Multicultural Name of the Day 2.0

Xinwei :sparkles:

I don’t know much about Chinese names, but I just met the kindest man with this name, and I love how it sounds.

5 Likes

[name_f]Malti[/name_f] :cherry_blossom:

5 Likes

[name_m]Cleopas[/name_m], a Greek name meaning “glory to the father”

5 Likes

[name_u]Sora[/name_u], again.

A truly multicultural name — a [name_u]North[/name_u] American bird species who’s name derives from a seemingly unknown Native language, a Japanese name for sky, and a Korean name for conch shell.

9 Likes

[name_m]Reading[/name_m] a Tolstoy novel and I think [name_m]Alexei[/name_m] for a boy is so handsome! :ru: If only I were Russian.

7 Likes

[name_f]Asha[/name_f]! :nest_with_eggs:

Loved this name for so long, considering it’s not my usual style!

9 Likes

[name_f]Leonora[/name_f] :sparkles:

6 Likes

Ararat :volcano: :mountain_snow: :fire:

5 Likes

Nikte-ha, a Yucatec [name_f]Maya[/name_f] name meaning “waterlily” :lotus:

(I had a friend in elementary school with this name!)

5 Likes

[name_f]Sile[/name_f] - Irish Gaelic form of [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Diklah - “palm grove”
Hebrew/Aramaic
unisex

1 Like

[name_f]Nafisa[/name_f] will always be my favorite name from a different culture. It is of Arabic origin and means literally “something so good and valuable people compete for it”. I think the nickname Naf is adorable as well and overall there is nothing to not like about this name.

[name_f]Mirela[/name_f] is Romanian and the root of the name comes from the Latin word for “admire” and the Occitan and Spanish words for “to look”. It is ultimately a variation of the Italian name [name_f]Mirella[/name_f] which itself is a variation of the [name_u]French[/name_u] [name_f]Mireille[/name_f] and the Catalan [name_f]Mireia[/name_f]. Cool fact: this is known as the “musical name” because it contains all the notes of the scale (mi, re, and la)

3 Likes