My Fun Name Blog

Hey guys! I’m starting my own name blog, thanks to the excellent idea from cew1111! (sorry if its cew11, I couldn’t see it well.) So anyways, to get the blog started I thought I’d post the name of the day and see what everyone thinks.

Name: [name]Griffin[/name]
Nicknames: [name]Griff[/name], [name]Finn[/name]

I’m on the search for new, off-beat, pretty names for girls. If oyu want you could post a list of your fav girls names! Thanks! Also, does anyone like the name [name]Finley[/name] with the nn [name]Finn[/name]? Thanks!

Some names -

[name]Isabelle[/name] [name]Grace[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Grace[/name]
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Grace[/name]
[name]Mia[/name] [name]Isobel[/name]
[name]Isabelle[/name] [name]Summer[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Ann[/name]
[name]Stella[/name] [name]May[/name]
[name]Luna[/name] [name]Skye[/name]

[name]Hi[/name], Bounce! I like the name [name]Griffin[/name] - I think it is spunky and fresh while still having a semi-classic, demure sound. That being said, I’m not a huge fan of [name]Finley[/name] for either gender, mainly because my puppy is called [name]Findlay[/name] with the nickname [name]Fin[/name] (or FinFin, Finny, Finnis, [name]Phineas[/name], or [name]Finnegan[/name]…). However, I thought it was very sweet when our fellow poster, sloppyart, used [name]Finlay[/name] for her son, as it honored a family last name!

As far as fun, interesting girl names, the only ones I can think of at this moment are - [name]Arabella[/name], [name]Bryony[/name], [name]Bellatrix[/name], [name]Cecily[/name], [name]Daphne[/name], [name]Elia[/name], [name]Flora[/name], [name]Ginevra[/name], [name]Helene[/name], [name]Isolde[/name], [name]Jessamine[/name], [name]Kiera[/name], [name]Lavinia[/name], [name]Miranda[/name], [name]Ophelia[/name], [name]Penelope[/name], [name]Phoebe[/name], [name]Regina[/name], [name]Rosamund[/name], [name]Stella[/name], [name]Sylvia[/name], [name]Tallulah[/name], [name]Talia[/name], and [name]Veronica[/name]…

[name]Just[/name] a suggestion - For your blog, how about discussing a topic like they do on the Nameberry Blog? For instance, you could DISCUSS the trend of using frilly, feminine names for girls in contrast to the trend of using boys names for girls or unisex names. Have fun with it!

Thanks, this is a really good idea! I think I am going to start a unisex name discussion now! Thanks! Keep posting1
Bounce

Todays Discussion: Unisex Names on [name]Both[/name] Genders

Unisex names on girl have skyrocketed recently, but what about on boys? It is quite acceptable in society for a girl to be named [name]Taylor[/name], a name that was origionally a boys name. But any boy named [name]Ashley[/name] (also origionally a boys name) would be immediately made fun of.

Naming twins with unisex names can also be a problem. If you have boy-girl twins and name them [name]Blake[/name] and [name]Cameron[/name], people may be confused as to which is the boy and which is the girl, if they only hear the names. Also, if you have girl-girl twins and name them [name]Felicity[/name] and [name]Quin[/name], people may think you have boy-girl twins!

So what do you think of unisex names?

My take on unisex names:
Personally, I am not a huge fan of them on either gender, and hate the fact that traditional boys names like [name]Noah[/name] and [name]Elliot[/name] are now also considered girls names. (Yes, [name]Noah[/name] and [name]Elliot[/name] are posted under both genders on name websites and books) But on the other hand, it has been so long since the name [name]Ashley[/name] has been used on a boy that it has become fairly common knowledge that [name]Ashley[/name] is a girls name. But it just has me wondering, will names like [name]Ben[/name] and [name]Mike[/name] soon also be considered unisex names?

[name]Hi[/name] bounceparty! Some unusual girls names I like are:
[name]Aimee[/name]
[name]Alaia[/name] ([name]Al[/name]-eye-ah)
[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Anamaria[/name]
[name]Aria[/name]
[name]Ava[/name]
[name]Availia[/name]
[name]Celie[/name] (See-lee)- This is my favorite name!!!
[name]Chloe[/name]
[name]Cyra[/name] (See-ra)
[name]Eira[/name] (Eye-ra)
[name]Ella[/name]
[name]Emilie[/name]
[name]Eva[/name]
[name]Harper[/name]
[name]Julia[/name]
[name]Kendra[/name]
[name]Krista[/name]/[name]Kristie[/name]
[name]Lily[/name]
[name]Lucie[/name]/[name]Lucy[/name]
[name]Mia[/name]
[name]Nora[/name]- my other favorite name!
[name]Rosa[/name]
[name]Seraphina[/name]
[name]Stephanie[/name]
[name]Verity[/name]
[name]Viveca[/name]
[name]Waverly[/name]
Yanika
[name]Zoe[/name]

cew1114- Thanks, thats a really good list. My name is [name]Chloe[/name]! I also love the name [name]Ava[/name], but hate how it is so popular right now!

So I was just wondering what everyone thought of these names as a sibset-
[name]Molly[/name], [name]Leo[/name], [name]Benjamin[/name] and [name]Olivia[/name]. “Molls, [name]Lee[/name], [name]Ben[/name] and [name]Olive[/name]”

The only problem is, i’m not a huge fan of those girls names. Could anyone give suggestions as to what other girls names would go well with the boys’? Ps. [name]Do[/name] you think [name]Noah[/name] oculd fit in that set?

[name]Molly[/name], [name]Leo[/name], [name]Benjamin[/name] and [name]Olivia[/name]. “Molls, [name]Lee[/name], [name]Ben[/name] and [name]Olive[/name]” - I like the names but not the nicknames that you have exept for [name]Ben[/name]. I think [name]Lee[/name] is also good, but only for a nickname that you call your kid. I really don’t like Molls or [name]Olive[/name]!

Could anyone give suggestions as to what other girls names would go well with the boys? [name]Cassidy[/name], [name]Elissa[/name], [name]Jayme[/name]/[name]Jamie[/name], [name]Amy[/name], [name]Caroline[/name]

[name]Do[/name] you think [name]Noah[/name] oculd fit in that set? Yes I do

Hey everyone! The name of the day is:

Name: [name]Savannah[/name]

So what do you think of [name]Savannah[/name]? It isn’t one of my personal favourites, but I guess it’s okay.