Minuette - what do you think?

What do you think of the name Minuette? It is pronounced min-you-et-eh. Please be completely brutally honest!

It is my name and we are considering using it as our daughters middle name (don’t let this put you off being honest though!). Her brothers are named [name]Rowan[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] and [name]Laurence[/name] [name]Christopher[/name].

Our list:
[name]Katherine[/name] Minuette [name]Hedley[/name]
[name]Katherine[/name] [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Hedley[/name]
[name]Katherine[/name] [name]Jemima[/name] [name]Hedley[/name]
[name]Katherine[/name] [name]Morgana[/name] [name]Hedley[/name]

If you could comment what sort of person you see with these names that would be great (I know middle names don’t make that much difference but we are really struggling to choose!)

Thanks
[name]Minnie[/name] and [name]Alexander[/name]

First off, I love your boys’ names! [name]Rowan[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] and [name]Laurence[/name] [name]Christopher[/name] are classic, strong, masculine choices. I like it. For your daughter I would go with something just as classic and strong, but yet very feminine. I think [name]Katherine[/name] [name]Matilda[/name] would be an excellent choice. [name]Matilda[/name] is one of my favorite names for a girl; it’s classic, quirky, and sweet.

I’m not a fan of Minuette. At all. Since this is the middle name though, if you love it, I say use it. But personally I think it sounds sort of ridiculous. It reminds me of minute (as in small) or [name]Bay[/name] [name]Minette[/name], a not so nice town close to where I live. Sorry :frowning: [name]Katherine[/name] [name]Jemima[/name] is nice, but I’d have to meet a baby [name]Jemima[/name] before I could shake the maple syrup association. [name]Morgana[/name] is not my style at all. If I heard this name I would assume your child was a witch.

Fair enough! I’m still not completely sure but [name]Alexander[/name] is adamant that he wants to use it now! Apparently my mother chose my name because I was so tiny when I was born… (I was going to be named [name]Etta[/name]… so subtle right?!). My only reservation is the bizarre way she insisted on pronouncing it! - I love the way it sounds but is just frustrating that no-one ever gets it right when reading it of paper! But then this is as a middle name so I suppose that doesn’t really matter. I like it as much as the others on the list so…

Anyone else got an opinion on it?

Thanks, [name]Minnie[/name]

I actually think it is beautiful, especially as a middle name. Sweet, feminine, very unusual but made less so by the familiar -ette ending … I’m sold! I think “[name]Minuet[/name] in G” et cetera when I hear it, and I think the musical connection that provides is lovely. With a solid classic like [name]Katherine[/name] in first place, you can certainly afford to use an unusual middle.

Good luck! [name]Auburn[/name]

I love Minuette! And as the previous poster said, with her first name being [name]Katherine[/name], something a bit different in the middle is nice. I love that she will have that connection with you. She will appreciate that more than any other name you may have chosen.

As far as what kind of person I see with it…I see a beautiful ballerina…classy, intelligent, and artistic.

[name]Katherine[/name] Minuette is very pretty!

I agree, I love it too!

But if you’re not really keen on the idea, why not just use [name]Etta[/name]? [name]Etta[/name] is one of my favourite names ever! And I think [name]Katherine[/name] [name]Etta[/name] sounds very glamorous and lovely :slight_smile: