My Girl's List needs your help!

Please tell me what you like and don’t like :slight_smile: I appreciate your opinions!

[name]Lena[/name]

[name]Julia[/name]

[name]Juliana[/name]

[name]Genevieve[/name]

[name]Elaina[/name]

[name]Clara[/name]

[name]Claire[/name]

[name]Alexandra[/name]

[name]Lily[/name]

[name]Livy[/name]

[name]Scarlett[/name]

[name]Karolina[/name]

[name]Grace[/name]

[name]Cecelia[/name]

[name]Lydia[/name]

[name]Hope[/name] this helps! See below. My favorites are [name]Julia[/name], [name]Clara[/name], and [name]Lydia[/name]. All best!

[name]Lena[/name] - beautiful short and sweet name that I like well. Does pose some prn challenges as there are (at least) 3 plausible ones - Leh - na, [name]Lay[/name] - na, and [name]Lee[/name] - na. I like them all. I do kind of feel like I want it to be part of something longer, like [name]Helena[/name] or [name]Elena[/name] or [name]Marlena[/name] or [name]Selena[/name] or [name]Magdalena[/name].

[name]Julia[/name] - [name]LOVE[/name]! Beautiful classic.

[name]Juliana[/name] - nice, but feels more like extra sounds after [name]Julia[/name], mostly. Since I think this form is more common among Spanish speakers, I kind of look at it and assume Hoo-lee-ahn-a, which is fine, just may not (or may?) be what you’re going for.

[name]Genevieve[/name] - pretty and lovely but more French than most of your list? So many nickname options are nice. I kind of feel like this one might become dated, but not as badly as more popular names of course. [name]Just[/name] a pet theory of mine. [name]Geneva[/name], [name]Ginevra[/name]?

[name]Elaina[/name] - this is nice but I want it to be [name]Elena[/name] or [name]Helena[/name] or [name]Elaine[/name], the spelling feels off. [name]Elena[/name] called [name]Lena[/name]?

[name]Clara[/name] - lovely!

[name]Claire[/name] - nice but I think it’s getting to be very popular if you care. [name]Clara[/name] is a little more distinct I think.

[name]Alexandra[/name] - lovely but I think also getting to be overused if you care.

[name]Lily[/name] - Ditto [name]Alexandra[/name] and [name]Claire[/name]. [name]Lila[/name] seems fresher to me although also trendy in its way.

[name]Livy[/name] - Hmm. [name]Way[/name] more nicknamey than your others? [name]Even[/name] moreso than [name]Lena[/name]. Unless there’s a history I’m missing - even then it must not be a well-known one? I don’t care for it on its own. [name]Olivia[/name] nn [name]Livy[/name] is lovely although of course heavily used right now. [name]Olive[/name] nn [name]Livy[/name]? I’m not wild about [name]Olive[/name] but it gets lots of love here : D. [name]Oliva[/name] (O - [name]LEE[/name]- va) is darling although I think everyone will read it and say [name]Olivia[/name]. [name]Liv[/name], just [name]Liv[/name], is a great Scandinavian name, but because of [name]Olivia[/name] now also has a nickname-y feel, and it’s also tied to the celebrity. [name]Livia[/name] is a real name with a different history than [name]Olivia[/name], although it’s kind of got the same problem every other name has with being so close to it. [name]Livana[/name] is a Hebrew name meaning moon that I think is gorgeous, and more distinct. [name]Lavinia[/name] could plausibly be nn’d [name]Livy[/name] to my ear. Any of these work for you? I think any are an improvement, and [name]Livana[/name] might be the best bet to my ears and eyes.

[name]Scarlett[/name] - intriguing but a lot stronger than a lot of your choices. I think it has potential to go dated if you care. It’s getting a bump from [name]Scarlett[/name] Johansson and [name]Charlotte[/name]. [name]Charlotte[/name] is very trendy of course, but is the more timeless name I would say. I do think it’s cute that [name]Scarlett[/name] could be nn’d [name]Ettie[/name] or [name]Lettie[/name] or [name]Etta[/name].

[name]Karolina[/name] - I far prefer it spelled [name]Carolina[/name]. Is there a family reason for this spelling? You seem to go for more traditional spellings elsewhere usually (some exceptions). I also think [name]Caroline[/name] is more timeless, although [name]Carolina[/name]/[name]Karolina[/name] is very pretty.

