My long list

I’d like some opinions on my current list. The first 2 are the ones I’d use on real children, and then the rest are just names that I like. I also have tentative Hebrew names (what they’d go by at Hebrew school) next to them (transliterated into [name_f]English[/name_f]).

[name_u]Elliott[/name_u] [name_m]Stan[/name_m] “[name_u]Elie[/name_u]” or “[name_u]Lee[/name_u]” – [name_m]Eliyahu[/name_m] [name_u]Shai[/name_u]
[name_f]Estelle[/name_f] [name_f]Susanna[/name_f] “Esty” or “[name_f]Stelle[/name_f]” – [name_f]Ester[/name_f] [name_f]Shoshana[/name_f]

[name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] [name_u]Asher[/name_u] “[name_m]Nate[/name_m]” – Netanel [name_u]Asher[/name_u]
[name_m]Xavier[/name_m] [name_m]Leo[/name_m] – Chayim [name_u]Ari[/name_u]
[name_m]Rafferty[/name_m] [name_m]Lawson[/name_m] “[name_m]Rafi[/name_m]” – [name_m]Rafael[/name_m] [name_m]Lev[/name_m]
[name_m]Raphael[/name_m] [name_m]David[/name_m] “[name_m]Rafi[/name_m]” – [name_m]Rafael[/name_m] [name_m]David[/name_m]
[name_m]Malachi[/name_m] [name_u]Jonah[/name_u] – [name_m]Malachi[/name_m] [name_m]Yonah[/name_m]
[name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] [name_u]Ira[/name_u] “[name_u]Nico[/name_u]” – Amichai [name_u]Ira[/name_u] (Is it weird to use [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] if I’m Jewish? I just like the sound)
[name_m]Oscar[/name_m] [name_m]Steven[/name_m] – [name_m]Oz[/name_m] [name_m]Ravid[/name_m]
[name_m]Levi[/name_m] [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] – [name_m]Levi[/name_m] [name_m]Binyamin[/name_m]
[name_m]Silas[/name_m] [name_m]Eliezer[/name_m] – [name_m]Shimon[/name_m] [name_m]Eliezer[/name_m]

[name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]Annelise[/name_f] “[name_u]Josie[/name_u]” – [name_u]Yehudit[/name_u] [name_f]Hannah[/name_f]
[name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_f]Eva[/name_f] “[name_f]Maisie[/name_f]” – [name_f]Margalit[/name_f] [name_f]Eve[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] [name_u]Arden[/name_u] – [name_m]Vered[/name_m] or Nitzan [name_f]Aliya[/name_f]
[name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] – [name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_f]Sara[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucille[/name_f] [name_f]Naomi[/name_f] “[name_f]Lucy[/name_f]” – [name_f]Keren[/name_f] [name_f]Naomi[/name_f]
[name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f] “[name_f]Lila[/name_f]” – [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_f]Rut[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Eliora[/name_f] - [name_f]Sigal[/name_f] Eliyora
[name_f]Cassandra[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f] “[name_f]Cassie[/name_f]” – [name_f]Hila[/name_f] [name_m]Ron[/name_m]
[name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Miriam[/name_f] – [name_f]Keren[/name_f] [name_f]Miryam[/name_f]

Opinions? Maybe sibsets if you’re inspired? I just need an outside perspective.

I really love your list!

These are my faves:

Boys

[name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] [name_u]Asher[/name_u] / Netanel [name_u]Asher[/name_u] – This sounds so handsome and distinguished. I will never, ever get bored of [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m], and [name_u]Asher[/name_u] is a real favourite of mine too.

[name_m]Raphael[/name_m] [name_m]David[/name_m] “[name_m]Rafi[/name_m]” / [name_m]Rafael[/name_m] [name_m]David[/name_m] – [name_m]Raphael[/name_m] is a gorgeous name, and [name_m]Rafi[/name_m] is such a cool nickname!

[name_m]Levi[/name_m] [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] / [name_m]Levi[/name_m] [name_m]Binyamin[/name_m] – These two flow really nicely together, and as with the two above, I like that the Hebrew name is very close to the [name_f]English[/name_f] name.

[name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] [name_u]Ira[/name_u] “[name_u]Nico[/name_u]” / Amichai [name_u]Ira[/name_u] – I don’t see a problem with using [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] if you’re Jewish. Maybe [name_m]Nicolai[/name_m], to mirror the ending of Amichai more closely and take it further away from the saint? LOVE Amichai, by the way, and [name_u]Ira[/name_u] is such a great underused gem.

