Molly, Maeve and...

We are looking for a good sister name for [name]Molly[/name] and [name]Maeve[/name]. We like Irish/Celtic names but it isn’t a deal breaker if we find a perfect fit that isn’t. Also, the name doesn’t necessarily have to start with a M.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

A sister to [name]Molly[/name] and [name]Mave[/name]…

[name]Emma[/name]
[name]Grace[/name]
[name]Erin[/name]
[name]Cara[/name]
[name]Nola[/name]
[name]Leah[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name]

[name]Molly[/name], [name]Maeve[/name] and sister…
[name]Lucy[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Nola[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Brynn[/name]
[name]Meara[/name]
[name]Morna[/name]
[name]Morrigan[/name]
[name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Sadie[/name]
[name]Bridget[/name]
[name]Coralie[/name]
[name]Sophie[/name]
[name]Ellery[/name]
[name]Quinn[/name]
[name]Grania[/name]
[name]Roisin[/name]
[name]Isla[/name]
[name]Catriona[/name]
[name]Ailis[/name]
Ebrill / [name]April[/name]
[name]Fern[/name]
[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Laurel[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Lily[/name]
[name]Bronwen[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Arden[/name]
[name]Meredith[/name]
[name]Darcy[/name]
[name]Juno[/name]
[name]Clover[/name]
[name]Shea[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Ailsa[/name]
[name]Naomi[/name]
[name]Bethany[/name]
[name]Sloane[/name]
[name]Delaney[/name]
[name]Opal[/name]
[name]Cecily[/name]
[name]Pippa[/name]
[name]Leonie[/name]
[name]Nadine[/name]
[name]Maxine[/name]
[name]Elise[/name]
[name]Lila[/name]
[name]Justine[/name]
[name]Sybil[/name]

[name]Molly[/name] and [name]Maeve[/name] – I’d love to know these little sisters with such charming names!

I’m of two minds about whether you should continue your M theme or break it while you still have a chance!

It would be very cute to have three little girls named [name]Molly[/name], [name]Maeve[/name], and…

[name]Mercy[/name]
[name]Marietta[/name]
[name]Miranda[/name]
[name]Magdalen[/name]
[name]Marguerite[/name]
[name]Mabel[/name]
[name]Madigan[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Manette[/name]
[name]Meara[/name]
[name]Mirabel[/name]
[name]Murphy[/name]

But yes, another Irish/Celtic name that doesn’t start with an M could be great too.

[name]Ailsa[/name]
[name]Bridget[/name]
[name]Ciara[/name]
[name]Darcy[/name]
[name]Keelin[/name]
[name]Quinn[/name]
[name]Talullah[/name]

Great suggestions so far! The one that first came to my head was [name]Morgana[/name].

Thanks for the great suggestions so far.

[name]Pam[/name]–to clarify and hopefully to help everyone’s responses and get a better sense of our naming style. We have a [name]Molly[/name] 0livia who will be a big sister any day now. We are having twins (gender a suprise). [name]Maeve[/name] is our favorite girl choice. We are thinking [name]Maeve[/name] M@rgaret. If they are b/g twins–we like [name]Declan[/name] Anders0n and [name]Maeve[/name] M@rgaret. If they are B/B twins–[name]Declan[/name] [name]Rhys[/name] and [name]Kieran[/name] Anders0n. Would love your thoughts on all these names. Basically, our naming “style” seems to be Irish first name paired with English middle name.

You are also right with the M theme. It’s just a coincidence that [name]Molly[/name] and [name]Maeve[/name] start with the same letter rather than intentional. We just think [name]Maeve[/name] and [name]Molly[/name] sound darling together. If we name two girls with M names will we need to name a third girl an M name? I’m not sure.

I don’t think that you need to stay with an M name even if you have a [name]Molly[/name] and a [name]Maeve[/name]. I love [name]Maeve[/name] [name]Margaret[/name]! I also love your boys names. Some suggestions for girls names:

[name]Rhiannon[/name] (my favorite)
[name]Siobhan[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Clare[/name]
[name]Kiera[/name]/[name]Kira[/name]/[name]Keira[/name]

Congratulations!