[name]Grace[/name] - [name]Lovely[/name] and elegant and simple and pleasing, although feeling ever so slightly tired to me (but more as a middle name than a first). I feel like [name]Hope[/name] is a little fresher if you’re looking for a virtue name alternative.

[name]Cecelia[/name] - I prefer the spelling [name]Cecilia[/name], again is there a strong reason for this one? It’s a great name either way.

[name]Lydia[/name] - [name]Love[/name]! Very classic and pretty and works on a girl or woman.

[name]Hi[/name] Reedster, here are my opinions on your name list. My faves are in bold. Good luck!
[name]Lena[/name] - I’ve just recently grown fond of this name and love the European pronunciation of “lay-nah”. It can stand on its own but I also like it as a nn for [name]Helena[/name] and [name]Magdalena[/name].
[name]Julia[/name] - Nice but nothing outstanding
[name]Juliana[/name] - It gives [name]Julia[/name] a little kick but I prefer the Shakespearean name [name]Juliet[/name].
[name]Genevieve[/name] - Gorgeous French gem - very classy! [name]Love[/name] it! Also love the Italian form [name]Ginevra[/name] as well as [name]Geneva[/name].
[name]Elaina[/name] - OK but prefer the Spanish spelling of [name]Elena[/name].
[name]Clara[/name] - one of my favorite vintage names for girls. [name]Lovely[/name]!
[name]Claire[/name] - short, sweet and simple but getting popular!
[name]Alexandra[/name] - Classic name with royal connections.
[name]Lily[/name] - I love [name]Lily[/name] but it’s very popular. [name]Ah[/name], who cares? If you love a name, choose it!
[name]Livy[/name] - No, it’s just a nn for [name]Olivia[/name] or [name]Olive[/name] for me.
[name]Scarlett[/name] - Personally, I would never call any daughter this name (eg. scarlet woman, scarlet fever…). Not my taste.
[name]Karolina[/name] - I love [name]Carolina[/name] (with a “c”) or [name]Caroline[/name]. Unless you’re [name]German[/name] or it’s a family name, the “c” spelling is more classy.
[name]Grace[/name] - [name]Love[/name] this virtue name but it’s so popular that many people are turning against it even in the middle spot. You really can’t go wrong with it though as far as I’m concerned.
[name]Cecelia[/name] - Unless you’re Italian, I would spell it [name]Cecilia[/name]. My fave is the antique gem, [name]Cecily[/name].
[name]Lydia[/name] - This is a fave of many Nameberries and it’s a Biblical name. It’s a nice enough name but nothing terribly exciting for me.

[name]Lena[/name] - pretty and simple, though I prefer it as a nickname, it still makes a fine stand alone name.

[name]Julia[/name] - Another simple beauty.

[name]Juliana[/name] - I love this. I’m into frilly names and this fits the bill for me.

[name]Genevieve[/name] - love this one, too.

[name]Elaina[/name] - my cousins name is [name]Elaina[/name], spelled the same. I prefer it without the I, as [name]Elena[/name], but it’s a really pretty name either way and it ages very nicely - she’s 16 and it fits her as well now as it did when she was a little girl.

[name]Clara[/name] - pretty, a bit one the short, plain side for me, but still a nice name.

[name]Claire[/name] - I love [name]Claire[/name]! Not my usual style (which is long and frilly). Its very feminine, but still strong and classic.

[name]Alexandra[/name] - I love this in theory, it’s just never been high on my list for some reason, I like [name]Alessandra[/name] more as a first name. I love the letter X, so I don’t know why I can neevr fully warm up to this one.

[name]Lily[/name] - pretty, I’ve always loved it, but being the extravagant namer that I am, I always end up with something like [name]Liliane[/name], Lilevi or [name]Lilia[/name] on my list.

[name]Livy[/name] - a sweet nickname, but I don’t think it makes a great stand alone name. [name]Livia[/name], [name]Olivia[/name], Liviana, [name]Lavinia[/name], [name]Olive[/name] or even just [name]Liv[/name] would be a nice full name. (I know [name]Liv[/name] probably doesn’t make sense, but I think it has a smart sensibility about it that [name]Livy[/name] lacks…)

[name]Scarlett[/name] - I WANT to love [name]Scarlett[/name] and I really do appreciate her, I just have never warmed up to her, or [name]Charlotte[/name] for that matter. I think it’s the strong AR sounds in them. It’s a lovely name none the less.