[name_m]Silas[/name_m] [name_m]Eliezer[/name_m] / [name_m]Shimon[/name_m] [name_m]Eliezer[/name_m] – All lovely soft-yet-strong names, and they flow nicely together.

Girls

[name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_f]Eve[/name_f] / [name_f]Margalit[/name_f] [name_f]Eve[/name_f] – I especially love [name_f]Margalit[/name_f] [name_f]Eve[/name_f], so gorgeous! [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_f]Eva[/name_f] is beautifully classic too, and sweet [name_f]Maisie[/name_f] really freshens it up.

[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] [name_u]Arden[/name_u] – This is very pretty, and a really great balance between uber-girly ([name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]) and tailored ([name_u]Arden[/name_u]). I prefer [name_m]Vered[/name_m] of your two Hebrew options – means [name_f]Rose[/name_f], I think? Very pretty.

[name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f] / [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_f]Rut[/name_f] – Again, I love how close this is in both languages. And [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] “[name_f]Lila[/name_f]” is just great fun, so sweet, quirky and lively.

[name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Miriam[/name_f] / [name_f]Keren[/name_f] [name_f]Miryam[/name_f] – [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Miriam[/name_f] feels very soft and quietly sophisticated, beautiful combo!

[name_f]My[/name_f] BBGG sibset from these names would be:

[name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] [name_u]Asher[/name_u]
[name_m]Raphael[/name_m] [name_m]David[/name_m]
[name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_f]Eve[/name_f]
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f] (mixed the last one up a bit to match the longer, underused traditional FN + short, Hebrew classic MN pattern of the other three).

Yeah, [name_m]Vered[/name_m] means rose. I’m half and half between [name_m]Vered[/name_m] and Nitzan (which means “flower bud”) so for now both options will stay on the list. I also really love [name_m]Nicolai[/name_m] (and [name_m]Nikolai[/name_m], and Nikolay, and [name_m]Kolya[/name_m], but my family is more Polish than Russian and my mom would think it’s weird. Oh well :slight_smile:). [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f] is also really pretty!

1 Like

[name_u]Love[/name_u] your list!

[name_f]My[/name_f] favorites are:

[name_f]Estelle[/name_f] [name_f]Susanna[/name_f] > [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] is one of my favorite names and paired with [name_f]Susanna[/name_f] makes the name so elegant! Esty/[name_f]Estie[/name_f] and [name_f]Stelle[/name_f] are great nicknames but I can’t use either of those. Would [name_f]Tilly[/name_f] or [name_f]Essie[/name_f] (Ezzy) work?

[name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] [name_u]Asher[/name_u] > [name_u]Strong[/name_u] names but sweet at the same time, LOVE it!

[name_m]Xavier[/name_m] [name_m]Leo[/name_m] > [name_m]Leo[/name_m] adds a very soft touch to the name in general, I love it!

[name_m]Oscar[/name_m] [name_m]Steven[/name_m] > [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] is unique here but I love love it!

[name_m]Levi[/name_m] [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] > Totally in love with this combo!!!

[name_m]Silas[/name_m] [name_m]Eliezer[/name_m] > I’ve never heard of [name_m]Eliezer[/name_m] before but it totally works with [name_m]Silas[/name_m] and I love it!

[name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]Annelise[/name_f] > SO elegant, classy, vintage-feels and cute! [name_m]Can[/name_m] you tell I love it? Haha

[name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_f]Eva[/name_f] > The nickname [name_f]Maisie[/name_f] is super sweet! [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] and [name_f]Eva[/name_f] are favorites of mine so paired together, it couldn’t get better! It is also so “chic” in a good way!

[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] [name_u]Arden[/name_u] > I love the combo of a very feminine with a unisex name and those two work perfectly together!

[name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f] > [name_f]Lila[/name_f] is a perfect for [name_f]Delilah[/name_f]! [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f] sounds sophisticated and refined!

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Eliora[/name_f] > Oh my goodness! This name!!! [name_f]Violet[/name_f] is a favorite of mine and [name_f]Eliora[/name_f] is new to me but I just fell in love with it!

[name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Miriam[/name_f] > So distinguished and delicate! [name_f]Clara[/name_f] is one of my favorite!

