Most Feminine, Frivolous, Girly Names for Boys

What’s the most Feminine, Girliest name you can think of for a boy?! Let me know.

Some of these are unisex but still gonna put them

[name_f]Iris[/name_f] (Honestly LOVE this for a boy)
[name_u]Ruby[/name_u]
[name_f]Eve[/name_f]
[name_f]Alba[/name_f]
[name_u]Camille[/name_u]
[name_u]Marian[/name_u]
[name_f]Mae[/name_f]
[name_f]Judy[/name_f]
[name_u]Snow[/name_u] (LOVE for a boy)
[name_f]Flora[/name_f] (Maybe as a nickname for [name_u]Florian[/name_u]?)
[name_u]Skye[/name_u]
[name_f]Jewel[/name_f]
[name_f]Florence[/name_f]
[name_f]Aria[/name_f]
[name_u]Ariel[/name_u] (I’m Hispanic so this is definitely unisex to me but still gonna put it)
[name_u]Piper[/name_u]
[name_u]Harper[/name_u]
[name_f]Jayne[/name_f] (Honestly I think this would be SO COOL for a boy)
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Opal[/name_f] (I wish this could be considered unisex cause this would be so cool for a boy)

4 Likes

Isidore
[name_u]Florian[/name_u]
[name_u]Cadence[/name_u]
[name_m]Amadeus[/name_m]
[name_u]Azariah[/name_u]
[name_f]Leontine[/name_f]
[name_f]Florence[/name_f]

Bela - pronounced ‘bay-lah’. I watched Bela Lugosi’s classic interpretation of Dracula when I was a child and I’ve loved it ever since.

Florence - listed as a son of Gawain in the old Arthurian legends.

Pearl - I once read that this was traditionally used as a unisex name, typically for a rainbow baby. Whether or not that’s true, it definitely fits with the more masculine Daryl and Merle, while still maintaining a very delicate feel.

Tiffany - Was once used for boys, though the only time I’ve heard it for a boy it was when watching Adventure Time and, it oddly worked.

Paris - one of my favourite boy names that’s definitely been stereotyped as a girly name via Paris Hilton.

Jayne - A delicate girl name that sounded epic on the male character from Firefly.

Hazel - I watched the Umbrella Academy and Hazel was a cool male character, so now, in spite of how feminine Hazel is, I still love it for a boy.

Willow - Light and dainty, but it totally fits with Otto, Hugo, Milo, Theo etc.

Mirabeau - the masculine version of Mirabel.

Nehemiah - pronounced ‘nia-mya’, essentially a combination of two girl names.

Llywelyn/Llewellyn - A gorgeous Welsh boy name pronounced ‘lou-whellen’, the ‘ellen’ making is very effeminate.

1 Like

I say all the time how I want Whitney to swing back into the boys camp so that was the first to jump out at me.
And thanks to The Umbrella Academy I really like the idea of Hazel for a boy.

Then there’s
Jocelyn
Cassidy
Vivian
Bellamy
Albertine
Rose (used pretty exclusively for girls in English but there are several linguitic variations of Rose that are used as neutral or masculine names in other parts of the world, so I don’t see why Rose can’t cross the aisle)
By extention of Rose, Penrose
Mallory
June
Lindsay
Carol
Yves (not feminine in and of itself but shares the sound of the feminine name Eve)
Florian/Florent/Florence
Meredith
Jayne
Pearl
Lauren/Loren/Laurel
Augustine
Kelsey
Evelyn
Juniper
Marion

2 Likes

[name_f]Welcome[/name_f] to Nameberry @Carol_Danvers (or is that [name_m]Captain[/name_m] [name_f]Marvel[/name_f]? :open_mouth: )

Some of the names on my list for boys fall under the girly category but I am not sure they would classify as frivolous (probably because I don’t care for frivolous names for either gender).

[name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] (long been one of my favorites for a boy)
[name_u]Skye[/name_u]
[name_u]Seren[/name_u],
[name_f]Autumn[/name_f]
[name_f]Summer[/name_f],
[name_f]Bronte[/name_f]
[name_f]Hope[/name_f]
[name_u]Honor[/name_u]
[name_u]Haven[/name_u]

Others (sorry for duplicates mentioned already)
[name_u]Dana[/name_u]
[name_u]Lindsay[/name_u]
[name_f]Lauren[/name_f]
[name_u]Kelsey[/name_u]
[name_u]Cassidy[/name_u]
[name_u]Eden[/name_u]
[name_u]Clare[/name_u]
[name_u]Ashley[/name_u]
[name_u]Casey[/name_u]

ETA: I had to look up other people’s ideas of frivolous names on the web. One that I did come across that I loved the idea of for a boy was Capella.

Could Aurora and Persephone work for a boy too? Persephone is a pretty dark meaning.

2 Likes