[name]Karolina[/name] - care-oh-leen-ah? I love that pronunciation and while I usually hate K’s, I think it works best here since [name]Carolina[/name] looks like the state.

[name]Grace[/name] - simple, classic, timeless beauty. There is absolutely no fault in this name, especially in the first name spot.

[name]Cecelia[/name] - very pretty. I prefer [name]Cecily[/name], but that’s me making everything over the top, lol.

[name]Lydia[/name] - I’ve always loved [name]Lydia[/name]. It seems longer when said out loud than it does on paper, but I just adore the sound.

All in all, a very pretty list.

I will try to be honost but not harsh:

[name]Lena[/name]- I like [name]Lena[/name] but as a nn for [name]Elena[/name]. (I also like [name]Lana[/name])

[name]Julia[/name] - I do love [name]Julia[/name] but I had friends named [name]Julia[/name] growing up so it sounds dated to me.

[name]Juliana[/name]- I adore this name and the sound of this name!

[name]Genevieve[/name] - I am not a fan of this name because I am never sure how to pronounce it and people get made when I pronounce it wrong (ie [name]Jen[/name]-uh-vee-ve or [name]Jen[/name]-vee-ev)

[name]Elaina[/name] - Awesome name!

[name]Clara[/name] - I adore [name]Clara[/name] so sweet.

[name]Claire[/name] - I also adore this name but I like [name]Clara[/name] a bit better.

[name]Alexandra[/name] - sounds a bit dated but still a nice name.

[name]Lily[/name] - I seriously considered this name for my daughter so I def love it.

[name]Livy[/name] - I prefer [name]Olivia[/name] nn [name]Livy[/name] just to be able to give a full name.

[name]Scarlett[/name] - I used to love this name but it is sounding harsh to me now.

[name]Karolina[/name] - I prefer [name]Carolina[/name] personally.

[name]Grace[/name] - I love this name.

[name]Cecelia[/name] - not a fan.

[name]Lydia[/name] - We have such a similar taste in names, this is going to be my little girls name!

[name]Hi[/name]! I’ll be honest but fair & nice too.

[name]Lena[/name] - I like [name]Lena[/name]. Sweet. Inprefer her as a nickname for [name]Helen[/name]/a but she’s ffine on her own.

[name]Julia[/name] - A classy choice. [name]Julia[/name]'s a classic, and a rather timeless choice. [name]Truly[/name] lovely.

[name]Juliana[/name] - too frilly for me. Funny, I like other ‘frilly’ names ([name]Francesca[/name] comes to mind), but Ii prefer simple [name]Julia[/name].

[name]Genevieve[/name] - Gorgeous, Utterly gorgeous. One warning, my daughter has a [name]Genevieve[/name] in her first grade class, and everyone (except the teacher!) has trouble spelling her name. I expect that to iron itself out by next year, but thought I’d mention it just the same.

[name]Elaina[/name] - I prefer [name]Elena[/name] and [name]Elaine[/name] over [name]Elaina[/name], which seems unnecessarily complicated.

[name]Clara[/name] - So sweet & fresh - faced! I know a British [name]Clara[/name] who’s about 5 now. I think it’s so lovely.

[name]Claire[/name] - spunky & classic. A can’t go wrong choice, like [name]Julia[/name]!

[name]Alexandra[/name] - Is super saturated in some areas, but it’s still a gorgeous name.

[name]Lily[/name] - Another name that seems super popular. [name]Lilias[/name] is Scottish and fresher, I think.

[name]Livy[/name] - too nicknamey. Simple [name]Liv[/name] is better,thenyou can call her [name]Livy[/name] for short!

[name]Karolina[/name] - Not bad. Less problems with pronuunciation spelled with a ‘K’, but I still like the looks of [name]Carolina[/name] better. Better still: simple, classy [name]Caroline[/name].

[name]Grace[/name] - sweet and refreshing up front. A bit tired and boring in the middle. (I like [name]Grace[/name] [name]Alexandra[/name] myself).

[name]Cecelia[/name] - [name]Cecilia[/name],please.It’s thee feminization of [name]Cecil[/name],so that second ‘e’ kills me, makes me want to gouge my eyes out with a spork.

[name]Lydia[/name] - A lovely name coming up in popularity, deservedly. I personally sing “[name]Lydia[/name], the tattooed lady” by Groucho [name]Marx[/name] everytime I see it,but don’t let me stop you, it’s a gorgeous name.

Good luck!