my DH begged me to name our DD Juliet... HELP!

I don’t like [name]Julie[/name] either. I like [name]Olive[/name] and [name]Juliet[/name], but not with the nickname [name]Julie[/name] or [name]Jewels[/name]/[name]Jules[/name].

What about [name]Olivia[/name] [name]Maeve[/name] or [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Olive[/name]? More girly and more nn choice.

Clearly julie or Juilet is unusable if you really hate it.

This reminds me of a friend of mine who named her son [name]Lewis[/name] because she, like you with [name]Julie[/name], had a throw-up-in-her-mouth style hatred for [name]Louis[/name] (pronounced the French way). Now, she’s constantly stoping other people from shortening his name to [name]Lewie[/name], even though she has never introduced him as such in her life. So if you hate [name]Julie[/name] that much, I really wouldn’t use [name]Juliet[/name]. However, I do [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Annabel[/name] and [name]Maeve[/name] - I think it’s gorgeous and it fits with [name]Annabel[/name] (and [name]Owen[/name] and [name]Sullivan[/name]) perfectly.

NO to [name]Olive[/name] and [name]Maeve[/name]! [name]How[/name] about [name]Jewel[/name] (similar but different)? I do think that [name]Fiona[/name], from your choices, might work the best, however.

I totally understand where you’re coming from!! When I as expecting my daughter, my very first child, my ex husband was insistent o the name [name]Rebecca[/name], which hs a very bad childhood association for me. I just don’t lik the name, I never have. But I went along with it because I was dead set on [name]Elijah[/name] as a boy’s name. Now it’s 5 years later, and I still can’t stand my daughter’s name and my ex (who pushed so damn hard for the name) hasn’t seen either of his children in well over a year! I’ve always regretted naming her a name I don’t like and if you feel so strongly about [name]Julie[/name], then don’t compromise!! You’ll regret later, believe me!

[name]Don[/name]'t go with [name]Juliet[/name] as the first name if you really don’t like [name]Julie[/name] (I don’t either). I think [name]Maeve[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] is beautiful, and it sounds like a good compromise. I think [name]Annabel[/name] is a little frillier (not in a bad way), but I think [name]Annabel[/name] and [name]Maeve[/name] compliment each other really well. I [name]LOVE[/name] the name [name]Maeve[/name] but will never be able to get DBF to agree on it.

[name]Juliet[/name] [name]Maeve[/name] is one of my favorite combinations. I adore [name]Juliet[/name], but you should too if you’re going to use it! I also like [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Maeve[/name] a lot. Or maybe [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Julianne[/name]?

I would definitely say use [name]Juliet[/name] as a middle name. Then he still has an excuse to call her [name]Jules[/name], but you don’t have to deal with everyone else potentially calling her [name]Julie[/name]. Maybe [name]Eve[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]? [name]Eve[/name] is similar to [name]Maeve[/name] but I think it’s a little girlier and might go a little better with [name]Annabel[/name]. Plus I love the nn [name]Evie[/name].

I have a little sister named [name]Julia[/name] who we call [name]Jules[/name] but never [name]Julie[/name]. I also have a friend named [name]Juliet[/name] who is always called by her full name. It’s never [name]Jules[/name] it’s always [name]Juliet[/name]. It’s really a totally different name and not nearly as common as [name]Julia[/name] or [name]Julie[/name]. I really like [name]Maeve[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] as well and MJ is really cute :slight_smile:

You can definitely avoid nicknames like [name]Julie[/name] for [name]Juliet[/name] but you might have to have another nickname on hand to offer such as etta which I love! My name is angelica and I introduce myself and angelica but you can call me jelly (anGELIca) as I hate the name angie, and the only person who has ever called me angie is my uncle who has called me angie since the dawn of time. I love all of your other names except [name]Fiona[/name] (bad associations) and daphne (to me, seems dated but is growing on me)
Good luck :slight_smile: