Most hated girls names?

What is your least favourite girls name?

Hmm, [name]Nevaeh[/name]/Naveah. Itā€™s worse when itā€™s misspelled.
Also, [name]Braedyn[/name]/[name]Zaden[/name]/[name]Kaden[/name]/Laden.
And [name]BrookLynn[/name].

[name]Kaydence[/name]. Seriously, whatā€™s wrong with just [name]Cadence[/name]?

[name]Don[/name]'t like [name]Ruby[/name] much
Names like [name]Gertrude[/name] - just too harsh for a little girl - though [name]Gert[/name] is a cuter nn for younger ones
[name]Brooke[/name] - too trendy

Also lots of gender neutral names which just scream boy to me eg [name]Hayden[/name], [name]Bailey[/name], [name]Riley[/name] etc I like clearly defined gender names as reckon if they have something unusual to spell anyway, explaining whether you have a boy/girl because people canā€™t tell from their name is just creating more trouble than you need to. Iā€™ve spent 7 years spelling/pronouncing dd1ā€™s name for people and that is quite enough trouble, at least her name is very girly and thereā€™s no confusion over that haha

husband has just piped up that he doesnā€™t like [name]Clarabelle[/name]ā€¦but quite sure his dislike list is longer than mine judging by the number of names he has vetoed recently!

[name]Nevaeh[/name]

Names with ridiculous or kreativ spellings

Boys names and most unisex names on girls

[name]Katniss[/name]

Cutesy names like [name]Princess[/name]

[name]Claire[/name]ā€¦ [name]Clara[/name]ā€¦blechā€¦ [name]Ivy[/name]ā€¦all the ones mentioned above

[name]Grace[/name]ā€¦ [name]Line[/name] names like [name]Adeline[/name]ā€¦ [name]Beulah[/name]ā€¦sooooooo ugly soundingā€¦[name]Madison[/name]ā€¦

[name]Gertrude[/name]ā€¦[name]Agatha[/name]ā€¦[name]Agnes[/name]ā€¦[name]Ada[/name]!cound not be more old
[name]Neveah[/name]ā€¦I could not hate it moreā€¦ really kree8tive namesā€¦ worse are one like Maddisyn or [name]Grayce[/name]ā€¦names I already dislike.

I love [name]Ruby[/name] though

Hmm, I surprisingly canā€™t think of many just nowā€¦
I also canā€™t stand [name]Gertrude[/name]. [name]Prudence[/name] is another. Also [name]Dorcas[/name].

Oh I forgot [name]Fleur[/name] and [name]Maeve[/name]ā€¦I just hate the sounds it sounds like choking on something

Oh yes! I also hate [name]Claire[/name]. And [name]Madison[/name]. And [name]Yasmin[/name]. Names that were really popular in the 1990ā€™s I generally dislike alot.

Naveah
[name]Maddison[/name]
[name]Addison[/name]
[name]Gertrude[/name]
[name]Kylie[/name]
[name]Kayla[/name]
[name]Jayla[/name]

Boys names on girls

That about covers it! :slight_smile:

Most virtue names and most surname-sounding unisex names on girls. ([name]Felicity[/name], [name]Serenity[/name] & [name]Riley[/name], [name]Hayden[/name])
Anything overly girly/princessy/fancy especially over-used names (anything -bellaā€¦like [name]Arabella[/name] would fit with this)
And Annaleiseā€¦itā€™s really pretty, but I just see Anal,
[name]Wren[/name]- cute written, but outloud itā€™s [name]Ren[/name] like [name]Ren[/name] & Stimpy
[name]Clementine[/name] & [name]Magnolia[/name]- thatā€™s a whole lot of cloyingly sweet over-the-top name imo

I am guilty of loving boys names on girls ([name]Charlie[/name] & [name]Sam[/name]ā€¦thatā€™s so cute!)
and overly cutesy names ([name]Kitty[/name] & [name]Bunny[/name]ā€¦I wouldnā€™t use, but seriously, how cute is that?!)
and ā€˜datedā€™ names ([name]Joan[/name] & [name]Karen[/name]ā€¦strong sounding & ready for a comeback!)

[name]Sylvia[/name]
[name]Therese[/name]
[name]Tess[/name]
[name]Joanna[/name]/[name]Johanna[/name]
[name]Jamie[/name]

I donā€™t know why I dislike these names. Theyā€™re all perfectly legitimate, I just donā€™t like their sound and look I suppose.

I also dislike all of the usuals like uneek spellings, and names like [name]Bertha[/name] and such.

I was going to say [name]Clementine[/name] but I know so many people here love itā€¦ugh it is so foofy and princessy
Its so nice when we dislike the same thingsā€¦lol
I also like boys names on girlsā€¦but not like [name]James[/name] or [name]Robert[/name]ā€¦like [name]Micah[/name] or [name]Ryan[/name]

I have loads, so Iā€™ll only list the worst offenders.

[name]Nevaeh[/name]
[name]Madison[/name]
Anything starting with Mc
[name]Isabella[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Juniper[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Kaylee[/name]/[name]Kylie[/name]/[name]Kayla[/name]/[name]Kallie[/name], you get my drift.
Unisex names
[name]Vanessa[/name]

Oh yes also would like to add all those J and K names that were trendy and popular in 80ā€™s/90ā€™s. [name]Just[/name] sound a bit stale now

[name]Jennifer[/name], [name]Jessica[/name], [name]Jamie[/name] (and similar J boys ones like [name]Jason[/name])
[name]Kylie[/name], [name]Kelly[/name], [name]Kayla[/name]

and other similar sounds like [name]Layla[/name] - just too trendy/common sounding, but obviously a lot of those kind of feelings are based on region

I still love the name [name]India[/name] but it seems to be getting quite common here which I hate

[name]Ashley[/name] and [name]Olivia[/name]ā€¦ mostly because every one Iā€™ve known has been terrible to me :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

[name]Every[/name] single incarnation of [name]MaKenzie[/name], [name]McKayla[/name], etcā€¦
[name]Kayla[/name], [name]Kylie[/name], [name]Kaylee[/name], [name]Kelsey[/name], etc
[name]Nevaeh[/name]
[name]Madison[/name]/[name]Addison[/name]
[name]Khloe[/name]
[name]Sloane[/name], I know many people like it, but it just sounds so ugly to me

I donā€™t like boys names on girls: [name]James[/name], most -son names etc. As well as overly unisex (read: primarily male) names.
I really dislike overly ā€œold ladyā€ names with harsh sounds or silly ones: [name]Penelope[/name], [name]Gertrude[/name], [name]Agatha[/name], [name]Agnes[/name], [name]Gretchen[/name] etc.
Trendy silly spellings annoy me like crazy.
Overly cutesy namesā€¦good gosh, I canā€™t stand those. Youā€™re naming a human being who will grow up and be an adult for much longer (hopefully) than they were a child. [name]Don[/name]'t name a baby girl something like [name]Kitty[/name].

Specific names:
[name]Adair[/name]
[name]Jasmine[/name], Itā€™s not really a hate, but Iā€™m so tired of it.
[name]Sloane[/name], the Slo- sound just makes be think of unsavoury words
[name]Sage[/name], I canā€™t stand this. It actually makes my skin start to itch.

Iā€™m not a fan of [name]Imogen[/name], [name]Pearl[/name]/[name]Ruby[/name]/[name]Opal[/name], [name]Maeve[/name] and [name]Clementine[/name]. And although I donā€™t hate them, I never really understood the appeal of [name]Ava[/name]/[name]Eva[/name]/[name]Eve[/name]/[name]Ivy[/name]ā€¦