Morning sickness remedies?

I am currently 10 weeks pregnant and I have been suffering really bad over the past week with terrible morning sickness (all day - I really don’t understand why it is called morning sickness when it occurs all day long). I have been super nausea and have lots of acid reflux and have vomited so many times that my throat is so sore and I feel so weak and I am finding it difficult to keep down food.

But I am finding it incredibly hard because since Friday I have barely kept down any food and I am finding it difficult to function normally anf to look after [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f]; my mum does come around to help, thank goodness. I have only managed to keep half a slice of toast down today and I have been sipping on water and electrolytes drinks but I am also scared of it having an impact on my milk supply because I am still breastfeeding. I have tried some ginger tea and ginger biscuits but it has been making my throat even more sore.

I am going to ring my GP first thing in the morning and book an emergency appointment to see him straight away but I am barely getting any sleep what with the nausea and sickness but also because [name_f]Tibby[/name_f] is just getting over a mild cold and is very fussy and only wants me and scream bloody murder if anybody other than me picks her ups or tries to soothe her.

Any recommendations for what to do? I am rather desperate.

Thanks and sorry for the rant as I am very sleep deprived and hungry.

Diclectin/ whatever it is in your country. I think in the States it’s Diclegis, and I’m not sure what it is elsewhere.
No sense suffering, in my opinion.
I am 26 weeks and still on it :confused:

I didn’t find I could control my nausea or vomiting with home remedies at all, but everyone’s different. I try really hard not to let myself get too hungry, but that’s about all that has made an impact apart from the pills. On extremely bad days, I eat only ice and saltines, and drink red Powerade (it has vitamin B6 in it)
I luckily haven’t had any reflux but I’ve heard from friends that heartburn can make you feel so sick as well.

I’ve head people in the States take Unisom and vitamin B6, which is basically what diclectin is. I’m not sure how much to take, though. You could always ask a pharmacist and see what they recommend.

[name_m]Feel[/name_m] better soon!

I second Diclectin. I didn’t have vomiting with my morning sickness but I was so nauseous I had trouble looking after [name_u]Finn[/name_u] while pregnant with [name_m]Leo[/name_m]. Diclectin made a huge difference.

Also, snacking worked well for me. Never let yourself be hungry. I would eat crackers, dry cereal, and granola bars throughout the day in between meals. Mornings were worse for me because I would wake up hungry. So try something not too heavy.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] it passes soon!

I took boatloads of Zofran.

Thank you for all of your advice! I was sent to the hospital by my GP and I stayed overnight for for IV fluids and I have been put on Pyridoxine and I am home now. I have managed to eat some plain pasta with a little butter and I also had a banana smoothie. Fingers crossed that I can keep it down.

I used to have barley sugar boiled sweets to help with the nausea. My mother swore by them and I found them much more helpful than ginger.

I survived on crackers, ryvitas and ginger tea in the morning. I was usually fine by lunch time. Take little nibbles every fifteen minutes. I found it was worse if i didn’t eat anything at all.

I agree snacking helps a lot! I usually drink lemon water or lemon juice to fight nausea but I guess it won’t do much if you have a really bad case of morning sickness. I hope you feel better soon!

I dont feel nauseous per se. I have a really painful stomach. Like a strong pain as if i haven’t eaten in too long. Eating doesn’t help, neither does tums.
I assume this is acid.
It sucks!