Such cute sisters!

First names that came to mind were…

[name]Margo[/name] and [name]Flora[/name].

I don’t think you need to stick with the theme at all. [name]Declan[/name] and [name]Kieran[/name] are fantastic picks. [name]How[/name] do you feel about [name]Ciara[/name]? Would rule out [name]Kieran[/name] forever, but I feel like it fits. [name]How[/name] do you feel about the spellings of the names? Would something like [name]Niamh[/name] be too Irish for you? (I ask because I notice you used [name]Kieran[/name] not [name]Ciaran[/name]) Some other short Celtic names (and some others):
[name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Anna[/name]
[name]Bridget[/name] / [name]Brigid[/name]
[name]Cara[/name]
[name]Dara[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name]
[name]Maura[/name]
[name]Moira[/name] (if you do decide to stick with the M thing)
[name]Nora[/name]
[name]Oona[/name]
[name]Orla[/name]
[name]Rose[/name]
[name]Sadie[/name]

The first name that popped into my mind was [name]Carys[/name].

I like [name]Moira[/name], myself. If you have a [name]Molly[/name] and [name]Maeve[/name], you already have a 5 letter M Celtic theme going :slight_smile:

I was just about to say [name]Moira[/name]. I like it, but it’s usually too out there for people, but it’s just perfect for you! [name]Molly[/name], [name]Maeve[/name], and [name]Moira[/name] are perfect. Are you going to have any more kids after these two? If so, I don’t mind breaking the M thing since it’ll be two with and two without, but if you’re done after this, I think both twins should have an M name to go with their big sister.

[name]LOVE[/name] [name]Molly[/name], [name]Maeve[/name]. and [name]Morgana[/name]! ! So perfect imo :slight_smile:

Thanks for all the suggestions!

[name]Ciara[/name] might be a possiblity since we like [name]Kieran[/name]. [name]Moira[/name] is also a contender. I like [name]Niamh[/name] but I’m not sure if the spelling is too difficult Also I’m not sure whether it sounds too much like [name]Maeve[/name], especially as a twin sister. I need to print out the name list and share with DH.

I don’t want to rule out names with more difficult Gaelic spelling but worry that if you name your little one something like [name]Siobhan[/name], she might spend her lifetime correcting people on how to pronounce and spell her name. Thus, [name]Kieran[/name] for a boy seems easier for people to pronounce than the Irish Gaelic spelling of the name.

Before this pregnancy, we planned on having 3 children so I’m pretty sure that 3 will make our family complete. So I’m not too worried about using M names for 2 more girls but who knows. If one day we decide to have #4 we may be boxing ourselves in a corner using all M names.

Please keep the good ideas coming…Thanks!

[name]Molly[/name], [name]Maeve[/name] and…

[name]Claire[/name] ([name]Claire[/name] [name]Catherine[/name], maybe?)

[name]Molly[/name], [name]Maeve[/name] and:
[name]Niamh[/name]
[name]Saoirse[/name]
[name]Catey[/name]
[name]Cerys[/name]
[name]Orla[/name]
[name]Ciara[/name]

I have grown up in a very Irish area (in [name]America[/name]), so names like [name]Siobhan[/name], [name]Sinead[/name], [name]Eoin[/name], [name]Oisin[/name], etc. have never garnered a second glance from me. Something I tend to forget. [name]Glad[/name] to hear you are open to more Gaelic spellings though. I do think [name]Niamh[/name] is a bit to close to [name]Maeve[/name], it was just the first name that popped into my head for an example (although it is a fantastic). I think [name]Molly[/name], [name]Maeve[/name] and [name]Moira[/name] would make fantastic sisters. Personally I have been loving [name]Mercy[/name] lately and think that could work well as well: [name]Molly[/name], [name]Maeve[/name] and [name]Mercy[/name].