! I was wondering how else I could creatively tie in [name]Raffy[/name]'s name for Miss [name]Dotty[/name], since my attempt at the “wanderer” meaning might not be quite right - although I adore it!

We all know that [name]Peregrine[/name] is a falcon, but did you know that the [name]Barbary[/name] [name]Falcon[/name] is similar to the [name]Peregrine[/name]? I bet you didn’t! Anyway, Nameberry actually lists [name]Barbary[/name] as a feminine name, and I think - or hope, rather - it could be what you were looking for!

If you want to tie [name]Dotty[/name]'s name into [name]Maggie[/name]'s with a floral theme, these options could be good:

[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Barbary[/name] [name]Brier[/name]
[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Barbary[/name] [name]Bluebell[/name]
[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Barbary[/name] [name]Blossom[/name]

You know how I love that repeated letter. Here are some more suggestions:

[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Barbary[/name] [name]Baker[/name] - Sounds distinguished, involves food…
[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Barbary[/name] [name]Bridget[/name] - Cute, simple and sweet…
[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Barbary[/name] [name]Bristol[/name] - Cool, modern sound…
[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Barbary[/name] [name]Bronte[/name] - [name]Charlotte[/name]? [name]Bronte[/name]? Awesome!

So, my favorites are [name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Barbary[/name] [name]Blossom[/name] and [name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Barbary[/name] [name]Bronte[/name] - especially [name]Bronte[/name] (it’s Greek!), but if you hate this idea, I won’t be offended in the slightest. I feel like I already put myself out there enough with the [name]Gypsy[/name] suggestion - which, thankfully, you adored - so I’m fearless now!

Anyways, ponder it and get back to me. Good luck!

[name]EDIT[/name]: If that isn’t doing it for you, I’ve compiled some bird names for you - [name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Juniper[/name] Osprey (another bird of prey), [name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Juniper[/name] [name]Rhea[/name] (looks like an ostrich), [name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Juniper[/name] Kiwi (cute, plus it is food), [name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Juniper[/name] Ibis…

[name]EDIT[/name] #2: To satisfy you with the astrological and natural components, and me with the matching sounds and overall cuteness, I suggest to you [name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Gemini[/name] [name]Jonquil[/name]…

P.S. Twinkle, I just wanted to say that it is people like you who keep me coming back to Nameberry. It is people like you who take risks with names in a tasteful, elegant, sentimental way, reminding me just what it means to “name” a child. It is people like you who push my naming boundaries, encouraging me to explore this vast world of names. And, it is people like you who allow me to be creative and helpful in a way that I sincerely enjoy. So, thank you, from the bottom of my heart!

Bzzzybee, I am so glad that I prompted you to start posting! [name]Welcome[/name] to the Nameberry community- your unsight is very much appreciated :slight_smile:

[name]Lemon[/name], thank you so, so much for your kind words and your compliments - you have no idea how happy they made me! And I hope you will believe me when I say that it is people like YOU who keep me coming back to Nameberry, both to give and receive advice - you are so thoughtful and sensitive in all of your anwers, truly taking into account our wishes and really going out of your way to suggest beautiful names which fit our requirements perfectly; thank you so much! You are such a great help, and so informative :slight_smile:

We are going to ponder over all of the new suggestions (DH loves [name]Barbary[/name]!) and I shall update you all soon!

Thank you, everyone :slight_smile:

I’m coming to this thread a bit late. My favourite combos from your original list are:

[name]Marigold[/name] [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]- just lovely, although I am v biased!!
and
[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Juniper[/name] [name]Cecily[/name]
but obviously you can’t use [name]Cecily[/name] twice!
Looking further down the thread, I really like [name]Lemon[/name]'s suggestion of [name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Barbary[/name] _.
[name]Barbary[/name] seems to me to be a perfect combination of bitter and sweet. It has a lovely old fashioned, whimsical feel, which appeals to me! For me it fits and sounds so much nicer than some of the other ideas, some of which sound a tiny bit ‘twee’ or just too much of a good thing.
It’s lovely that you are putting so much thought into the names of your twins and that they all have special significance for you! :slight_smile:

I haven’t been around for a little while so I was happy to have a glance in here and see even more names had been added to the mix.

