Mira

[name]How[/name] do you pronounce [name]Mira[/name]? Mirror/Mi-ra or Meer-a?

What do you think of [name]Mira[/name] as a sister to [name]Niamh[/name] and [name]Ivy[/name]?

Please suggest some middle names for [name]Mira[/name]

[name]Hi[/name] –

[name]How[/name] do you pronounce [name]Mira[/name]? Mirror/Mi-ra or Meer-a? MEE-ra

What do you think of [name]Mira[/name] as a sister to [name]Niamh[/name] and [name]Ivy[/name]? like it! It’s a pretty name.

Please suggest some middle names for [name]Mira[/name]

I’m thinking something classic – and either a one syllable ([name]Jane[/name], [name]Lynn[/name], [name]Eve[/name], [name]Wynne[/name], [name]Joy[/name]) or a two-syll with stress on the second beat ([name]Charlene[/name], [name]Louise[/name], [name]Elise[/name], [name]Patrice[/name], [name]Danielle[/name], [name]Celeste[/name]). good luck!

[name]How[/name] do you pronounce [name]Niamh[/name]?

I pronounce [name]Mira[/name] as meer-uh, and I love it!

I also love it as a short form of [name]Miriam[/name], but since her sister’s have cute, short, spunky names, I think [name]Mira[/name] on its own is the way to go for you!

Some mn suggestions (different styles):
[name]Mira[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Mira[/name] [name]Valentina[/name]
[name]Mira[/name] [name]Elaine[/name]
[name]Mira[/name] [name]Gwendolyn[/name]
[name]Mira[/name] [name]Simone[/name]
[name]Mira[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Mira[/name] [name]Violet[/name]

I would say Meer-uh because that is how it is pronounced in Spanish. “[name]Mira[/name]” is the commad form of “to see” in Spanish, or “look!” in other words. If you want the my-rah pronounciation then you should spell it [name]Myra[/name] (I think [name]Myra[/name] is a real name).

I love the name [name]Mira[/name] on it’s own and as a nn for something like [name]Miranda[/name].

I think it would go well with a longer classic middle name or maybe a cute flower or nature name.
[name]Mira[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Mira[/name] [name]Isobelle[/name]/a
[name]Mira[/name] [name]Rose[/name]
[name]Mira[/name] [name]Rosemary[/name]
[name]Mira[/name] [name]Bay[/name]
[name]Mira[/name] [name]Sage[/name]

Wow Junebug’s Mum, Thanks, [name]Mira[/name] [name]Celeste[/name] is one of the top combos on my list already, so it’s nice to hear you mention it

JLM [name]Niamh[/name] is pronounced Neev like [name]Eve[/name] with an ‘N’

MollyK, we have lived in South [name]America[/name] for a year and speak a little bit of Spanish. It’s funny because it’s so hard to describe a sound with words. I am in Australia and even in Spanish I think of [name]Mira[/name] as having a shorter ‘Mi’ sound than Mee-rah but I think that’s because when Aussies draw a sound out, they really draw it out, if you kwim? More like Meeeeeeeeera!
Anyway, I really appreciate the feedback that someone familiar with the Spanish verb still likes [name]Mira[/name] as a name as that has concerned me a little…

I like the name [name]Mira[/name]- it’s v pretty!
I think of it as an [name]Indian[/name] name (being half [name]Indian[/name])- it is quite popular amogst Hindu families. However, it does have a v multicultural sound which means it could fit in anywhere.
Good luck :slight_smile:

I can’t make the distinction between the E sounds in ‘meer’ and mirror.