Morgan Nicknames

I’m not expecting any time soon, but I love the name [name]Morgan[/name]. Problem is I love names that have a lot of nickname potential. [name]Do[/name] you think [name]Margo[/name] would work for [name]Morgan[/name]? Or can you think of any other nicknames other than Mor or Morg?

[name]Mo[/name]… I don’t really see [name]Margo[/name] for [name]Morgan[/name].

[name]Mo[/name] Morg Morgie

[name]Annie[/name]…maybe? I think [name]Morgan[/name] is short enough as it is, really no obvious nicknames!

I really like [name]Mo[/name], I never thought of that one, or [name]Annie[/name]. They’re both cute!

[name]Morie[/name]…we are considering [name]Morgan[/name] too and this is the nn I came up with.

I could see [name]Ann[/name] as a nn for [name]Morgan[/name]. I went to school with a number of Morgans and none of them had a nn related to their name. I think it’s unfortunately one of those names that is hard to find a nn for. It is however a beautiful name.

Wolfy? (this has absolutely no ties to [name]Morgan[/name], but [name]Morgan[/name] always had a canine feel to me, that Wolfy almost sounds appropriate).
[name]Morgan[/name] has scarce, almost empty resources in nns. They all just don’t feel that „right“. All I could think of was Momo and Oggie.

I think you could use [name]Margo[/name], but might have trouble enforcing it cause it’s not that intuitive and it is it’s own separate name. I think [name]Mora[/name] could work and I like it better than Morg. I just met a newborn [name]Morgan[/name] the other day!

[name]Orie[/name] would work. Maybe [name]Ora[/name]. I like just plain Ore but it sounds like a word. I think you could use [name]Margo[/name]…just a little it of a stretch. Rearrange the letters a little:). [name]Hope[/name] you find a nickname you love!!

I worked with a [name_u]Morgan[/name_u] (male) his nickname was Big M ( small organ lol)

Morgan is two syllables. If you feel the need to nickname something so short with no obvious nicknames, perhaps it’s not the right choice for you.

[name_u]Min[/name_u] would be the nickname probably

I’m a [name_u]Morgan[/name_u]. My boyfriend calls me [name_u]Mo[/name_u], and sometimes I get Morgie or Morg from people. I don’t really love any of the nicknames, but I don’t hate them. I would never introduce myself as any of the potential [name_u]Morgan[/name_u] nicknames though, nor would I say that you should expect them to stick.

I agree that it’s one of those names that just doesn’t come with much nn potential. If you chose a careful middle you could get around it that way- maybe [name_u]Morgan[/name_u] [name_f]Mae[/name_f], [name_f]Maris[/name_f], [name_f]Maeve[/name_f], etc and go with [name_f]Mimi[/name_f].

I can’t think of any nicknames for [name_u]Morgan[/name_u] but for names that I like that don’t have obvious or nice nicknames I like the idea of using the sounds of the initials to make a nick name for example I have Esme Delilah nn [name_f]Edie[/name_f]
So how about:

[name_u]Morgan[/name_u] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]/ [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]/[name_f]Elise[/name_f] … M E nn [name_f]Emmie[/name_f]

[name_u]Morgan[/name_u] [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] [name_f]Eve[/name_f] nn [name_f]MAE[/name_f]

[name_u]Morgan[/name_u] [name_f]Isobel[/name_f]… MI nn [name_f]Mimi[/name_f]

[name_u]Morgan[/name_u] [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f] nn [name_f]MIA[/name_f]

There are probably lots of other options if this idea appeals?

I knew a [name_u]Morgan[/name_u] who went by [name_f]Meg[/name_f].

[name_u]Morgan[/name_u] is a type of horse, so you might consider something something in that direction: [name_m]Colt[/name_m], Pony, Cowgirl, [name_m]Bronco[/name_m], Filly, [name_m]Rider[/name_m], [name_u]Destry[/name_u] (means warhorse), [name_f]Philippa[/name_f]/[name_f]Pippa[/name_f]/[name_m]Pip[/name_m] (means lovers of horses).

For some unusual nickname possibilities, you could try [name_f]Mona[/name_f], or Ganna.