My new top 5 - what are your opinions?

[name]Adeline[/name]
[name]Gemma[/name]
[name]Ada[/name]
[name]Aria[/name]
[name]Clara[/name]

What do you think about these names? I think that my current favorite is [name]Adeline[/name], but I’m a little concerned that it will be too often mispronounced (add-eh-LEEN vs. add-eh-[name]LINE[/name]).

[name]Adeline[/name]- I wouldn’t worry too much about the pronounciation issue. I think the majority of people say add-eh-line, and if they do mistake it, it’s an easy enough correction without a long explantion. And I do like the name. It was on my list at one point but was crossed off because a cousin named her daughter [name]Madeline[/name].
[name]Gemma[/name]- I like [name]Gemma[/name]. I see it on the forums a lot, but I have yet to actually meet a little [name]Gemma[/name].
[name]Ada[/name]- I’m sorry, this name just isn’t my taste. Nothing negative comes to mind when I hear it or read it, but I just don’t like it personally.
[name]Aria[/name]- I think [name]Aria[/name] is a sweet, whimsical kind of name, but not much strength behind it. I get the sweet/whimsical vibe from [name]Gemma[/name] too, but [name]Gemma[/name] has strength to me.
[name]Clara[/name]- This is another name that just doesn’t do it for me. Part of it though is because I know someone with this name that is just not a nice person. I think because of that I can’t really look at the name itself.

[name]Adeline[/name]- This is a cute name! While I don’t think many people would pronounce it wrong, I do think that people would confuse it with [name]Madeline[/name].

[name]Gemma[/name]- When I say this name out loud, to me it feels with something is missing. Other than that, it is an okay name. Cute for a little girl.

[name]Ada[/name]- I love this name! I really want to use it…and I probably will, when I have kids. This name makes me think of some adorable little Amish girl or a cute little country girl. It seems like a down-to-earth name.

[name]Aria[/name]- I love this name too! It has a good meaning (melody), and I want to use this name too. The only thing is, there is an [name]Aria[/name] character on a TV show that is…not really how you would want your daughter to turn out. But by the time your daughter is old enough to watch a TV show like that, the show would probably be cancelled by then.

[name]Clara[/name]- It’s okay. I personally like [name]Claire[/name] better.

Thanks for the replies so far! I wanted to add a name to my list…[name]Alice[/name] - [name]LOVE[/name] it! Also, if you have any other name ideas that you think I may like, let me know.

I like [name]Alice[/name] the best followed by [name]Ada[/name], [name]Adeline[/name] and [name]Clara[/name]. These four names are true classics that have substance. [name]Gemma[/name] and [name]Aria[/name] just can’t compare.

My two favorite girls names in the entire world are [name]Aria[/name] and [name]Adah[/name]!!! Oh my goodness! Those are definitely my favorite off your list, but I like [name]Ada[/name] with an H better. I like [name]Alice[/name] and [name]Gemma[/name] but [name]Clara[/name] is not really my style.

I will be honest most are not my style, but they all are valid names that can be taken seriously in the real world.

My question is with [name]Ada[/name]…to everyone out there, does [name]Ada[/name] have the same [name]FEEL[/name] as [name]Ava[/name]? The two are one letter different. [name]Ada[/name] feels extremely vintage, somewhat foreign to me, while [name]Ava[/name] feels somewhat fresh with a glamour girl appeal. Opinions please?

[name]Ada[/name] definitely has a different image than [name]Ava[/name]. [name]Ada[/name] is an old vintage name (Hebrew: Adorned / Latin: Of noble birth) that was very popular during the Victorian times but died out. [name]Ava[/name] on the other hand is associated with sexy actress [name]Ava[/name] [name]Gardner[/name] in my mind so it has a more contemporary feel. Because it’s so popular, it has a more modern image. I like both but I think I like [name]Ada[/name] a little better.

your top 5 are beautiful. my favorites are [name]Ada[/name], [name]Clara[/name], and [name]Gemma[/name]…although [name]Ada[/name] would make a nice nn for [name]Adeline[/name] as well.