[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Juniper[/name] [name]Gypsy[/name]
[name]Marigold[/name] [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Saffron[/name]
I love both of these. I like the idea of them both having two middle names that sart with the same sound as well (especially sice these two options have the same sounds but all use different letters)
[name]Cecily[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] is lovely too. I like [name]Juniper[/name] [name]Cecily[/name] too but not as much as I did.

[name]Barbary[/name] is an interesting name. It’s sort of like [name]Barbara[/name] so it does sound like a name but it makes me think of a few things. The [name]Barbary[/name] coast first of all and then there are a few barbary species - [name]Lion[/name], [name]Dove[/name], Sheep, Ape.

[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Juniper[/name] [name]Tara[/name] - although it is a nod to your Irish heritage, I don’t care for [name]Tara[/name] very much.
[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Juniper[/name] [name]Gypsy[/name] - I like the idea of this one but fear that you may not want to actually use this name - although you have good connotations of what a [name]Gypsy[/name] is, others may not
[name]Marigold[/name] [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] - still love!
[name]Marigold[/name] [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Saffron[/name] - ooh, I really like [name]Saffron[/name]. I think [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] is good too but I really do like [name]Saffron[/name]. I like how the C and S names start with a similar sound but different letter. You could so the same with [name]Juniper[/name] G___ but I don’t like the [name]Gypsy[/name] or [name]Ginger[/name].
[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Juniper[/name] Minu (‘heaven, paradise’) - my favorite combo of the Persian options you listed

I like lemon’s ideas with Barbery and think it would be cute (too cutesy?) if both girls had middles of the same letter - [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] and [name]Barbary[/name] [name]Blossom[/name] perhaps. I also like the idea (as I said above) of [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Saffron[/name] and [name]Juniper[/name] G___. [name]Juniper[/name] [name]Gemma[/name]? [name]Juniper[/name] [name]Georgette[/name]?

Twinkle,

Thanks for your kind words. So sweet of you!

I’m glad that your husband likes [name]Barbary[/name] a good deal! I’m really racking my brain as to what might be the ideal middle name combination for Miss [name]Dotty[/name]. Another thing - I like the sing-song-y compliment of [name]Cecily[/name] and [name]Barbary[/name], too…

And, I was just re-reading posts and stumbled on the last one before this, by [name]Gwen[/name]'s Mom, about the matching letters (i.e., [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] and [name]Barbary[/name] [name]Blossom[/name], for example) and I just wanted to point out that, being an identical twin, I take matching - and concerns over it - very seriously. [name]Trust[/name] me - if I thought this was going overboard, I would definitely let you know! I know what it’s like to feel like a “freak show” sometimes, and I wouldn’t wish that on your baby girls, Twinkle.

Let me know what you think as you continue to whittle - or should I say bolster? - your name list!

Thank you all! And thank you for your reassurance, [name]Lemon[/name] - I do worry about the names being matchy; I would like the girls to have a naimg connection in the middle, which is why we were considering the two food names, but I would hate for them to be matchy. My sister and brother are twins (they are just everywhere in our family!) and they always hated being referred to as a unit, so I am extra-wary of being matchy with twins.

We have decided against :
[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Juniper[/name] [name]Ginger[/name] (DH’s least favourite)
[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Juniper[/name] [name]Suri[/name] (I was still bothered by the celebrity connection)
The [name]Pomona[/name] names ([name]Pomona[/name] [name]Pari[/name] and [name]Pomona[/name] Parvin)
[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Juniper[/name] Nousha (my least favourite)
[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Juniper[/name] Ziba (DH didn’t really like)
[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Juniper[/name] [name]Laleh[/name] (pronunciation issues - lah-leh or lah-luh?)

Our list as it stands :
[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Kizzy[/name] [name]Alouette[/name] - this one is still holding on :slight_smile:

[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Juniper[/name] [name]Tara[/name] - DH loves, I like

[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Juniper[/name] [name]Gypsy[/name] - I love it, but am thinking perhaps not, due to the possible misconceptions

[name]Marigold[/name] [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] - I really love this one, but worry that [name]Charlotte[/name] isn’t obviously food-y enough to be a connection to [name]Juniper[/name] … (apple [name]Charlotte[/name])

[name]Marigold[/name] [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Saffron[/name] - we don’t like it quite as much as [name]Cecily[/name] Charlottte, but it is definitely food-y

[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Juniper[/name] Minu - the last-standing Persian choice

DH really loves [name]Barbary[/name] … I like it, but love the connection, and DH likes the connection to his Great Aunt [name]Barbara[/name]. I never met her, but he says she was wonderful. So, we are thinking of :
[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Barbary[/name] B____ (something food-related and two-syllables?)