By the way, I love all the Hebrew names, I’m not used to Hebrew names but they really are great!!

I love seeing how they translate to Hebrew:)

[name_u]Elliott[/name_u] [name_m]Stan[/name_m] “[name_u]Elie[/name_u]” or “[name_u]Lee[/name_u]” – [name_m]Eliyahu[/name_m] [name_u]Shai[/name_u]
Soft, classic but fresh feeling! I love the Hebrew too

[name_f]Estelle[/name_f] [name_f]Susanna[/name_f] “Esty” or “[name_f]Stelle[/name_f]” – [name_f]Ester[/name_f] [name_f]Shoshana[/name_f]
Gorgeous and celestial. I love Esty

[name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] [name_u]Asher[/name_u] “[name_m]Nate[/name_m]” – Netanel [name_u]Asher[/name_u]
[name_f]Lovely[/name_f] and cheerful

[name_m]Xavier[/name_m] [name_m]Leo[/name_m] – Chayim [name_u]Ari[/name_u]
Bold and brilliant

[name_m]Rafferty[/name_m] [name_m]Lawson[/name_m] “[name_m]Rafi[/name_m]” – [name_m]Rafael[/name_m] [name_m]Lev[/name_m]
This feels so fresh and lively

[name_m]Raphael[/name_m] [name_m]David[/name_m] “[name_m]Rafi[/name_m]” – [name_m]Rafael[/name_m] [name_m]David[/name_m]
Sleek and stunning

[name_m]Malachi[/name_m] [name_u]Jonah[/name_u] – [name_m]Malachi[/name_m] [name_m]Yonah[/name_m]
[name_u]Love[/name_u] it -peaceful and calm

[name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] [name_u]Ira[/name_u] “[name_u]Nico[/name_u]” – Amichai [name_u]Ira[/name_u] (Is it weird to use [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] if I’m Jewish? I just like the sound)
Since you have the hebrew alternative, i think using [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] is fine. [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] [name_u]Ira[/name_u] isnt my favourite though i do love [name_u]Ira[/name_u]

[name_m]Oscar[/name_m] [name_m]Steven[/name_m] – [name_m]Oz[/name_m] [name_m]Ravid[/name_m]
[name_m]Oscar[/name_m] is brilliant- Im not a huge fan of [name_m]Steven[/name_m] but they flow well

[name_m]Levi[/name_m] [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] – [name_m]Levi[/name_m] [name_m]Binyamin[/name_m]
These feel reaply cohesive together

[name_m]Silas[/name_m] [name_m]Eliezer[/name_m] – [name_m]Shimon[/name_m] [name_m]Eliezer[/name_m]
[name_u]Love[/name_u] this - brilliant combo

[name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]Annelise[/name_f] “[name_u]Josie[/name_u]” – [name_u]Yehudit[/name_u] [name_f]Hannah[/name_f]
[name_f]Regal[/name_f] and grand yet gentle

[name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_f]Eva[/name_f] “[name_f]Maisie[/name_f]” – [name_f]Margalit[/name_f] [name_f]Eve[/name_f]
I love how [name_f]Maisie[/name_f] and [name_f]Eva[/name_f] add something vibrant to [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]. I love [name_f]Margalit[/name_f] too

[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] [name_u]Arden[/name_u] – [name_m]Vered[/name_m] or Nitzan [name_f]Aliya[/name_f]
Nice mix of gentle and harder sounds, of frills and earthyness

[name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] – [name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_f]Sara[/name_f]
[name_f]Lovely[/name_f] combo

[name_f]Lucille[/name_f] [name_f]Naomi[/name_f] “[name_f]Lucy[/name_f]” – [name_f]Keren[/name_f] [name_f]Naomi[/name_f]
Sleek and pretty

[name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f] “[name_f]Lila[/name_f]” – [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_f]Rut[/name_f]
[name_f]Lyrical[/name_f] and lovely

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Eliora[/name_f] - [name_f]Sigal[/name_f] Eliyora
I adore these two together. Brilliant and bright

[name_f]Cassandra[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f] “[name_f]Cassie[/name_f]” – [name_f]Hila[/name_f] [name_m]Ron[/name_m]
[name_u]Love[/name_u] sweet [name_f]Cassie[/name_f]

[name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Miriam[/name_f] – [name_f]Keren[/name_f] [name_f]Miryam[/name_f]
Clear bright and lovely