Mirabel or Mirabelle, which spelling do you prefer?

See the results of this poll: Mirabel vs. Mirabelle

Respondents: 24 (This poll is closed)

• Mirabel-- I think that it’s less frilly. Who needs extra letters?: 8 (33%)
  • Mirabel-- For some reason, I just prefer this spelling. Not sure why…: 1 (4%)
  • Mirabel-- I prefer this spelling for another reason. I’ll post why. : 3 (13%)
  • Mirabelle-- It’s so much girlier! : 6 (25%)
  • Mirabelle-- For some reason, I just prefer this spelling. Not sure why…: 4 (17%)
  • Mirabelle-- I prefer this spelling for another reason. I’ll post why. : 1 (4%)
  • No preference-- I love/like them both!: 1 (4%)
  • No preference-- I couldn’t care less! It’s just two letters, what’s the difference?: 0 (0%)
  • No preference-- They’re both horrible! Find another name!: 0 (0%)

This might be weird, because I strongly (really!) prefer [name]Annabel[/name] and [name]Isabel[/name] to [name]Annabelle[/name] and [name]Isabelle[/name], but I think [name]Mirabelle[/name] looks better than [name]Mirabel[/name]. Now, I wouldn’t say that I feel as strongly about [name]Mirabelle[/name] vs. [name]Mirabel[/name] as I do [name]Isabel[/name] and [name]Annabel[/name] (for whatever reason), but I do prefer the [name]Mirabelle[/name] spelling. For me, the [name]Mira[/name]- beginning isn’t too fussy to start with; rather, its spunky, fresh, playful, and elegant. Thus, the addition of the -belle ending doesn’t feel like too much girl power, or whatever you want to call it. I also think it is kind of cool that there is a [name]Mirabelle[/name] plum - they are yellow and particularly delicious!

Oh, and I love the name. Perfect balance of feminine charm and substance. I wouldn’t pair it with anything too fussy, though, just to be sure. [name]Do[/name] you have an idea for her middle name? [name]Mirabelle[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] is beautiful, I think…

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

Thanks, [name]Lemon[/name]! Yeah, I also prefer [name]Annabel[/name] and [name]Isabel[/name] to [name]Annabelle[/name] and [name]Isabelle[/name]… To me, [name]Mirabelle[/name] only looks more feminine, and only by a bit.

Also, if I used [name]Mirabel[/name], do you think people would spell it [name]Mirabelle[/name] (and vice versa)? Or is the name uncommon enough so that they would just spell it how I did…?

I’m glad you like the name! Actually, I was toying with the idea of [name]Mirabel[/name]/le as a middle name, though it’s really been growing on me as a first. [name]Mirabelle[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] is gorgeous! Any ideas for a second middle name, or two middle names for [name]Mirabel[/name]/le? Oh, and I’m not naming a daughter or anything, so the flow with the last name doesn’t really matter to me right now…

I personally prefer [name]Mirabel[/name] as it looks less frilly to me, just as I prefer [name]Isabel[/name] and [name]Annabel[/name] to [name]Isabelle[/name] and [name]Annabelle[/name]. However, probably as it is a more uncommon name, it doesn’t feel like the extra letters are totally superfluous, like the extra [name]LE[/name] in [name]Isabelle[/name] is to me.

So, in short, I prefer [name]Mirabel[/name], but I still like [name]Mirabelle[/name]. The name has a very pretty sound - I think it would be a great choice.

Good luck! [name]Auburn[/name]