Mills, too surnamey?

[name_f]My[/name_f] SO and I plan to TTC in a few years and of course he does not want to entertain names until we are actually expecting so I can’t annoy him with names lol.

[name_f]My[/name_f] baby fever is in overdrive so I was taking a peek at my master list which I haven’t redone in years and came across [name_u]Mills[/name_u] again. I love it, I can perfectly picture calling out the name, introducing our little [name_u]Mills[/name_u]. It’s just perfection. I just worry it may not sound enough like a name to use?

[name_f]My[/name_f] top girl name is also [name_u]Milo[/name_u], [name_u]Mills[/name_u] and [name_u]Milo[/name_u] would lead into a very obvious pattern.

[name_m]General[/name_m] thoughts, opinions would be greatly appreciated!

1 Like

OMG, I’m so glad to find someone else who loves [name_u]Milo[/name_u] on a girl.

[name_u]Mills[/name_u] is also on my list, I don’t think it’s to surnamey, but thats coming from someone who wanted to name twins [name_u]Lennon[/name_u] and McCartney so I wouldn’t take my own advice, but I do love the name [name_u]Mills[/name_u].

3 Likes

Oh, I love [name_u]Mills[/name_u]! Then again, I love a surname for a first name (or a middle!). [name_u]Mills[/name_u] feels a little fresher than [name_u]Miller[/name_u], though I do think [name_u]Miller[/name_u] nn [name_u]Mills[/name_u] could also work!

2 Likes

[name_u]Mills[/name_u] is surnamey, but not any more than [name_m]Wells[/name_m] or [name_u]Brooks[/name_u]. Unfortunately, it’s much too similar to [name_u]Milo[/name_u] imo. I like [name_u]Mills[/name_u] more than [name_u]Milo[/name_u].

3 Likes

Same here! :raised_hands:t2:

I like Mills! I don’t think it is too much like a surname. It fits right in with the Banks and Wells you hear of so often lately.

I think that Mills and Milo are a perfect sibset!

1 Like

Ha, my SO also won’t entertain names until we’re actually pregnant. I like [name_u]Mills[/name_u] a lot! For me personally, [name_u]Mills[/name_u] and [name_u]Milo[/name_u] are too close for sibs (I know a [name_f]Millie[/name_f] & [name_u]Milo[/name_u] and I honestly find it quite strange).

i think it’s too surnamey for me personally, but it’s still cute! a similar name i’d consider is miles. maxwell could also be good to get the double “L” in there; plus milo and maxwell would make adorable siblings.

I do think it would be far too similar to [name_u]Milo[/name_u] for a siblings name, but could it be her nickname? [name_u]Mills[/name_u] reads as a nickname to me before a surname (though both are sensible). I think [name_u]Milo[/name_u] nn [name_u]Mills[/name_u] for a girl would be so darling!

I’ve met a boy called [name_u]Miller[/name_u], so I don’t see why [name_u]Mills[/name_u] can’t work!

I really like both [name_u]Mills[/name_u] and [name_u]Miller[/name_u], they sound very easygoing and capable to me.

[name_u]Mills[/name_u] and [name_u]Milo[/name_u] for siblings would be way too close for me though.

I never thought of [name_u]Milo[/name_u] nn [name_u]Mills[/name_u]! That may be a fun way to sneak in both names?

Thank you everyone for your comments! I likely won’t use [name_u]Milo[/name_u] & [name_u]Mills[/name_u] together which is also something to think out.

Thanks again!

1 Like

[name_u]Mills[/name_u] is cool! It does sound a bit like a nickname for [name_f]Mila[/name_f] or another name that stars with mil-, but i dont think it sounds to surname-y