Miranda, Brunilde, Dora

Miranda: I like it because it reminds me of a storm in a painting of the 17th century, in a castle on a rock where the sea waves of the ocean are black and blue and reach it.
Adelina / Adela “Ada”: I like the meaning and it also reminds me of the colour orange, red and green and feel quiet an old name yet particular and youthful nowadays. Ada is a reminding to Ada Lovelace for a nickname.
Menta: I used to think this is too much because it means “mint” in my language, but I have heard of many old ladies in my city named this and also it was the name of a nymph in the Greek mythology which was related to Hades and the underword, and it has an old yet bohémien artistic vibe. Also classic and mythological. It reminds me of those natural names like Garance, Angélique used during French Revolution too.
Brunilde “Nilde”: It is the name of a warrior queen Brunhild and Brunilde is the Italian form. I like Nilde as a nickname, it feels very artsy and bohémien yet with a studious and intelligent academic vibe. I like the meaning.
Dora: I like the meaning. It also feels a very open and sunny name without being too sunny and is reserved and elegant.
Bluma: Means flower, a name of strong personality! Old but not sweetly vintage, more like with personality. Reminds me of the dark blue, symbol also of calmness yet liberty.
Elisabeth: It reminds me of the Kaiserin Elisabeth of Vienna, which reminds me of Vienna, one of my favourite cities, and so reminds me of the carriages and the art and the classical music and the calm atmosphere, but Elisabeth is universal enough and also feels strong, full of personality, without anyone to limit her, a name of a free bird
Minerva : The name of the Goddess of Wisdom and war, hoping a good mind and a courageous heart. Petra: A beautiful German name that works in many languages, and it means stone, hoping determination and courage
Allegra: In Italian it means happiness and it is a somehow artsy yet never passé name, very beautifully joyful as the meaning suggests, poetic
Zelda: Zelda is a name that has the same meaning of Allegra and feels lively and strong
Emilia / Emilie: Besides the meaning, it can be balanced with another type of middle with a different meaning. It feels soft yet strong, musical. Reminds me of the 18th century
Florence “Flora” / Flora: Full of romanticism and joy, reminds me of Florence Nightingale but also hoping for a flourishing life.

I am asking for:

What do you think of these individual names? All of them or just the ones you like the most.

What would the overall vibe of these names be?

Please add one name to this list.

[name_f]Miranda[/name_f]: lovely Shakespearean classic
[name_f]Adelina[/name_f] / [name_f]Adela[/name_f] “Ada”: [name_f]Adela[/name_f] is gorgeous! [name_f]Ada[/name_f] is cute but I know so many. [name_f]Adelina[/name_f] is a bit too flowery for me.
[name_f]Menta[/name_f]: I like this as a nn but spelled [name_f]Minta[/name_f], for [name_f]Araminta[/name_f]. [name_u]Or[/name_u] [name_f]Minty[/name_f] would be cute.
[name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f]: lovely variation of [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Allegra[/name_f]: gorgeous! and I love the musical association
[name_f]Zelda[/name_f]: such a cool and spunky name but still classic
[name_f]Emilia[/name_f] / [name_f]Emilie[/name_f]: These are very sweet and pretty but extremely popular regardless of spelling.
[name_u]Florence[/name_u] “Flora” / [name_f]Flora[/name_f]: [name_u]Florence[/name_u] is one of my new favorites. I’ve never had it on my list because it’s the name of my hometown but I’ve deemed that not a dealbreaker. It is a beautiful classic, sweetly vintage, delicate but strong name. I prefer [name_u]Florence[/name_u] to [name_f]Flora[/name_f] but [name_f]Flora[/name_f] is cute as well.

One more name:
[name_f]Eloise[/name_f]

[name_f]Miranda[/name_f] – feels vaguely 90s, but also still fresh due to the Shakespearian connection.

[name_f]Adelina[/name_f] / [name_f]Adela[/name_f] “Ada” – I don’t love [name_f]Adelina[/name_f] as it’s a bit too frilly for me, but [name_f]Adela[/name_f] is so pretty!

[name_f]Menta[/name_f] – the mythological connection is nice, but it’s rather “mental” for me.

Brunilde “Nilde” – clunky, but I like it!

