Most Mismatched Sibset You've Met

[name]Ever[/name] met siblings with radically different names from one another?

Some that I’ve met:

[name]Alex[/name] and [name]Galena[/name]
[name]Abigail[/name], [name]Madeline[/name], [name]India[/name], [name]Liliana[/name], and [name]Aithne[/name]
[name]Martha[/name] and Wahneta (Elderly twins-- their mother heard the name ‘[name]Juanita[/name]’ and loved it, but didn’t know how to spell it.)
[name]Ashley[/name], [name]Hannah[/name], and [name]Phoenix[/name] (all girls)
[name]Doug[/name], [name]Max[/name], [name]Jack[/name], and [name]Konstantin[/name]

9 Likes

Yes, I’ve known a few sibsets with what I consider to be mismatched names:
[name]Esther[/name], [name]Elias[/name], [name]Ariella[/name], [name]Samantha[/name], [name]Ashley[/name] (mixture of classic and '80’s-trendy)
[name]Maurice[/name], [name]Joseph[/name], [name]Precious[/name]
[name]Jonna[/name], [name]Arthur[/name], Thelord

1 Like

Maddyx and [name]August[/name]. (Boys)
[name]William[/name], [name]Raven[/name] (girl), [name]Sawyer[/name], [name]Robert[/name]

1 Like

[name]Hunter[/name], [name]Lily[/name], [name]Ruby[/name], and Bralyn. Bralyn is a boy and has such a feminine spelling - just awful when big bro has such a masculine name.

2 Likes

[name]Mackenzie[/name] (girl) and [name]Catherine[/name]

[name]Trey[/name] (boy), [name]Alex[/name] (girl) and [name]Peyton[/name] (boy). Poor [name]Peyton[/name]. His dad thought it was cool to name him after [name]Peyton[/name] [name]Manning[/name], but I couldn’t imagine being a boy named [name]Peyton[/name] with a sister named [name]Alex[/name].

A [name]Domenico[/name] and [name]Gabriel[/name] - one super Italian, one classic.

[name]Elgiva[/name], Algitha, [name]Kevin[/name] and [name]Michael[/name]! I have always thought it is a really random sibset!

2 Likes

[name]Jordan[/name] (b) and [name]Lydia[/name]

[name]Maggie[/name] (4) and [name]Meghan[/name] (2)
[name]Margaret[/name] (nn [name]Meggie[/name]), [name]Nathan[/name], [name]Kellan[/name] (girl)
[name]Jocelyn[/name], [name]Jordan[/name], [name]Jenna[/name] (all girls)
[name]Taylor[/name], [name]Taryn[/name] and [name]Toni[/name] (all girls)

[name]Logan[/name], [name]Spencer[/name] and [name]Summer[/name]. all girls.

When I was in college, there was an Aquanet in my dorm. She explained her mother was a hairdresser, and she originally intended to name her children after hair products and styling techniques. If I remember correctly, she said the front runner for girl #2 was Loreal. Well, #2 ended up being a boy named [name]Roger[/name] [name]Jr[/name], and by the time #3 was born, their mother was sick of the negative reaction to Aquanet, so her sister became [name]Brittany[/name].

Aquanet, [name]Roger[/name] [name]Jr[/name]., and [name]Brittany[/name] shakes head

For what it’s worth, Aquanet claimed to really love her name.

13 Likes

Someone mentioned [name]Mackenzie[/name] and [name]Catherine[/name], I have to agree. It seems really weird to me.

ShondraLee and [name]Caitlin[/name]. :open_mouth:

I have to laugh, honestly. Because every time I have this conversation with my family about mismatched sibsets, everyone says that I am crazy. I believe that there should be a tone for naming your kiddos, and they think you should pick names just because you like them.

That being said I do not like sibset that rhyme, or are spelled with the same starting letter.

Here are some off the top of my head.

[name]Atticus[/name] and [name]Ashton[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name] and [name]Lacey[/name]
[name]Molly[/name] and [name]Whitney[/name]

the girls are [name]India[/name] and [name]Tula[/name] and their little brother is [name]William[/name]

This is something I always notice with names. I like the names to flow and the names to be similar in time period or culture. No [name]Johnnie[/name] with [name]Aurora[/name]. I don’t like the same initial and I don’t like the same ending or a one syllable name mixed in with longer names.

[name]William[/name], [name]Timothy[/name], [name]Mark[/name], and [name]Elizabeth[/name] ([name]Billy[/name], [name]Timmy[/name], [name]Mark[/name], and [name]Ellie[/name])…[name]Mark[/name] is to straight to the point to balance with his siblings names.

[name]Christian[/name] and [name]Isabella[/name]…her name sounds too Italian/Spanish next to his, [name]Christian[/name] and [name]Elizabeth[/name] would be better.

[name]Melanie[/name], [name]Caroline[/name], and [name]Natalie[/name]…all are good names it’s just that two have the “ie” sound at the end and one doesn’t.

[name]Savannah[/name], [name]Alana[/name], and [name]Lydia[/name]…two are place names and one isn’t. Good flow isn’t there either.

1 Like

I have another one. [name]Megan[/name] and [name]Maddie[/name] actually it’s [name]Megan[/name] and [name]Madeline[/name]. Not fond of the two M’s and [name]Madeline[/name] doesn’t seem to quite go with [name]Megan[/name]. [name]Both[/name] are rather popular M names but [name]Madeline[/name] is popular now and [name]Megan[/name] was popular a few decades ago.

Today I met twin girls named [name]Isabella[/name] and [name]Pike[/name]. I wonder if [name]Pike[/name] feels cheated out of syllables. They were both very femininely dressed and looked a lot alike.

7 Likes

We kinda went in a different direction with our last kid which threw off the set a little bit.
They are:
[name]Juliette[/name] ([name]Jules[/name]) [name]Maura[/name]
[name]Bella[/name] [name]Ryan[/name]
[name]Mia[/name] [name]Sloane[/name]
[name]Leo[/name] [name]Magnus[/name]
and
[name]Ronan[/name] [name]Arthur[/name].

I’m afraid [name]Ronan[/name] sticks out. Still, I wouldn’t change a thing… he was named in honor of my uncle [name]Ronald[/name] who passed away just three weeks before he was born.

Best-
T.

1 Like