MN Options for River?

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] berries! I’m not currently expecting but my husband and I have started to bat some names about for when the time comes. One name I really like for a little boy is [name_u]River[/name_u]. However, I haven’t found many middle name options that I think pairs well with the name. DH and I both like the idea of using honor names for the middle spot but it is not a necessity. Some male honor names available to us are [name_m]David[/name_m], [name_m]Robert[/name_m], [name_m]Kent[/name_m], [name_m]Colin[/name_m], and [name_m]Rhodes[/name_m].

Out of those options, I think [name_u]River[/name_u] [name_m]Colin[/name_m] is a perfectly adequate name, but I get the feeling that something is missing from that combo. Good, but not quite perfect…

[name_m]Rhodes[/name_m] is my favorite honor name and I would love to use it. I think [name_u]River[/name_u] [name_m]Rhodes[/name_m] sounds really good! However I am hesitant to use it because our last name starts with an “S” and ends with an “S”. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you think [name_u]River[/name_u] [name_m]Rhodes[/name_m] S____S is too hissy?

What are your opinions? [name_f]Do[/name_f] you think any of the ‘honor’ names sound good with [name_u]River[/name_u]? What other combinations do you like with the name?

Thanks in advance!

I think [name_u]River[/name_u] [name_m]Rhodes[/name_m] is awesome! And I don’t think it’s too hissy. Also, it wouldn’t be a huge issue if it was, since the middle name isn’t used constantly like the first and last name.
Maybe you could consider using a variation of one of the names you listed as honor names. You could use [name_m]Dawson[/name_m] for example, which is Welsh and means ‘son of [name_m]David[/name_m]’. This would work especially well if [name_m]David[/name_m] was after a grandfather.

I think [name_u]River[/name_u] [name_m]Rhodes[/name_m] is so handsome!! [name_u]River[/name_u] [name_m]Robert[/name_m] is nice too!

[name_u]River[/name_u] [name_u]Jude[/name_u]
[name_u]River[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_u]River[/name_u] [name_m]Wyatt[/name_m]
[name_u]River[/name_u] [name_m]Benedict[/name_m]
[name_u]River[/name_u] [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m]

[name_u]River[/name_u] is such a great name!

I think [name_u]River[/name_u] [name_m]Rhodes[/name_m] sounds fine. The flow of the first and last name together is far more important imo.

Thanks for the reassurance about [name_m]Rhodes[/name_m]! I think I just needed to hear the flow with the last name isn’t a big deal. I also like the sound of [name_u]River[/name_u] [name_m]Dawson[/name_m] and [name_u]River[/name_u] [name_m]Wyatt[/name_m]! But I really love [name_m]Rhodes[/name_m] :wink: