My top names have gotten pretty similar

This probably just means I’ve narrowed it down to specific details I want, which is probably a good thing but due to my grandmother repeatedly stating she believes I will have twins in my childhood I’m almost convinced I will. (TTC not pregnant yet) But due to not wanting to make “matchy twin” names in the event I have them, I always said I’d just use my 1st and/or 2nd choice depending if they’d be the same sex or not. But here I am with my top boy and girl name being [name_m]Phillip[/name_m] [name_m]Owen[/name_m] [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] & [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Renee[/name_f].

[name_m]Phillip[/name_m] & [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] are both greek & contain “ph” but I think still aren’t too matchy but the 4 letter 1st middle starting with O is where I wonder if it’d cross the line. I could always change the boy [name_m]Phillip[/name_m] [name_m]Jacob[/name_m] [name_m]Daniel[/name_m], but I do prefer [name_m]Owen[/name_m].

[name_f]Daphne[/name_f] and [name_m]Phillip[/name_m] complement each other perfectly, and I think sharing a 4-letter starting with O middle name would be a sweet connection between them.

[name_f]My[/name_f] twins have two middle names each, and the first middle starts with the same letter (one has 4 letters while the other has 5) and I love that they share that! Both names were family names and we would have used them anyway, but it tickles me that they share a middle initial.

I don’t think you need to worry at all!

I think they are lovely together very European royalty :crown:

I wouldn’t consider these matchy!

[name_f]Daphne[/name_f] and [name_m]Phillip[/name_m] do share the ‘ph’ but they feel distinct and individual enough and I wouldn’t think too much about the similar first middle.

These ones might feel matchy (Phillip [name_m]Onyx[/name_m] [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] and [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f], or [name_m]Phillip[/name_m] [name_m]Owen[/name_m] [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] and [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Olwen[/name_f] Phyllis) but as they are, they’re not!

I think those are totally fine. I was expecting you to say your #2 choices were [name_m]Phineas[/name_m] and [name_f]Delphine[/name_f] or something but these two combos go great together. The similarities make them feel a like a pair that belong together without being matchy matchy.