MMM initials- too much?

We’ve chosen the first name [name_f]Mairead[/name_f] for a girl and our last name is a 2 syllable Mc- name. Middle names have been causing us lots of trouble, as our favorite, [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], is unusable because it’s my new niece’s middle name. We’ve fallen in love with [name_f]Matilda[/name_f], though, which would leave us with the MMM initials- [name_f]Mairead[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] Mc-. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you all think that’s just way too many M’s? Any advice or additional suggestions are very much welcome! Thanks!

I personally think that it may be too many M’s and it sounds too matchy imo. But if it is what you like, than I say go for it. Maybe you could choose [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] as the middle name since it is close to [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] but is not the same name. [name_f]Mairead[/name_f] [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] Mc_ would be pretty.

[name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] is a good idea, or [name_f]Violet[/name_f]. Or another old fashioned name like [name_f]Matilda[/name_f]- [name_f]Harriet[/name_f], [name_f]Agnes[/name_f], [name_f]Elinor[/name_f], [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]. [name_f]Mairead[/name_f] [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] is pretty! MMM is a lot of M’s.

3 Ms are a little too much. What about [name_f]Jessica[/name_f], [name_f]Cate[/name_f], [name_f]Elisa[/name_f], [name_f]Alice[/name_f] or [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]?

[name_f]Mairead[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] Mc__.
That really is a lot of M’s. Here are some middle name ideas that begin with different letters:
[name_f]Mairead[/name_f] [name_f]Jezebel[/name_f]
[name_f]Mairead[/name_f] [name_f]Fiona[/name_f]
[name_f]Mairead[/name_f] [name_f]Delilah[/name_f]
[name_f]Mairead[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Mairead[/name_f] [name_f]Xanthia[/name_f]
[name_f]Mairead[/name_f] [name_f]Serafina[/name_f]
[name_f]Mairead[/name_f] [name_f]Annabeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Mairead[/name_f] Rosalynn

I don’t think 3 M’s is necessarily a problem but it’s def too much for my taste. I do love the name [name_f]Mairead[/name_f]! I also love the name [name_f]Matilda[/name_f]! I am not sure I like how they flow together exactly, but if it doesn’t bother you then it’s not a huge deal. I think it’d be bad if the initials were WWW or something haha but MMM doesn’t really mean anything so personal choice I guess!

I think three M’s is a little too much, for my taste anyway.

I don’t see anything very wrong with it. As long as it’s not KKK or something, I think it’s okay.

There’s a woman at my church with MMM initials and my whole family thinks it’s awesome. [name_f]Mairead[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] is a very pretty combination, so if you love it, go for it. MMM has nothing but good connotations.

Middle names aren’t used in everyday life, so I think it would be fine - [name_f]Mairead[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] is lovely. Good luck!

I think it is pretty cool. I know a girl who is BBB. We laugh at it but its not a problem. You would get some frowns though.

I think MMM are fun initials! I think the alliterative first letter works in this case, because the rest of each name differs significantly in sound.

I imagine: [name_f]Mairead[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_m]McArthur[/name_m]. I think it works.

However…if it bothers you, keep looking!

I personally wouldn’t unless they were my absolute favourite names ever, but I think it could work and wouldn’t mind seeing it on someone else. The author of Gone With the Wind had MMM initials (with both her maiden and married name)- [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] Munnerlyn [name_m]Mitchell[/name_m], married name [name_u]Marsh[/name_u]- though she didn’t use her middle. Your daughter doesn’t have to use the middle if she didn’t want to- I know many people who don’t and when I give mine it’s usually optional. And [name_f]Mairead[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] is beautiful. I also like [name_f]Mairead[/name_f] [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] as a PP suggested, or [name_f]Mairead[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f].

But is it really the end of the world if your daughter and niece share a middle? Some would be totally against it, but some wouldn’t mind at all- ask your niece’s parents if they would. My sister and cousin have the same middle name (albeit spelled differently) and I’m not sure if anyone even remembers except me- and only because I’m interested in names.

I think the 3 M’s are kinda fun.
I would do it

Oh, I kind of like it actually.

I like it very much (but I have a [name_f]Bridget[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] so I’m biased). My friend’s daughter goes by [name_f]DeeDee[/name_f] as she is [name_f]Destiny[/name_f] [name_f]Denise[/name_f]; so be warned your [name_f]Mimi[/name_f] may turn into Eminem!

[name_f]Lovely[/name_f] name choices, especially [name_f]Mairead[/name_f].

I don’t mind it at all! [name_f]Mairead[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] is beautiful.
Also, have you thought of asking your niece’s parents if it is okay to use [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] as a mn for your daughter? (i.e in my family, all the girl cousins share the mn [name_f]Catherine[/name_f], and they all think it is pretty cool!)

I don’t see anything wrong with the initials. [name_m]Just[/name_m] because it’s all Ms, who cares?

I think it’s fine. The first & middle names feel dignified & serious enough to make the alliteration OK by me. I really only oppose alliteration if the names in question feel silly or cartoony to me, so as long as your surname doesn’t fit with that description I think that this works.

I don’t see anything wrong with it. The alliteration works for me in this particular case and no one is going to call her by her full name in daily life. The only issue I foresee is that the monogram is going to look a little odd #firstworldproblems