My DH loves Lucitania- any thoughts?

My husband finally decided to suggest a name last night, and came up with Lucitania. I don’t mind [name]Lucy[/name] (it was on my list), but I’m not sure about the clunkiness of Lucitania. What are your thoughts?

Was Lucitania the name of the ship that ‘rescued’ Titanics survivors? Or have I dreamt that?!

I agree, I like [name]Lucy[/name] and most of the [name]Lucy[/name] -type names but Lucitania is a little clunky and hard to imagine?

I think [name]Lucia[/name] and [name]Luciana[/name] are prettier alternatives?

Ahh no that was the Carpathia that picked up survivors…The Lusitania (with an S) was a ship of the Cunard line which was sunk during ww1…

Well, the first thing that came to my mind is the passenger liner called the Luisitania… it was sunk by a [name]German[/name] U-boat, killing 1,198 people, and served as sort of an incentive for the Americans to join in WWI… so to me Lucitania isn’t the best choice. What about other names that could get the nickname [name]Lucy[/name]?

[name]Lucia[/name]
[name]Luciana[/name]
[name]Lucretia[/name]
[name]Lucrezia[/name]
[name]Lucasta[/name]
[name]Lucilla[/name]
[name]Lucille[/name]
[name]Luella[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name]

The Lusitania was a passenger line that was sunk by Germans during WWI. I wouldn’t do it, because if that story comes up during her history class, the boys will never let her live it down. What about [name]Lucia[/name]?

I’m with the others about the Lusitania…it’s a lovely word, but not the best connection for a name to have. :confused:

Thanks, ladies! That was my first thought (I’m a history teacher so it was pretty automatic), but I’ve been trying to give him the benefit of the doubt before shooting the one name he’s suggested down. Hopefully he’ll warm up to one of the other alternatives.