[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Barbary[/name] [name]Suzette[/name] - because [name]Charlotte[/name] isn’t so obviously food-y, I tried to think of a less obviously food-y name for [name]Dotty[/name], and this was the result (crepes [name]Suzette[/name]). I love that it is a little French, and I think the name is very sweet. DH loves it, but we worry that [name]Barbary[/name] [name]Suzette[/name] is a little plain?

[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Juniper[/name] Osprey - DH isn’t sold, but I think this one is nice.

[name]Dorothea[/name] Coriander Kite - a new invention! I love the Kite connection to [name]Peregrine[/name], and the food-y essence of Coriander. It reminds me of a very nice book that I once read, too - ‘I, Coriander’ (my younger cousins insisted!).

Once again, I can’t thank you all enough!

I like [name]Barbary[/name] too and food related

[name]Barbary[/name] [name]Bay[/name] (leaf)

Twinkle,

Well, my favorite [name]Maggie[/name] combination is - and will remain - [name]Marigold[/name] [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]. I really don’t think you can do better than this!

I think that [name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Juniper[/name] [name]Gypsy[/name] is amazing, but I understand your hesitation. Thus, I think [name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Barbary[/name] - especially with that [name]Barbara[/name] connection - is ideal, personally. I’m trying to think of a way to connect the name to [name]Maggie[/name]'s in some way…

1. [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Neville[/name], Duchess of [name]York[/name] (1415-1495), mother of Kings [name]Edward[/name] IV and [name]Richard[/name] III of [name]England[/name], was the daughter of [name]Joan[/name] Beaufort. So, [name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Barbary[/name] Beaufort could work, for a dignified, stately, sophisticated name.

2. [name]Cecily[/name] is a character in [name]Oscar[/name] Wilde’s The Importance of Being [name]Earnest[/name] - one of my personal favorites - as is Lady Bracknell, mother of [name]Gwendolen[/name]. Thus, [name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Barbary[/name] Bracknell is another literary, elegant name you may consider. (MY PICK!)

3. [name]Charlotte[/name] is the first name of renowned English novelist, [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Bronte[/name], who is responsible for the excellent [name]Jane[/name] Eyre. You may consider - as I have suggested once - [name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Barbary[/name] [name]Bronte[/name]. (MY PICK!) Or, you may consider [name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Barbary[/name] [name]Branwell[/name], as [name]Branwell[/name] was the name of the [name]Bronte[/name] sisters’ brother, and their mother’s maiden name.

4. In [name]Jane[/name] Eyre, there is a character called [name]Bertha[/name]. So, [name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Barbary[/name] [name]Bertha[/name] is another - perhaps less appealing? - option.

5. I’m assuming you know that [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Lucas[/name] was a character in [name]Jane[/name] [name]Austen[/name]'s - glorious - Pride and Prejudice. Best friend of [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Bennet[/name], [name]Charlotte[/name] was a fine, though homely, lady. Another option is [name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Barbary[/name] [name]Bennet[/name].

6. I know you are an astronomy nut, so I thought of Blazar. Blazars are very compact quasars (quasi-stellar objects) associated with a presumed supermassive black hole at the center of an active, giant elliptical galaxy. So, you may consider [name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Barbary[/name] Blazar.

7. [name]Said[/name] the be the most ancient constellation in the sky, Bootes is the bear driver. Maybe [name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Barbary[/name] Bootes would work?

8. [name]Mimosa[/name], or Becrux, is the second brightest star in the constellation Crux and one of the brightest stars in the night sky. [name]Mimosa[/name] is a recent name based on its color, while Becrux is a combination of [name]Beta[/name] Crucis, its official name. Thus, [name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Barbary[/name] Becrux is an option.

9. I believe you used to live in [name]France[/name], so I’ve selected to options to honor this. [name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Barbary[/name] Bourges and [name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Barbary[/name] Bordeaux could work for you.

