Most Unusual Baby Names of 2012

Hello Nameberries. Here are the most unusual baby names collected from [name]Baby[/name] Center. Their data was from over half million parents who wrote to them. Have a Kleenex ready because you may shed a tear for some of these children.

Unusual girls’ names
[name]Ace[/name]
Admire
[name]Americus[/name]
[name]California[/name]
Couture
[name]Deva[/name]
Excel
[name]Fedora[/name]
[name]Gilmore[/name]
Hailo
Inny
J’[name]Adore[/name]
[name]Jagger[/name]
[name]Jazzy[/name]
Jeevika
Joshitha
Juju
Jury
Kaixin
Kirshelle
Leeloo
[name]Mclean[/name]
Monalisa
Oasis
[name]Orchid[/name]
[name]Queenie[/name]
Rilo
[name]Rogue[/name]
[name]Samanda[/name]
Sanity
[name]Sesame[/name]
Shoog
Starlit
Thinn
[name]Tigerlily[/name]
Twisha
Ummi
[name]Vanille[/name]
Vinique
Yoga
Zealand

Unusual boys’ names
Aero
[name]Alpha[/name]
Ball
[name]Bond[/name]
Burger
Cajun
Casanova
[name]Cello[/name]
Cobain
Crusoe
Devid
Donathan
Drifter
Elite
Espn
Exodus
Four
Goodluck
Google
[name]Haven[/name]'T
Hippo
Htoo
Hurricane
[name]Jedi[/name]
Kix
Legacy
[name]Mango[/name]
[name]Mowgli[/name]
Navaryous
Neon
[name]Pate[/name]
Pawk
Popeye
[name]Rogue[/name]
Rysk
Savior
[name]Shimon[/name]
Thunder
Tron
Turbo
Vice
Villiam
Xenon
Zaniel

Here are a few of the highlights from [name]Baby[/name] Center’s very strange list:

Girls:

Fashion-conscious: Couture, [name]Fedora[/name]
Rolling Stones fans: [name]Jagger[/name]
Altered names: Joshitha
J-names: J’adore, [name]Jazzy[/name], Jeevika, Juju, Jury
Aspirational: [name]Ace[/name], Admire, Excel, Monalisa, Oasis, [name]Queenie[/name]
Places: [name]Americus[/name], [name]California[/name], Zealand
[name]Just[/name] plain weird: Inny, Yoga

Boys:

Aspirational: [name]Bond[/name], Casanova, [name]Jedi[/name], Legacy, Popeye, [name]Rogue[/name], Elite
[name]Nirvana[/name] fans: Cobain
Altered names: Devid, Donathan, [name]Villem[/name], Xenon, Zaniel
Religious: Exodus, Savior
Dad picked this: Espn, Burger, Ball
[name]Just[/name] plain weird: [name]Cello[/name], Drifter, Four, Goodluck, Google, [name]Haven[/name]'T, Hippo, HToo, [name]Pate[/name]

What the hell is wrong with people? I just think the worst for the child if their parents think it’s right to name them Hippo, Burger, [name]Haven[/name]'t and Ball?!

[name]Just[/name] plain wrong, I can seriously see why some countries have a list or rules for what names can be used. It’s about time we brought that in to help these poor children. [name]Even[/name] I’d go as far as saying I’d rather see a million and one little girl’s named [name]Jack[/name], [name]James[/name] and [name]Joseph[/name] than Hippo, Burger and Ball!!!

I feel really sorry for some of these children and if I was one of them I would definitely be changing my name by the time I reached 18. Is is weird that I know someone with the name [name]Jagger[/name]? I honestly thought it was a little strange (especially since he is named after [name]Mick[/name] [name]Jagger[/name]) but its completely strange on a girl! I also know a little boy named Jaeger (as in the brand), very strange!

But seriously? Goodluck, Google and oh my favourite, Hippo?! Who has the right to name thier kid after a ‘fat’ animal. [name]Do[/name] they want their child to be like that when they are older? Ya’know some people really comfue me :confused: [name]Queenie[/name] is actually a legit name but not something I would use. Juju is a nickname for [name]Juliette[/name] or [name]Julianna[/name] but Im not really sure it can stand on its own. sigh
[name]Bree[/name]

I like [name]Jazzy[/name], [name]Sesame[/name] and Crusoe! Some of these are horrible though, Casanova, Drifter, Exodus, Goodluck, Google, Popeye, [name]Rogue[/name] and Elite, Thinn, Jury, Couture and J’[name]Adore[/name]? Nooooo!

Interesting that someone called their kid Four. That’s maybe the last number I’d name a baby.