My Baby Girl Name Epiphany

I am due anyday now and I thought I had my name all picked out until I came across the name [name]Teddy[/name] for a girl. I fell in love. However, I’m not sure if its just the hormones, am I crazy? PLEASE HELP ME AND TELL ME WHAT YOU THINKOF [name]TEDDY[/name] FOR A GIRL!

I think if you give a girl the same name as a piece of lingerie, you’re dooming her to a hellacious middle/high school experience.

Sorry to rain on your parade. I think [name]Teddy[/name] is a cute name too, but it’s a tough world out there.

I love this name but everyone I asked abt it said it reminded them of titty… This is a sad case.

I agree that [name]Teddy[/name] could lead to teasing and sounds like a nighty.
What about
[name]Tillie[/name] - short for [name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Tansy[/name] - short for [name]Anastasia[/name]
[name]Tally[/name] - short for [name]Natalie[/name]
[name]Tessa[/name], [name]Tessie[/name] - short for [name]Theresa[/name] or could just be [name]Tessa[/name]
[name]Tati[/name] ([name]Tah[/name]-tee) - short for [name]Tatiana[/name]
[name]Freddy[/name] - short for [name]Frederica[/name]
[name]Hattie[/name] - short for [name]Harriet[/name]
[name]Lulah[/name] - short for [name]Tallulah[/name]
I just love [name]Tillie[/name], short for [name]Matilda[/name]!

I second what [name]Melissa[/name] said, and emphatically so! :slight_smile: What other names were you considering?

i really love the name clover

I actually really like the name [name]Teddy[/name] for a girl!
With parents using name like [name]Frankie[/name], [name]Georgie[/name], [name]Maxie[/name],
why not [name]Teddy[/name]? [name]Clover[/name] is really cute too.

[name]Clover[/name] is a great name! Did you have a middle name? If you’re still unsure about [name]Clover[/name], here are some silimar ideas:

[name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Blythe[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Claire[/name]
[name]Clara[/name]
[name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Celia[/name]
[name]Daisy[/name]
[name]Maisie[/name]
[name]Delilah[/name]
[name]Emmeline[/name]
[name]Eve[/name]
[name]Evangeline[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Esme[/name]
[name]Frances[/name]
[name]Francesca[/name]
[name]Felicity[/name]
[name]Georgia[/name]
[name]Georgiana[/name]
[name]Helen[/name]
[name]Helena[/name]
[name]Hope[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Isadora[/name]
[name]Isla[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Jane[/name]
[name]Julia[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Laurel[/name]
[name]Mariel[/name]
[name]Miranda[/name]
[name]Nell[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Rose[/name]
[name]Susannah[/name]
[name]Tess[/name]
[name]Tessa[/name]
[name]Willa[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Cora[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]May[/name]/[name]Mae[/name]

Are you still considering [name]Teddy[/name]? I grew up with a [name]Theodora[/name] (nn [name]Teddy[/name]), so perhaps you could go with [name]Theodora[/name]…

You could name your daughter [name]Theodora[/name] and call her [name]Thea[/name]. Or you could name her [name]Anthea[/name] and call her [name]Thea[/name]. Also I love [name]Clover[/name]. I’m still not liking [name]Teddy[/name] because of breasts and nighties. But if I don’t think about the similarity to breasts and nightgowns, [name]Teddy[/name] is kind of cute. By the way, does anybody know if [name]Anthea[/name] pronounced [name]ANN[/name]-thee-uh or [name]ANN[/name]-thay-uh? I’ve always wondered.

[name]Susan[/name], I’ve always said AN-thee-ah, since it derives from Anthos (An-?th?s, meaning flower). It just seems sort of logical to me, anyway. I’ve never been told I was wrong, anyway. :smiley:

Thanks, [name]Lola[/name], that’s pretty! :^* What do you think of that face? I’ve been dying to make it, but I’m not sure what it means.
So [name]Anthea[/name] nn [name]Thea[/name] (Thee-uh) would be a cute choice I think. If not then you could name her [name]Clover[/name] or how about [name]Iris[/name] which is incredibly cute?

:^* is a kiss, to my 18 year old friend [name]Erin[/name]. it’s a dude swearing to me. I suppose it depends on which side of the age divide you’re on. Me, I’m definitely middle aged right now. :stuck_out_tongue:

There are just too many things potentially wrong with naming a girl [name]Teddy[/name]. First thing I thought of was [name]Teddy[/name] [name]Roosevelt[/name]. Then I though of teddy as lingerie. Then the above poster mentioned titty and I will never think of anything else.

To the person that mentioned [name]Clover[/name], that is an awesome name! I think it’s slightly beyond my wife and I, but I would definitely consider it if I thought we were cool enough to pull it off!

[name]Just[/name] a note on the [name]Anthea[/name] pronunciation question – the people I know with that name pronounce it an-THEE-ah.