10. For a cooking or spice theme, you may like [name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Barbary[/name] [name]Basil[/name] - an excellent, soft, delicious herb! (MY PICK!)

11. For a floral theme, options like [name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Barbary[/name] [name]Blossom[/name] (MY PICK!) and [name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Barbary[/name] Bouquet are interesting!

Okay - I think I’m named out for right now. I’ve only suggested BB combinations because, in my opinion, it would bother me if [name]Maggie[/name] had a repeated-letter combination and [name]Dotty[/name] did not. So, if you can’t find a BB combination you love, if I were you, I’d look to something else for [name]Maggie[/name] - hopefully that isn’t the case! You can see my favorites in the four “MY PICK!” names…

Good luck, and let me know what you think!

Twinkle I just finished reading that book to my goddaughter! I loved it, and Coriander, never my favourite herb, has won me over as a name. [name]Dorothea[/name] Coriander Kite is sweet and whimsical, I can never pick my favourites of the names you choose, but this one makes me smile

[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Marigold[/name] [name]Barbary[/name] [name]Blanche[/name]

We have decided against :
[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Juniper[/name] [name]Ginger[/name] (DH’s least favourite)
[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Juniper[/name] [name]Suri[/name] (I was still bothered by the celebrity connection) - yeah! [name]Suri[/name] is a problem. But what about [name]Siri[/name]? I know a girl named [name]Siri[/name] who is very smart and nice.
The [name]Pomona[/name] names ([name]Pomona[/name] [name]Pari[/name] and [name]Pomona[/name] Parvin) - too many “P’s”
[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Juniper[/name] Nousha (my least favourite) - yeah, this one did make me hungry, but I’m okay because I ate a granola bar!
[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Juniper[/name] Ziba (DH didn’t really like) - Ziba does sound kind of like Zebra.
[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Juniper[/name] [name]Laleh[/name] (pronunciation issues - lah-leh or lah-luh?) - I call my husband a nickname that sounds similar to [name]Laleh[/name].

Our list as it stands :
[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Kizzy[/name] [name]Alouette[/name] - this one is still holding on :slight_smile: - love

[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Juniper[/name] [name]Tara[/name] - DH loves, I like - I especially love [name]Juniper[/name].

[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Juniper[/name] [name]Gypsy[/name] - I love it, but am thinking perhaps not, due to the possible misconceptions - I think this is really fun, but I can see your point.

[name]Marigold[/name] [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] - I really love this one, but worry that [name]Charlotte[/name] isn’t obviously food-y enough to be a connection to [name]Juniper[/name] … (apple [name]Charlotte[/name]) - that’s true.

[name]Marigold[/name] [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Saffron[/name] - we don’t like it quite as much as [name]Cecily[/name] Charlottte, but it is definitely food-y - Definitely.

[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Juniper[/name] Minu - the last-standing Persian choice - Minu sounds like menu. Menu is definitely foody!

DH really loves [name]Barbary[/name] … I like it, but love the connection, and DH likes the connection to his Great Aunt [name]Barbara[/name]. I never met her, but he says she was wonderful.

• [name]Barbary[/name] makes me think of the [name]Barbary[/name] Coast. Adventuresome and wild!

So, we are thinking of :
[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Barbary[/name] B____ (something food-related and two-syllables?)

Well, definitely not Bacon!
[name]Bree[/name], but too much “br” going on.
I will try to think of more while I go to sleep.

[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Barbary[/name] [name]Suzette[/name] - because [name]Charlotte[/name] isn’t so obviously food-y, I tried to think of a less obviously food-y name for [name]Dotty[/name], and this was the result (crepes [name]Suzette[/name]). I love that it is a little French, and I think the name is very sweet. DH loves it, but we worry that [name]Barbary[/name] [name]Suzette[/name] is a little plain? - I love [name]Suzette[/name]!

[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Juniper[/name] Osprey - DH isn’t sold, but I think this one is nice.

[name]Dorothea[/name] Coriander Kite - a new invention! I love the Kite connection to [name]Peregrine[/name], and the food-y essence of Coriander. It reminds me of a very nice book that I once read, too - ‘I, Coriander’ (my younger cousins insisted!). - I love birds!

