Middle Names!

Okay, so I’ve been inspired by that poll I posted earlier…

If you’re comfortable with sharing, I’d love to know what your middle name(s) are! If not, that’s okay too!!

[name_f]My[/name_f] middle name is [name_f]Ann[/name_f].

It’s a big family name and hold so much significance to my family. I personally however, don’t think it flows well with my first name. But it’s important, so it’ll be fine.

Summary

Although, if they were so set on honoring my great grandmother [name_f]Anna[/name_f], why didn’t my parents just name me [name_f]Anna[/name_f]?

3 Likes

I’d rather not share my exact middle name, but it’s a variation of [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]. It honors both my maternal grandfather and my paternal grandmother. I’m happy with it. I like the way it sounds and that it’s a family name.

Eshkol’s second middle is [name_m]Yosef[/name_m], which is a direct honor for my husband’s cousin who passed away. I might not have used it otherwise, but I do love that it’s also connected to my own middle name.

3 Likes

Mine is [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f].

Pronounced Eh-lun-NOOR.

This was due to be my name, however, in the weeks before I was born, my mum encountered so many little Eleanors, Eloises and Ellies that she was not longer so sure. Then, when I was born, she looked at me and decided I was [name_f]Grace[/name_f], not [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], and so [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] was moved to the middle

2 Likes

Mine is [name_f]Octavia[/name_f] is you haven’t already guessed :slight_smile:
It’s honouring the fact that I’m the eighth born grandchild of my father’s side.

3 Likes

Mine is [name_f]Norma[/name_f], after my great-grandmother. I like it a lot, it was clearly chosen out of pure love for the honoured. :heart:

1 Like
Summary

[name_f]Norma[/name_f] is so sweet :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Mine is [name_m]Scott[/name_m] and it’s my dad’s name. I also share a middle with my brother (my parents were clearly very creative lol)

3 Likes

mine is [name_f]Rose[/name_f], named after my grandma [name_f]Rose[/name_f]

Summary

[name_f]My[/name_f] sister’s mns are [name_f]Frances[/name_f] & [name_m]Jonah[/name_m]
[name_f]My[/name_f] brother’s is [name_m]Calvin[/name_m]

1 Like

[name_f]Lauren[/name_f]. No real significance. [name_f]My[/name_f] mom just thought it sounded “classic” and pretty. I actually like it better than my first name and wish it had been what I’d always been called.

2 Likes

mine is my father’s name! rather not share it, but it’s a cultural thing. my sister’s is the same.

2 Likes

Mine is [name_m]Gay[/name_m], literally so tragic, it’s my grandmothers middle name and my mom thought [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_m]Gay[/name_m] sounded cute. little to ironic for my taste

2 Likes

Mine is [name_f]Sage[/name_f] (if you didn’t know already haha). Much less common when I was born, but I go by it now and truly feel like it fits me so much better than my first!!

3 Likes

Mine are McK!nz! [name_f]Dawn[/name_f]. It was supposed to be my name, but my parents decided last minute to name me after my dads mom. [name_f]Dawn[/name_f] is also my moms middle name, and that spelling of [name_f]Mackenzie[/name_f] was picked to reflect the unique spelling of my moms name (think [name_f]Traci[/name_f] or [name_f]Kristi[/name_f] instead of [name_f]Tracy[/name_f] or Kristy) and to avoid the nickname Macksie my great-grandma insisted she would use :sweat_smile: I was confused for a long time how the spelling would negate an unwanted nickname, but my family does audibly say [name_f]Mackenzie[/name_f] differently to McKenzie (more of a mack/muck first syllable vs mick).

I’m mostly indifferent to them, the meanings are nice, but they are rather “filler” and “dated” feeling to me.

1 Like

Mine is [name_f]Madison[/name_f]!

Most will say the name is pretty dated since it was super popular at one point but then kinda fell off, but I love it!

1 Like

Mine is [name_f]Louise[/name_f] - I’ve never been the biggest fan of it (can’t explain why) but I have an aunty on both my parents’ sides with the same middle name so I thought that was quite cool

1 Like

mine is olivia!

happy rant about olivia

my mom chose it after she first heard it on a friend’s daughter. i like how it’s an old name and can be traced back to the 13th century in england, and that it has literary ties and is reminiscent of old hollywood. i also like how popular it is- when people hear that my middle name is olivia, they often go “oh, i have a daughter/friend/relative with that name!”. i like how olivia is grand, very feminine, and romantic in juxtaposition to my first name which is shorter and simpler. all in all i love my middle name!!

2 Likes

mine is marie! i love how it’s a family name, i don’t really have strong feelings about the name itself, but i adore the alliteration with my first name!!

1 Like

Mine is [name_f]Lyn[/name_f] (not [name_f]Lynn[/name_f] or Lynne), oddly enough a namesake for a great-grandma somewhere up the line named Leolyn, and it’s become the middle name for most of the women in my family. I like it! If you don’t have a one-syllable first name, it flows pretty well with everything, by virtue of being so simple and basic, and I’ve always viewed it as kind of spunky even though I know it’s like the most normal, boring middle name ever. But it does mean I am forever going back and forth on whether or not my future daughters will have the same middle. We’ll see, lol.

1 Like

Mine is [name_f]Jane[/name_f], because it went with [name_f]Tamara[/name_f]

1 Like