[name_f]Dora[/name_f] – …the [name_u]Explorer[/name_u]. But it has grown on me over the years. I agree it feels sunny!

[name_f]Bluma[/name_f] – Nice. I don’t love it, but it could grow on me.

[name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] – [name_u]Love[/name_u]! I like how European this spelling is, too.

[name_f]Minerva[/name_f] – I like it in theory, but I can never decide how I feel about the actual sounds. Probably sounds better in non-American accents, ha!

[name_f]Petra[/name_f] – One of my all-time favorites! I love the connection the ancient city.

[name_f]Allegra[/name_f] – Probably unusable where I am due to a pharmaceutical connection, but I love it for others!

[name_f]Zelda[/name_f] – very roaring 20s, [name_f]Zelda[/name_f] Fitzgerald-esque. Fun name!

[name_f]Emilia[/name_f] / [name_f]Emilie[/name_f] – Both are nice, though I’m kind of over the sounds these days (Amelia is super popular where I am). That said, they’re popular for a reason!

[name_u]Florence[/name_u] “Flora” / [name_f]Flora[/name_f] – I like both, though [name_f]Flora[/name_f] has never made sense as a nickname for [name_u]Florence[/name_u] to me.

Overall vibe: established, European princesss, literary

I’d add [name_f]Araminta[/name_f].

What do you think of these individual names?

[name_f]Miranda[/name_f]: [name_f]Miranda[/name_f] does have a very ‘ocean-painting’ vibe, I think for me, because of The [name_u]Tempest[/name_u] association. It feels musical, bright and cool! It’s got two literary associations for me too which I like!

[name_f]Adelina[/name_f] / [name_f]Adela[/name_f] “Ada”: [name_f]Adelina[/name_f] is light, sweet, and pretty; [name_f]Adela[/name_f] feels similar but warmer, sunnier! [name_f]Ada[/name_f] adds vintage charm, but strength too!

[name_f]Menta[/name_f]: it might be a language thing, but here it reminds me of methanol, Mentos, mental, menthol etc. Outside of that, with your associations, it’s kind of clunky cute, but sparkly? I’m thinking it could have similar vibes to [name_f]Araminta[/name_f]

Brunilde “Nilde”: Brunilde is so strong and powerful, but you’re right, Nilde feels so arty! It’s got an imaginative, adventurous, and creative vibe!

[name_f]Dora[/name_f]: [name_f]Dora[/name_f] is sweet but strong, cosy but substantial; it’s got a literary feel to it and I like how it looks

[name_f]Bluma[/name_f]: it does feel full of character! It gives me imagery of bluebell woods

[name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f]: it feels solid and international, but doesn’t quite sparkle like the others (maybe due to the popularity of [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] where I am)

[name_f]Minerva[/name_f] : It does feel like such a powerful and wise name

[name_f]Petra[/name_f]: distinctive, stylish and cool!

[name_f]Allegra[/name_f]: it does feel sparkly, musical and distinctive - I like it!

[name_f]Zelda[/name_f]: strong and mystical, with both a slightly witchy feel and a 1920s vibe

[name_f]Emilia[/name_f] / [name_f]Emilie[/name_f]: light and bright - I like them but I’ve met quite a lot of Emilies/Emilias and they remind me of [name_f]Amelia[/name_f]

[name_u]Florence[/name_u] “Flora” / [name_f]Flora[/name_f]: [name_u]Florence[/name_u] gives understated elegance and style, [name_f]Flora[/name_f] feels strong and courageous with historical vibes!

What would the overall vibe of these names be?

Historical, European, literary and arty

Please add one name to this list.

