My New Names

Hello everyone!
Although I don’t think they overtake my old favourites, I’d really like your opinions on a few names that have recently crept onto my list!

[name_f]Cleocharia[/name_f] (cleo-CAR-ee-ah)
Cleophée
[name_f]Lilac[/name_f]-[name_u]Blue[/name_u] (I thought of this is a CAF game, and I kind of adore it)
[name_f]Elspeth[/name_f]-[name_f]Moon[/name_f]
[name_f]Abyssinia[/name_f]
[name_f]Electra[/name_f]
[name_f]Ginevra[/name_f]
edit: forgot [name_f]Lottie[/name_f] but I’d like a full version and Charlotte doesn’t really do it for me - any suggestions?
edit 2: How do you feel about Avelot nn Lottie?

And a couple that aren’t new, but have been climbing up my shortlist:
[name_f]Artemisia[/name_f]
[name_f]Apollonia[/name_f]
[name_f]Hecate[/name_f]
[name_f]Dulcinea[/name_f]
[name_f]Boudicca[/name_f]

What would you rate them?
How would you rank them?
[name_m]Can[/name_m] you think of any good nicknames, besides the obvious?
What would you use as middles?
[name_f]Do[/name_f] you prefer the hyphenated ones with or without hyphens?
[name_m]Just[/name_m] give me all of your thoughts!
Thanks in advance!
~ [name_u]Pip[/name_u]

ranked in order from favourite to least favourite: (with ratings and nicknames)

Elspeth-[name_f]Moon[/name_f]- 9.5/10 ([name_f]Elsie[/name_f], [name_f]Elsa[/name_f]) I [name_f]Adore[/name_f] this!
[name_f]Electra[/name_f] - 9/10 ([name_u]Echo[/name_u], [name_u]Lex[/name_u]) So cool and romantic.
[name_f]Ginevra[/name_f] - 9/10 ([name_f]Ginny[/name_f], [name_f]Evie[/name_f], [name_f]Evvy[/name_f], [name_f]Gigi[/name_f], [name_f]Gina[/name_f])
[name_f]Appolonia[/name_f] - 8/10 ([name_f]Apple[/name_f], [name_f]Lola[/name_f], [name_f]Nia[/name_f],)
[name_f]Artemisia[/name_f] - 7/10 ([name_f]Missie[/name_f], [name_m]Artie[/name_m], [name_f]Sia[/name_f])
[name_f]Lilac[/name_f]-[name_u]Blue[/name_u] - 6.5/10 ([name_f]Lila[/name_f], [name_f]Lilou[/name_f]) the only thing that puts me off is that they’re both colours but sound wise i love it!
[name_f]Hecate[/name_f] - 6.5/10 ([name_f]Hetty[/name_f], [name_f]Hattie[/name_f])
[name_f]Dulcinea[/name_f] - 6/10 ([name_f]Dulcie[/name_f], [name_f]Issie[/name_f])
Abyssina - 5/10 reminds me of [name_f]Abyssinia[/name_f] the old name for Ethiopia. I don’t love the sound. ([name_f]Issie[/name_f], [name_f]Nina[/name_f])
[name_f]Boudicca[/name_f] - 5/10 A great namesake just don’t love the sound.
[name_f]Cleocharia[/name_f] - 4/10 ([name_f]Cleo[/name_f], [name_m]Leo[/name_m], [name_f]Aria[/name_f]) I’m really not a fan of [name_f]Cleo[/name_f] names.
Cleophée 3/10 ([name_f]Cleo[/name_f], [name_m]Leo[/name_m], [name_f]Fia[/name_f]) [name_m]Just[/name_m] not a big fan of the sound

overall your list is lovely and your name styke is so beautiful!! I adore it :heart:

1 Like

[name_f]Cleocharia[/name_f] - 7/10 - I don’t generally like names that are “over the top” but I really like this for some reason.

