Most embarassing name

What name do you a 15/16 year old boy or girl would be most embarassed of and why?

Well, I think any name that was originally a boys name, but now switched to the girls. For example- if he was one of five Ashleys in his grade, and the other four were girls, he probably wouldn’t like that too much.

I’ve met a boy named [name]Caitlin[/name] who is 16, names extremely popular for girls on a boy are embarassing, all so being called something like [name]Adolf[/name] would probably be embarassing.

A friend of mine from highschool, had a brother a couple years older than us named [name]Courtney[/name]. He was a very big heavy-set african american. He went by Cour, i dont know that he was ever embarrassed, but i would think he was. Mostly boys with tradiational boy names that had swtiched to the girls, i would think, would be most embarrassed. That and girls with common names known as ‘ugly’ names, such as [name]Bertha[/name] and [name]Helga[/name].

I think that one of my sisters in law have quite weird naming taste and that her children will be embarrased with their names as teens. The worst ones are probably Kaeylynn, [name]Packer[/name] and [name]Peaches[/name]. Not my taste at all, but I guess it would be boring if everyone shared my taste. :slight_smile:

I have a male cousin named [name]Whitney[/name]. He hates it. He started a new high school and began going by [name]Whit[/name]. He told everyone it was short for [name]Whitaker[/name]. Bless.

[name]Tara[/name]

I don’t think you can go past [name]Gaylord[/name] for a boy.

But then again, some kids can carry off anything and not be embarrassed. And I think if you grow up with a name you see it differently, a boy called [name]Ashley[/name] wouldn’t necessarily think of it as a girl’s name, since it’s his name.

Anything that is associated with hugely popular pop culture references. [name]Harry[/name], [name]Ron[/name] and Hermiones are now always associated with [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name], [name]Hannah[/name] is always [name]Hannah[/name] [name]Montana[/name], and god help all the poor Isabellas, Edwards and Jacobs out there (particularly if they were sib sets named before the books were popular).

I definitely agree with this. My nephew’s name is [name]Casey[/name], and in his kindergarten class, there are two girls named [name]Kaci[/name] and [name]Kaysee[/name]. I know he’s still pretty young to be embarrassed by his name (so this might change as he gets into middle school and high school), but right now, he loves his name! He’s also best friends with [name]Kaci[/name], and they became best friends because on the first day they discovered that they had the same name :slight_smile: It was too cute! I went with my sister to pick up [name]Casey[/name] (since my daughter goes to a preschool that is at the same school), and he comes running up with this little girl, and he says, “Mommy! We are both [name]Casey[/name]! But mine’s the boy [name]Casey[/name] and her’s is the girl [name]Casey[/name].” It was so serious and matter’o’fact. He definitely didn’t think that his name was a girl’s name because of a girl named [name]Kaci[/name]. Now, they are still best friends! (although, its only been two months…)

Anyway, we’ll have to see as he grows up how he adapts to his name (especially when he reaches the “girls have cooties stage”). But, so far, he loves his name and it even helped him make a friend.

• [name]Sydnee[/name]

[name]Palmer[/name]…for sure! Too many jokes could be said for that one

I went to high school with a guy named [name]Richard[/name] Head. Of course you know that a nickname for [name]Richard[/name] is [name]Dick[/name]…

He got into a lot of fistfights…

[name]Tara[/name]