Miles or Milo?

We’re not yet expecting, but DH and I talk about names from time to time. We’ve realized that we both love the same name… kind of. He prefers [name]Miles[/name] and I prefer [name]Milo[/name] although we both like both names. So the question is [name]Miles[/name] (nn [name]Milo[/name]) or [name]Milo[/name] (nn [name]Miles[/name]). Which is better on the birth certificate?

Thanks for your wise advice in advance!

I really like both, but I’d be inclined to go with [name]Miles[/name]. My one fear with [name]Milo[/name] would be that it’s going to become very trendy and will wind up sounding very much of this era a couple of decades down the road, if that makes any sense. [name]Miles[/name] seems more classic and aesthetically durable to me.

[name]Both[/name] are great choices…I personally love [name]Milo[/name]

[name]Miles[/name] is a terrific name! I would name a boy [name]Miles[/name] and just call him [name]Miles[/name] though. As someone who has had a nickname her entire life, I encourage parents to just skip the nickname and name your child what you actually want to call him/her. It has been a confusing headache for me my whole life.

We’re expecting a little boy in 10 weeks and he is to be named [name]Miles[/name]. I’m going to use [name]Milo[/name] as a nn but he will most likely be called both. I see it working out the same as my husband- his name is [name]Lucas[/name] but goes by [name]Luke[/name] with close family and friends.

[name]Myles[/name].

I love both [name]Miles[/name] and [name]Milo[/name]! If I had to pick, I’d…Well, I’d be stuck.

I think I’d end up going with [name]Milo[/name], because like you said, it’s the best of both worlds, being able to call him [name]Milo[/name] or [name]Miles[/name].

Does one sound better with your last name?

Good luck! :slight_smile:

My son is named [name]Miles[/name], he doesn’t have a nn, although once I heard him called Milesie, ugh!

BTW In Australia “[name]Milo[/name]” is the brand of a drinking chocolate, it is a yummy drink.

[name]Love[/name] [name]Milo[/name]!

[name]Milo[/name]! love it!