Cleophée - 4/10 - I feel like the name is just an afterthought (I know it isn’t it just sounds like it) and you are just trying to get to the nn [name_f]Cleo[/name_f]

[name_f]Lilac[/name_f]-[name_u]Blue[/name_u] - 8/10 - I don’t generally like hyphenated names but this is just beautiful, and so calming

[name_f]Elspeth[/name_f]-[name_f]Moon[/name_f] - 2/10 - I really don’t like this. The name [name_f]Elspeth[/name_f] sounds super dusty to me, and that’s usually fine but I just don’t see anything attractive about it. [name_f]Moon[/name_f] seems like an afterthought, and the names are the exact opposite of eachother. Why take an antique name and stick a hippyish word name on the end of it?

Abyssina - 5/10 - it’s ok, and making words into names is usually fine for me, but it sounds kind of clunky and slapped together. I feel like Chasmina is next…,

Electra - 7/10 - I actually like this, but it doesn’t seem super usable, at least for me. It’s super spunky which I love. nn [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] or [name_u]Lexi[/name_u]

Ginevra - 5/10 - it’s okay, just not my style. I don’t especially love [name_f]Gin[/name_f]/Ginny names, but that’s just preference.

1 Like
  • Cleocharia - 7/10 - Very cool, but I worry the pronunciation would be difficult. [name_f]Cleo[/name_f], [name_f]Clea[/name_f], [name_m]Leo[/name_m], Cici, [name_f]Cari[/name_f], or [name_f]Ria[/name_f] could be nicknames.
  • Cleophée - 2/10 - I don’t love the look of “ophée” personally, so I don’t like this one.
  • Lilac-[name_u]Blue[/name_u] - 4/10 - I like the sound, but it sounds like a paint color to me. I would prefer [name_f]Lilah[/name_f]-[name_u]Blue[/name_u] or [name_f]Lilac[/name_f]-[name_f]Belle[/name_f].
  • Elspeth-[name_f]Moon[/name_f] - 8/10 - Super cool and elegant! It’s haunting in a good way.
  • Abyssinia - 3/10 - I feel like “abyss” isn’t a great association for a name to have, and it’s a bit heavy.
  • Electra - 7/10 - I like this! It’s cool and modern and I picture lightning.
  • Ginevra - 6/10 - It’s a bit [name_u]Harry[/name_u] [name_m]Potter[/name_m], but I like the name and it has great nickname options! [name_f]Ginny[/name_f] and [name_u]Nev[/name_u] are both super sweet and spunky.

• Artemisia - 9/10 - I love this! So pretty and feisty. [name_m]Art[/name_m], [name_m]Artie[/name_m], [name_f]Em[/name_f], [name_f]Emmy[/name_f], [name_f]Missy[/name_f], or [name_u]Ari[/name_u] could be nicknames.
  • Appolonia - 7/10 - It’s nice! But, I would prefer [name_f]Apollonia[/name_f] or [name_f]Apollinia[/name_f]. [name_f]Polly[/name_f], [name_u]Loni[/name_u], or [name_f]Nia[/name_f] could be nicknames.
  • Hecate - 5/10 - I don’t love the ‘Heck’ sound, I find it a bit harsh (not because of the word heck, just the sound)
  • Dulcinea - 5/10 - It feels a bit sickly-sweet to me, probably because of the ‘dulci’ sound.
  • Boudicca - 7/10 - Very cool and powerful! Bou or [name_u]Boo[/name_u] could be nicknames, or [name_f]Bee[/name_f].
1 Like

Electra and [name_f]Ginevra[/name_f] are both lovely.

1 Like

Love seeing [name_f]Ginevra[/name_f]! [name_f]Apollonia[/name_f] is great, too.

Have you thought about [name_f]Carlotta[/name_f] for nn [name_f]Lottie[/name_f]?

1 Like

I really like [name_f]Ginevra[/name_f] and [name_f]Artemisia[/name_f]!
[name_f]My[/name_f] favourite full name for nn ‘[name_f]Lottie[/name_f]’ is [name_f]Liselotte[/name_f].

1 Like

Loretta nn [name_f]Lottie[/name_f]?