Once again, I can’t thank you all enough!

[name]Just[/name] a suggestion, what do you think of:

[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Barbary[/name] [name]Brigette[/name]

I like it with your

[name]Marigold[/name] [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] (perfect!)

The twins wouldn’t have names with matching meanings but I like how the matching alliteration and name endings (1st, ‘-y’ and 2nd, ‘-tte’) really pulls the names together as twins.

([name]Just[/name] a note, I like how your other children have classic names and even though they have meanings that are food and bird related, they are still recognizable as names. I think it would be a mistake to start using ‘word names’ (such as a spice) just to tie one name to another. You should stick with your classic choices, [name]IMO[/name].)

Good [name]Luck[/name]!

Yeah, I think Coriander is too obvious a word name, but [name]Saffron[/name] is cool.
I love that song that goes, “I’m just mad about [name]Saffron[/name], she’s just mad about me.” I think it’s really mystical. It’s called “Mellow Yellow” by [name]Donovan[/name].

I am so sorry for yet more questions, but my sister, some friends and I spent a lunch brainstorming more ideas for linking names today, and now we have a few more possibilities … Each pair of names includes a bird name, plus [name]Cecily[/name], and two names which would link the twins to each other. We are trying to keep to five syllables in the middle, too. I will be looking over all of your suggestions in just a moment, too, and will post in response to those then.

But for now, the new suggestions (I am not sure of the flow of some of these, so feel free to rearrange them a little if you feel inspired!) :
[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Felicity[/name] [name]Wren[/name]/Kite/[name]Lark[/name]
and
[name]Marigold[/name] [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Lettice[/name] - both names meaning ‘happiness’. Other suggestions of two-syllable virtue names would be welcome, as I particularly like this idea; there was a virtue names theme going on on my mother’s side of the family, and this would be a nice way to honour her family.

[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Wren[/name]/[name]Lark[/name] [name]Olympia[/name]
and
[name]Marigold[/name] [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Delphi[/name] - both were Ancient Greek places; I studied Classics at university, and so I love these names, too

[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Fantine[/name] [name]Alouette[/name]
and
[name]Marigold[/name] [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Cosette[/name] - names from [name]Les[/name] Miserables; is it strange that [name]Fantine[/name] was [name]Cosette[/name]'s mother?

[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Celestina[/name] [name]Wren[/name]
and
[name]Marigold[/name] [name]Lyra[/name] [name]Cecily[/name] - a connection to one of my great passions, astronomy.

[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Daphne[/name]/[name]Helen[/name]/[name]Chloe[/name] [name]Alouette[/name]
and
[name]Marigold[/name] [name]Hero[/name]/[name]Helen[/name]/[name]Roxanne[/name] [name]Cecily[/name] - famous lovers.

I agree with this. I think it would be a mistake to match the names to closely.

[name]Marigold[/name] [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] is a perfect combination.

It has [name]Marigold[/name] which is an unusual, quirky flower/ nature name but is is followed by two classics, ([name]Cecily[/name] which is feminine and slightly whimsical and [name]Charlotte[/name] which is a v attractive, popular classic) so it sounds v well balanced. I know you link [name]Charlotte[/name] to ‘apple charlotte’ but no one else will; it just sounds like a pretty, classic name.

I was just wondering whether you would consider something like:

[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Barbary[/name] [name]Alice[/name] or [name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Juniper[/name] [name]Jane[/name].

For me, these sort of combinations sound much better because they are much more balanced and contain enough classic elements for you never to ‘go off’ them or for the children themselves to strongly dislike when they are older.
Your other children’s names have mostly classic elements, with perhaps one unusual/ quirky name.

[name]Dorothea[/name] is a slightly old fashioned, feminine classic in a similar vein to [name]Cecily[/name].
[name]Barbary[/name] is a nature name and very evocative so that ties with [name]Marigold[/name]. [name]Juniper[/name] is similar, although less evocative, it has a great sense of fun!
[name]Alice[/name] or [name]Jane[/name] are beautiful, simple classic names and I feel that they pair much better with [name]Charlotte[/name] and make the name sound stronger overall.

Disclaimer- only my personal opinion. You have lots of fantastic ideas and a really unique style so I am sure that you will make wonderful choices!
Good luck :slight_smile: