Mr. Bucket Dreams Priscilla

Last night my husband allegedly dreamed that this baby was a girl and we named her [name_f]Priscilla[/name_f]. Talk to me…

I’ve always known he likes [name_f]Priscilla[/name_f].
[name_f]Gretel[/name_f] [name_f]Priscilla[/name_f] was top of my list in 2013.
How does [name_f]Priscilla[/name_f] fit? What would you pair, either as first or middle (single or double middle with an honor) for me?

Idk if it’s right and it isn’t on our shortlist, but I’m just curious…

3 Likes

I think [name_f]Priscilla[/name_f] is gorgeous! I like it as a middle name for you, it gives me the same vibes as Fel!x. I would probably do a single middle name since [name_f]Priscilla[/name_f] is long, like [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] [name_f]Priscilla[/name_f], but [name_f]Antigone[/name_f] [name_f]Priscilla[/name_f] [name_u]Jule[/name_u] and [name_f]Olympias[/name_f] [name_f]Priscilla[/name_f] [name_u]Jule[/name_u] came to mind too.

I can see [name_f]Priscilla[/name_f] for you, but it doesn’t feel like the name. It’s less grand and whimsical than H and A’s names, and you don’t seem to feel as enthusiastic about it as a first.

I think it would make a great middle that your husband would love! I like @fearlessfirefly‘s suggestions for first names.

2 Likes

I think vibe-wise it fits in really well with H.ratio, it feels grand but still very approachable.
The sound of [name_f]Priscilla[/name_f] also fits in beautifully with An.stasio, they share a certain crispness due to the shared S sounds.
I’ve read only a few of your weekly posts so I can’t really comment on the name “feeling like you”, but of the ones I have read about so far, it is one of my favourites.

As a middle name, I can 110% see you using it - as a first name, it feels along the same line as [name_f]Octavia[/name_f] - beautiful, but a bit plain in comparison to the other names you’ve considered and to your sons’ names.

I like [name_f]Priscilla[/name_f] but I’m not sure how well I think it fits. It’s a bit more whispy, less solid and grandiose. It does have “time” with the meaning of ancient (or at least I think that’s time). And what’s more of a sign than a dream?
I could see
[name_f]Priscilla[/name_f] [name_u]Julie[/name_u]
[name_u]Tempest[/name_u] [name_f]Priscilla[/name_f]
[name_f]Priscilla[/name_f] [name_f]Apolline[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_f]Antigone[/name_f] [name_f]Priscilla[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f]

I can see Priscilla as a middle name for you - it’s fresh and precise and reminds me a bit of Felix.

Maeve Priscilla, Tempest Priscilla, Aurelie Priscilla, Iolanthe Priscilla, Lucienne Priscilla and Antigone Priscilla came to mind

I really like [name_f]Priscilla[/name_f] too! I’m also really fond of the nn I’ve seen some people giving their daughters, [name_u]Percy[/name_u].

Priscilla makes me think of [name_m]Elvis[/name_m]’s wife. :v: very retro, but ethereal.

I like [name_f]Priscilla[/name_f] with the nn [name_f]Prisca[/name_f]. :blush: Kind of backwards but I think it still works.
I really like the meaning too.
It’s a bit more common than some of your other choices but I think it’s nice and it goes well with H and A, particularly H’s name.
I think I would give it two adventurous middles if you use it as a first.
It’s likely that the [name_f]Perpetua[/name_f] combos would also work with [name_f]Priscilla[/name_f].

[name_f]My[/name_f] favorite aunt’s name is [name_f]Priscilla[/name_f] (I know I shouldn’t have favorites, but I do!) She is a very elegant lady, and just the sweetest, so I only have good things to say about the name! I do think it fits in with your other names!
[name_f]Priscilla[/name_f] [name_f]Rosamonde[/name_f]
[name_f]Priscilla[/name_f] [name_f]Antigone[/name_f] [name_u]Hero[/name_u]
[name_f]Priscilla[/name_f] [name_f]Thisbe[/name_f] [name_f]Octavia[/name_f]
[name_f]Priscilla[/name_f] [name_f]Octavia[/name_f] [name_u]Jules[/name_u]

I actually love the idea of [name_f]Priscilla[/name_f] with your boys names! It’s such an unexpected choice today just the right amount of familiar-but-rare. Beautiful name to consider. :slight_smile: