Moses or Moshe

Repeat post in sibling names…

Playing around with tons of names, and don’t know if I like [name_m]Moshe[/name_m] or [name_m]Moses[/name_m] best.

First name will be [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u] (yes, I’m still mulling over things, if you recognize me, ha)…

[name_m]Moses[/name_m] actually fits the vibe and theme of big brothers
[name_m]Job[/name_m] ([name_u]Joby[/name_u]) [name_m]Marcellus[/name_m] &
[name_m]Boaz[/name_m] ([name_u]Bo[/name_u]) [name_m]Apollos[/name_m] &

[name_u]Shiloh[/name_u] [name_m]Moses[/name_m]

I don’t know why I never considered it before although I can see it’s not wildly popular (ha, most our top names are not…) but the more I think of the meaning (Savior) paired with [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u] (the one who will be sent/peace)…the more it all fits. But I’m also digging the [name_m]Moshe[/name_m] version.

Anyone think one fits better than the other?

[name_u]Shiloh[/name_u] [name_m]Moses[/name_m] vs. [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u] [name_m]Moshe[/name_m]

I would personally do [name_m]Moses[/name_m] [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u]. [name_m]Moses[/name_m] (or [name_m]Moshe[/name_m]) is an Old Testament figure like [name_m]Job[/name_m] and [name_m]Boaz[/name_m]. [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u] is (arguably) a title rather than a name. [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u] referenced in [name_u]Genesis[/name_u] is a prophetic reference to [name_m]Jesus[/name_m] as the one who is sent.

The middle names, [name_m]Marcellus[/name_m] and [name_m]Apollos[/name_m], are [name_m]New[/name_m] Testament names. If you want to continue your (possibly unintentional) theme of OT first names and NT middle names, [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u] would work, since “the one who was sent” ([name_m]Jesus[/name_m]) appears physically on the [name_m]New[/name_m] Testament.

I like [name_m]Moses[/name_m] over [name_m]Moshe[/name_m] because [name_m]Moses[/name_m] is more familiar to me and I’m still not 100% sure how to pronounce [name_m]Moshe[/name_m].

Also, [name_u]Bo[/name_u] as a nickname for [name_m]Boaz[/name_m] is maybe my favorite thing ever. So cute!

Yes def these are biblical names chosen that way on purpose! I agree [name_m]Moses[/name_m] [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u] sounds great, but I think DH wants [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u] first, and I like it too. But def something to consider, thanks!

Thanks for input on [name_m]Moses[/name_m]. Also agree FN [name_m]Moses[/name_m] matches the understated faithfulness of [name_m]Job[/name_m] and [name_m]Boaz[/name_m], but I really love it both ways!

I’m wondering what nicknames you’d use for [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u], since you list [name_u]Bo[/name_u] and [name_u]Joby[/name_u]. Would you use Shi/Shy?

Yes we’re thinking Shi. That’s another reason I slightly hesitate to use [name_m]Moses[/name_m] as FN… [name_u]Bo[/name_u] and [name_m]Moe[/name_m] would inevitably happen. ”*:female_sign:

I prefer [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u] [name_m]Moses[/name_m], it’s a very handsome combo.

Thank you! I love the quirky that can still flow and are saturated with meaning.

I prefer [name_m]Moses[/name_m] to [name_m]Moshe[/name_m]!