Middle names - Long and Elegant or Short and sweet?

[name]Just[/name] wondering what everyone thinks about the perfect middle names? Should they be short and sweet a la [name]May[/name], [name]Jane[/name] (my own middle name) or longer and more elegant like [name]Elizabeth[/name] and [name]Carolina[/name]? And what do you think of 2 middle names? Sophisticated in royal family kind of a way? Or does it turn a beautiful baby name into a list of names?

What do you all think?

As a general rule I’m not sure I have a preference between long or short, but I think the [name]Lyn[/name]/[name]Lynn[/name] connection to so many people you love makes it a wonderful choice

Also, in case you’re interested, I believe it was [name]Lemon[/name] who wrote a VERY comprehensive post on the flow of names, in terms of syllables etc. if I remember correctly

You may want to have a look at it, if you can find it that is! I’ll have a look around too

Thanks for your input!!

I do like it but I’m worried it’s a little plain. This is only future planning, no baby just yet lol, but I do always feel that if I had a girl I’d want to give her the best name possible in case she was the only girl I had and I didn’t have another chance! I’m sure the rest of you nameberryites can understand! Hehe.

In general I like long elegant names but really I think for the middle name it depends on the first name you’re using. [name]Claudie[/name] [name]Lynn[/name] is lovely.

Have you considered [name]Claudia[/name]? [name]Claudia[/name] [name]Morgan[/name] [name]Lynn[/name] would be nice.

I find its better to choose a middle ending in a different letter to what the first name ends in flow wise.

I quite like two or three middles its just convincing hubby!

On my blog I have lots of two middle combos if you want to look :slight_smile:

Thanks guys! Keep the opinions coming :slight_smile:

I like [name]Claudie[/name] [name]Lynn[/name]…the other mn that came to mind is [name]Lynette[/name]. [name]Claudie[/name] [name]Lynette[/name] is nice, too!
Or if you were going with 2 mn’s, I like [name]Claudie[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Lynn[/name].

From your I think [name]Claudie[/name] [name]Rowena[/name] [name]Morgan[/name] (love your surname btw), is very pretty. I’d probably wouldn’t choose a middle name ending in an “N” because of your surname.

I’m a big believer in choosing a middle name that has some sort of family meaning, so I would go with [name]Lynn[/name]. I like being able to tell my kids why we picked the middle name we did.

I second this. Although it doesn’t have to be family - as long as it’s a close friend, someone you admire, etc… Something with meaning.

I agree that middle names have to have some significance. All those mentioned have some significance to me though.