Most Mismatched Sibset You've Met

At Payless, I met some kids named [name]Timothy[/name], [name]James[/name], and [name]Freya[/name]. Where did that come from???

Brothers named [name]Thaddeus[/name] and [name]Corey[/name]. They go by [name]Thad[/name] and CJ, which is slightly better, but the first names don’t seem like they “go” at all.

I also know siblings named [name]Lennox[/name] (girl), [name]Ava[/name], and [name]Teagan[/name] (boy).

My son goes to preschool with a boy named [name]Christopher[/name], whose little sister is Chiqui (not a nickname).

1 Like

[name]Oscar[/name], [name]Oliver[/name], [name]Devyn[/name] (g), and [name]Matteo[/name]. What?!

I know a [name]Willem[/name], [name]Maren[/name] and [name]Liam[/name]. I love all three names, but [name]Willem[/name] and [name]Liam[/name] are variations of the same name, which is odd to me.

1 Like

[name]Kieran[/name], [name]Declan[/name], and [name]Spencer[/name]. I always thought, [name]Spencer[/name]??? [name]Just[/name] seems so out of place with his Irish brothers.

1 Like

Ugh! Cheated and fishy!!

4 Likes

This would be a pretty average sibset in [name]Britain[/name] schmergo.
[name]Freya[/name] is a longtime Top 50 name and is often paired with names like [name]William[/name], [name]James[/name], [name]Theo[/name] where I live.

harrietsmummy

2 Likes

Ahhh, that is very, very interesting. I had no idea! I’ve never heard the name ‘[name]Freya[/name]’ before outside of, like, Norse mythology, and I think the mom of this group of kids had an English accent. Thanks so much for the info!

Anytime. I love both of your favourite names by the way. [name]Hope[/name] you end up using them!

[name]Genny[/name], [name]Jovanna[/name], Joshana, and [name]Rachel[/name].

1 Like

[name]Jody[/name] and [name]Nita[/name] (girls)
[name]Madeline[/name], [name]Hans[/name] and [name]Tex[/name]

1 Like

My own in birth order:
Brother : biblical classic
Me: trendy/lacey
[name]Sister[/name]: eclectic/[name]Indian[/name]

Note that we are not religious or [name]Indian[/name].

2 Likes

james, amelie, grace and antigone

3 Likes

Sisters named [name]Kaylee[/name] and [name]Prudence[/name]…I thought it was a little odd :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

My mom’s name has always seemed odd to me compared to her siblings. She has a sister named [name]Jennifer[/name], brothers named [name]Phillip[/name] and [name]Robert[/name], and her name is [name]Sheila[/name].

1 Like

my mothers name has always seemed part of an odd sibset match:

[name]Tania/name, [name]Lita/name and [name]Steve/name

[name]Hannah[/name], [name]Leah[/name], [name]Sarah[/name] and [name]Texas[/name].

They were all girls from the same two parents.

6 Likes

I grew up with a girl named [name]Brandy[/name] whose siblings were [name]Brooke[/name], [name]Brandon[/name], [name]Bradley[/name]… and [name]Charles[/name]. That last one seemed a bit cruel. Maybe he was the milkman’s child?

2 Likes

I know a family that was from [name]Russia[/name] and were living there when their first daughter was born. Her name was Anzhelika [name]Rivka[/name]. Two years later when they had their second daughter, they had already moved to the U.S. and wanted to give this child a more “American” name, so they named her the number one name at the time, [name]Jessica[/name] [name]Rose[/name]. They semi-followed this pattern with there last two, a boy and a girl. Their names were [name]Michael[/name] [name]Maxim[/name] and [name]Samantha[/name] [name]Olga[/name]. Unless you were close to them, you wouldn’t have known this since they are usually called by nicknames [name]Anna[/name], [name]Jess[/name], [name]Mike[/name], and [name]Sammi[/name].

1 Like