Middle names for twins Taylor and Paige

We are having twin girls and are very happy with the names [name]Taylor[/name] and [name]Paige[/name] Halligan. We are looking for a one or two syllable middle name for [name]Taylor[/name] and a two syllable middle name for [name]Paige[/name]. My husband likes traditional middle names like [name]Ann[/name] and [name]Lynn[/name]. I feel like they have been overused, but need to suggest something that isn’t too unusual to get him on board. Please help! Here are some names we are considering so please let us know your thoughts and please make suggestions!

[name]Paige[/name] [name]Caitlin[/name]
[name]Paige[/name] [name]Kelly[/name]
[name]Paige[/name] [name]Dylan[/name]
[name]Paige[/name] [name]Christine[/name] (his great grandmother’s name, but we didn’t know her…it was a suggestion from a family member)
[name]Taylor[/name] [name]Christine[/name]
[name]Taylor[/name] [name]Leigh[/name]
[name]Taylor[/name] [name]Brooke[/name]
[name]Taylor[/name] [name]Reese[/name]
[name]Taylor[/name] [name]Kelly[/name]

Of course we love [name]Taylor[/name] [name]Paige[/name] as one name, but we are really hoping to use both as first names. However, if you have a twin name that goes well with [name]Taylor[/name] I’ll take those recommendations as well. Thanks everyone!

Congratulations on your daughters! I’m glad you found names you like so easily.

I really like the notion of pairing them with something classic and unambiguously feminine. Of your choices, my favorite by far was [name]Christine[/name] for [name]Paige[/name]. It’s beautiful, works optimally from a flow perspective, and honors a family member.

For [name]Taylor[/name], I like something that has more vowel sounds, since [name]Taylor[/name] starts and ends with strong consonant sounds. Some thoughts:

1-syllable:

[name]Taylor[/name] [name]Eve[/name]
[name]Taylor[/name] [name]Maeve[/name]

[name]Taylor[/name] actually works extremely well with something longer:

[name]Taylor[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Taylor[/name] [name]Alessandra[/name]
[name]Taylor[/name] [name]Aubrianna[/name]
[name]Taylor[/name] [name]Emiliana[/name]
[name]Taylor[/name] [name]Nicoletta[/name]
[name]Taylor[/name] [name]Seraphina[/name]

I think [name]Taylor[/name] and [name]Paige[/name] make great twin names! I will confess, however, that I find several of these middle name options ([name]Caitlin[/name], [name]Kelly[/name], [name]Brooke[/name], and [name]Leigh[/name] as a middle) a bit dated; as a person in my mid-twenties, they’re the names of peers and people slightly older than I. (If you look at the SSA website, those names in particular were highly ranked in the 1980s and 1990s and are descending at a decent clip now…) I really like [name]Reese[/name], but dislike how the R at the end of [name]Taylor[/name] runs into the R at the start of [name]Reese[/name]: Tayloreese. And while I understand that [name]Dylan[/name] works fine on a girl, it’s ranked at #33 for boys; with [name]Paige[/name] (which was once much more unisex and used on boys), I think [name]Dylan[/name] makes that name fairly masculine.

[name]Christine[/name] is the standout for me; it’s graceful, feminine, and has lovely meaning to your family. I think it’s beautiful with either daughter’s name, though I slightly prefer [name]Taylor[/name] [name]Christine[/name] (the R and T sounds shared by both names make it flow nicely!).

I notice that the middle names you like tend to be crisp, shorter, full of lighter vowels and sharp consonant sounds. Here are some other suggestions:

[name]Taylor[/name] [name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Taylor[/name] [name]Belle[/name]
[name]Taylor[/name] [name]Brynn[/name]
[name]Taylor[/name] [name]Wren[/name]
[name]Taylor[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Taylor[/name] [name]Eve[/name]
[name]Taylor[/name] [name]Shea[/name] ("[name]Shay[/name]")
[name]Taylor[/name] [name]Eliza[/name] or [name]Taylor[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Taylor[/name] [name]Autumn[/name]
[name]Taylor[/name] [name]Delaney[/name]
[name]Taylor[/name] [name]Stella[/name]
[name]Taylor[/name] [name]Aubrey[/name]
[name]Taylor[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Taylor[/name] [name]Sadie[/name]

[name]Paige[/name] [name]Eden[/name]
[name]Paige[/name] [name]Aria[/name]
[name]Paige[/name] [name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Paige[/name] [name]Elodie[/name]
[name]Paige[/name] [name]Emmeline[/name]
[name]Paige[/name] [name]Eva[/name]
[name]Paige[/name] [name]Lillian[/name]
[name]Paige[/name] [name]Madeline[/name]
[name]Paige[/name] [name]Isla[/name]
[name]Paige[/name] [name]Serena[/name]
[name]Paige[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Paige[/name] [name]Savannah[/name]

The stand out quality of both first names is that long ‘a’ sound. Also like the elegant simplicity of each. I vote [name]Taylor[/name] [name]Grace[/name] and [name]Paige[/name] [name]Caitlin[/name].

Have you considered not using middle names?

Thanks everyone! We appreciate the help. We still aren’t sure of what we are going to do, but we are mulling over your recommendations seriously!

I actually know 2 [name]Taylor[/name]'s with the mn [name]Brooke[/name]! It suits them both well. I like [name]Taylor[/name] [name]Brooke[/name] and [name]Paige[/name] [name]Elise[/name] as twins.