Middle Names for Pets

[name_f]My[/name_f] neighbor has a lab named [name_f]Chloe[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f], and one of my friends on FB has a retriever named [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u]. Idk, would you give your pets middle names, and if so what names would you give them?

Here are mine :slight_smile:

Girls:

[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_u]Lane[/name_u] “Penny”
[name_u]Ruby[/name_u] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] “Ru”
[name_f]Lavender[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] “Lav”
[name_f]Martina[/name_f] [name_u]Louise[/name_u] “Tina”
[name_f]Layla[/name_f] [name_u]Marie[/name_u] “Lay”
[name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] [name_m]Oz[/name_m] “Dot”
[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] [name_u]Jade[/name_u] “Opie”

Boys:

[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_m]Bear[/name_m] “Teddy”
[name_u]Presley[/name_u] [name_u]Michael[/name_u] “Pres”
[name_u]Sawyer[/name_u] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] “Saw”
[name_m]Ozzy[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] “Ozz”
[name_m]Raymond[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] “Ray”
[name_u]Edward[/name_u] Van-Halen “Eddie”

my cats name is Socks [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] i call her ‘Liza

1 Like

Yes I would get pets middle names my dogs name is Starbucks Spunky and my horses name is [name_f]Amethyst[/name_f] [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] ( not related [name_m]Iggy[/name_m] [name_f]Azalea[/name_f] as I have had this name before she was famous ) .

1 Like

I wouldn’t give a middle name to pets. I love your ideas though, especially Theodore Bear “Teddy”!

1 Like

Yes, of course!

[name_f]My[/name_f] current pets are:

[name_f]Amelia[/name_f] [name_u]Skye[/name_u] ‘Mia’ (cat)

[name_u]Artemis[/name_u] [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] ‘Ari’ (cat)

[name_f]Fiona[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] (dog)

And pets (all cats) I’ve had in the past:

Foxfire Spice ‘Spice’-I actually didn’t name him, as that was his name when I adopted him & he knew it already. But it worked for him.

[name_m]Samuel[/name_m] [name_u]August[/name_u]

And cats I had growing up that were named by my family & I:

[name_u]Holly[/name_u] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]

[name_f]Hayley[/name_f] Ellen-I named her when I was eight after the recently deceased [name_u]Holly[/name_u] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]!

[name_m]Adam[/name_m] Stretch ‘Stretch’

Spider Sabrina…often called ‘Spi’

[name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]

2 Likes

Our dog is named Ruby and her middle name is Diamond. :rofl: I chose this for her when I was probably 8 years old!

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] family doesn’t immediately give middle names to our dogs, but then we leave it open so they can gain a middle name if it suits them. For example, our dog [name_f]Summer[/name_f] is :100: the alpha of our dogs, so we call her [name_f]Summer[/name_f] [name_f]Reina[/name_f], because it means [name_f]Queen[/name_f]. That way they have a name that relates to their personality!

1 Like

All of my pets have had middle names & definitely plan to do so with any future pets (although, I hope I do a better job with it in the future lol). Current kitty is Butterscotch [name_u]Charles[/name_u]. I hate that the names run into each other! I picked [name_u]Charles[/name_u] because on the ride home I was like he looks like a [name_u]Charlie[/name_u], but had already told the rescue I’d keep Butterscotch as his name and felt like I couldn’t change it, so I put [name_u]Charles[/name_u] in the middle instead. [name_f]Cat[/name_f] before him was [name_u]Miracle[/name_u] Rize.

I have a cat, Montague “Monty,” who’s a rescue kitty. He’s the first pet I’ve adopted on my own (as opposed to having a family pet). He’s also my profile picture.

I honestly wasn’t going to give him a middle name at first, but decided to keep the name the pet rescue I got him from gave him as a middle name. I think I’ll continue to do that when I adopt future pets :slight_smile:

His full name is Montague MacGyver Lastname* :two_hearts:

(*Lastname being my Lastname)

1 Like

I would do it - why not? More fun and more things to name! Our current cat has a middle name (it’s rather rude as he can be quite naughty) and our previous cat was [name_u]Jackson[/name_u] [name_m]Bartholomew[/name_m].

[name_u]Jack[/name_u] only had a middle name so my mum, who was teaching an early childhood class at the time (before I was born), could sign up for newsletters and the like! It came from the name of a stuffed bear she owned.

[name_f]My[/name_f] cousin has a dog, [name_f]Lulu[/name_f] [name_f]Chanel[/name_f], with [name_f]Chanel[/name_f] being the name given by the breeders and [name_f]Lulu[/name_f] being her choice.

1 Like

i don’t currently have a pet, but i’ve had a name saved for a future female kitty or pup!

harvest luna “harvey lou” :fallen_leaf:

1 Like

As a teen I gave my cats middle names unofficially. Meaning I didn’t run the idea or choices but my parents. I also didn’t put a lot of thought into the names just what I thought sounded good with their firsts.

[name_m]Guy[/name_m] [name_m]Bear[/name_m]
[name_f]Gabriella[/name_f] [name_f]Nicole[/name_f]
Gustopher [name_u]Ryan[/name_u]

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] cat is called [name_u]Scout[/name_u], so I jokingly say her formal name is [name_u]Jean[/name_u] [name_u]Louise[/name_u].

3 Likes

I am reading To Kill A Mockingbird in [name_f]English[/name_f] class right now, what a coincidence :ok_hand:

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] dog has a mn! [name_f]Maggie[/name_f] Moonpie, but we only called her that for the first few weeks of having her, so we usually call her just [name_f]Maggie[/name_f], or [name_f]Mags[/name_f], sometimes Magpie

1 Like