1 Like

Cleocharia
I really like this. Distinct and bright.
Nicknames could be [name_f]Cece[/name_f], [name_f]Cleo[/name_f], [name_f]Aria[/name_f], [name_f]Ria[/name_f], [name_f]Cia[/name_f], [name_f]Lara[/name_f].
Middle names could be [name_f]Cleocharia[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] or [name_f]Cleocharia[/name_f] [name_f]Juno[/name_f]

Cleophée
This is sweet and unusual
Nn could be [name_f]Clo[/name_f], [name_f]Chloe[/name_f], [name_f]Fifi[/name_f], [name_f]Poppy[/name_f]
Mm coule be Cleophée [name_u]Willow[/name_u] or Cleophée [name_f]Amber[/name_f]

Lilac-Blue
I love [name_f]Lilac[/name_f] and I love [name_u]Blue[/name_u] and while this is quite descriptive, I like the shimmery feel
Nn could be [name_f]Libby[/name_f], [name_f]Lila[/name_f], [name_u]Lou[/name_u]
Mn could be [name_f]Lilac[/name_f]-[name_u]Blue[/name_u] [name_f]Cora[/name_f] or [name_f]Lilac[/name_f]-[name_u]Blue[/name_u] [name_f]Thea[/name_f]

Elspeth-Moon
This is bold and brilliant
Nn could be [name_f]Effie[/name_f], [name_f]Emmy[/name_f], [name_f]Elsie[/name_f], [name_m]Elmo[/name_m]
Mn could be [name_f]Elspeth[/name_f]-[name_f]Moon[/name_f] [name_f]Lara[/name_f] or [name_f]Elspeth[/name_f]-[name_f]Moon[/name_f] [name_f]Aimee[/name_f]

Abyssinia
I don’t really like this. It feels harsh
Nn couls be [name_f]Bia[/name_f], [name_f]Bina[/name_f]
Mn could be [name_f]Abyssinia[/name_f] [name_f]Lyra[/name_f] or Abyssina [name_f]Lois[/name_f]

Electra
[name_f]Electra[/name_f] is bright and bold. I like it
Nn could be [name_f]Elle[/name_f], [name_f]Etta[/name_f], [name_f]Ettie[/name_f]
Mn could be [name_f]Electra[/name_f] [name_u]Blue[/name_u], [name_f]Electra[/name_f] [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]

Ginevra
One of my favourites! Sweet, stylish and literary
Nn could be [name_f]Gia[/name_f], Nevvie, [name_u]Ever[/name_u], [name_f]Gigi[/name_f]
Mn could be [name_f]Ginevra[/name_f] [name_u]Snow[/name_u], [name_f]Ginevra[/name_f] [name_f]Heidi[/name_f], Ginerva [name_f]Hazel[/name_f]

[name_f]Lottie[/name_f]
[name_f]Lottie[/name_f] is sweet and rugged. [name_f]Avelot[/name_f] is inspired but you could also consider [name_f]Ottilie[/name_f], [name_f]Ottoline[/name_f] or [name_f]Loretta[/name_f]

Artemisia
Full of flair and i like the flow
Nn could be [name_f]Missy[/name_f], [name_f]Aria[/name_f], [name_f]Mia[/name_f], [name_f]Mimi[/name_f], [name_f]Tia[/name_f]
Mn could be [name_f]Artemesia[/name_f] [name_f]Gwen[/name_f] or [name_f]Artemisia[/name_f] [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]

Apollonia
Full of flair and boldness
Nn could be [name_f]Polly[/name_f], [name_u]Ollie[/name_u], [name_f]Apple[/name_f], [name_u]Lonnie[/name_u], [name_f]Nia[/name_f]
Mn could be [name_f]Apollonia[/name_f] [name_f]Faith[/name_f] or [name_f]Apollonia[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f]

Hecate
I find this harsh
Nn could be [name_f]Hattie[/name_f], [name_f]Hettie[/name_f] or [name_f]Catie[/name_f]
Mn could be Hectate [name_f]Eloise[/name_f]

Dulcinea
It’s okay but i find it a bit much

Boudicca
Bold and strong
Nn could be [name_u]Boo[/name_u], [name_u]Beau[/name_u], [name_f]Bia[/name_f], [name_f]Bee[/name_f]
Mn could be Boudica [name_f]Lois[/name_f] or [name_f]Boudicca[/name_f] [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]

1 Like