[name_f]Antonia[/name_f] or [name_f]Constanza[/name_f]

[name_f]Miranda[/name_f]: It does remind me of The [name_u]Tempest[/name_u]- so your stormy ocean, wild description fits her well! Not my favourite name though- it sounds a little 80s to me and unfortunately that overpowers the [name_m]Shakespeare[/name_m] link! [name_f]Miranda[/name_f] is a dark purple colour. :flat_shoe: :shopping: :ocean:

Adelina/Adela “Ada”: She sounds a little too close to popular names for my taste (I just feel like I know so many Adeline’s, Madeline’s, Adrianna’s, Ava’s and Adele’s that she’s a bit underwhelming. However, I totally see that appeal as [name_f]Ada[/name_f] is so spunky and bright! I think [name_f]Adela[/name_f] “Ada” Is my favourite. Her colours are tones of maroon and brick red! :rose: :memo: :high_heel:

[name_f]Menta[/name_f]: I do think of “mint” as this means mint in Spanish…But not really a bad thing! I think she sounds fresh, bright, herbal, pensive sound! I would picture a [name_f]Menta[/name_f] to be thoughtful, a little shy, and creative! She is a lovely tone of grey-lavender. :leaves: :art: :bouquet:

Brunilde “Nilde”: Cool, strong, artsy, passionate, I really like her! Nilde is adorable, and I think that the meaning adds to her tough feel. Total warrior queen name for sure! :crossed_swords: :evergreen_tree: :wolf:

[name_f]Dora[/name_f]: Oh, I just love [name_f]Dora[/name_f]! I think of [name_f]Dora[/name_f] from [name_u]David[/name_u] Copperfield! [name_m]Just[/name_m] the sweetest, softest, cosiest, most elegant name. Flowery, and I would picture a [name_f]Dora[/name_f] to be honest, loving, and plain adorable! :ballet_shoes: :ribbon: :notes:

[name_f]Bluma[/name_f]: Again, love. I love her botanical connection, how she feels unique, imaginative, and slightly vintage. She reminds me of dried flowers, wild gardens, books, storms, and heather! She’s a greyish blue colour, like rain clouds and shells. :butterfly: :nest_with_eggs: :open_book:

[name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f]: [name_m]Classic[/name_m] and elegant, you cannot go wrong. I think of [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] [name_u]Bennett[/name_u] from Pride and Prejudice, someone with a fiery, bold personality- yet a reserved grace and politeness too. She’s a peacemaker, but also not afraid to stand her ground. Bookish, outdoorsey, timeless, and sweet. :open_book: :dove: :cake:

[name_f]Minerva[/name_f]: Academic vibes… [name_u]Wise[/name_u], strong, literary and studious. I like her- as she feels deep and contemplative. She has a dark, royal purple colouring. :owl: :grapes: :classical_building:

[name_f]Petra[/name_f]: Quirky, vivacious, powerful, and headstrong! I adore [name_f]Petra[/name_f]! I like how she feels rare but also familiar, her meaning, and her forest green colour! :mountain: :spider_web: :deciduous_tree:

[name_f]Allegra[/name_f]: [name_f]Gorgeous[/name_f]- she means happy in Spanish as well. Bouncy, exuberant, and effervecent. Someone who is always kind, always smiling, and always energetic- a life giving force. I like her connection to music also, she sounds like on orchestra of violins reaching a crescendo! :sunny: :violin: :sunflower:

[name_f]Zelda[/name_f]: A little bit of a witchy, Halloween feel with [name_f]Zelda[/name_f]. I would imagine her to be an interesting person with a large vocabulary, someone who paints, and who has a terrific sense of sarcastic humour. She’s a sharp silver colour. :bat: :mirror_ball: :chess_pawn:

Emilia/Emilie: I like [name_f]Emily[/name_f] better then both of these, but if I had to chose between them, [name_f]Emilie[/name_f] is my favourite. However, these names are both too popular for me. I know three little Emilia’s, and two my age. Kind of a soft, pale, sweet name, but she doesn’t spring out to me. :dolphin: :roller_skate: :anchor:

[name_u]Florence[/name_u] "Flora: Elegant and flowery- she is indeed a flourishing name, and I love that about her. [name_u]Florence[/name_u] can be dignified, pretty, and graceful, [name_f]Flora[/name_f] can be a bit more sweet and playful! :cherry_blossom: :croissant: :tulip:

The overall vibe strikes me as names with backbone- these are all strong, literary, eccentric, slightly stubborn but alluring names. Artsy, old-soul, international, and flowery names!

I would add…(Hard to pick!) Either [name_f]Julia[/name_f] or [name_f]Antonia[/name_f]. [name_f]Julia[/name_f] matches because of her spunk and grace, and her ability to work in so many languages, and [name_f]Antonia[/name_f] because of her historical, literary feel!