Modern variants for Marcia

We would love to honor my husbands grandmother, named [name]Marcia[/name] (pronounced [name]Marsha[/name]) but the name as it is feels so dated…thoughts on a modern twist, maybe for a MN? Any help is appreciated!!!

I agree… “[name]Marsha[/name]” is not great.

Names that are similar that are very pretty (well I like them) are:
[name]Marisa[/name]
[name]Marcell[/name]
[name]Maricel[/name]
[name]Mara[/name]
[name]Marcheline[/name]

I like [name]Maricel[/name] the best and [name]Marisa[/name] would be really cute on a little girl… If these are too far off from the original then yea, it might be a good idea just to use it for the Middle name. What was [name]Marcia[/name]'s middle name?

Cheers,

[name]Beth[/name] [name]Ashley[/name]

[name]Marcel[/name] is kind of amazing for a boy, actually…but yeah, these are great! Middle was [name]Elizabeth[/name], which we have a LOT in our extended family. [name]Mara[/name]'s pretty, too. Thank you!

Any name starting in [name]Mar[/name]- could work to honor a [name]Marcia[/name]:
[name]Marcy[/name]
[name]Maris[/name]
[name]Maren[/name]
[name]Marcella[/name]
[name]Marley[/name]

It just depends on your personal style. You have a ton of great options! Good luck!

I think that [name]Marcy[/name] is the easiest way to modernize [name]Marcia[/name]. [name]Maren[/name], [name]Marcella[/name], or [name]Mara[/name] are great too!

I really like [name]Marisa[/name], or [name]Mara[/name]. (Oh, and I do really love [name]Marin[/name] with this spelling)