Nadia?

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] everyone!

I just wanted to gather some thoughts on the name [name_f]Nadia[/name_f] as I’ve been thinking about her lately!

When I first joined Nameberry, it was one of my favourite names and it sort of just slipped off my radar - not entirely, but it hasn’t been a focus or on my short lists.

I like the meaning (hope) and the sort of gentle but substantial sound. It’s been in the UK top 200 before, but it now sits at #312, so not too popular. (I’ve only ever met one). I came up with [name_f]Nadia[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] as a combo, which I’m enjoying.

Still, something holds me back. Maybe it’s that a friend of my aunts has a daughter called [name_f]Nadia[/name_f] - but I’ve never met this friend and probably won’t meet them and they live in a different country. Maybe it’s because there’s something - I don’t know - not quite sparky and sparkly enough?

So, second opinions! [name_u]Honest[/name_u] thoughts on [name_f]Nadia[/name_f]?

Thank you :heart:

5 Likes

I really like Nadia. I don’t like sparkle in my girl names, more like something that is classic, feminine, and not super popular. E.g., my favourite girl name is Helena.

One thing I like about Nadia is that it has roots in a variety of cultures. Behindthename.com demonstrates this in more detail. That is something I look for in names, too.

I love Nadia and Pearl separately, but I am not sure I like the way they sound together. I just think they have different aesthetics. Pearl has that vintage vibe and was popular only in countries like US, UK, Australia. Nadia is more refined and has more global appeal.

3 Likes

I think [name_f]Nadia[/name_f] is quite a sweet name. I took a Russian class a few months ago at school, and reading the textbook gave me a new appreciation for so many Russian names, [name_f]Nadia[/name_f] included! I personally prefer the [name_f]Nadya[/name_f] and [name_f]Nadja[/name_f] (my favorite!) spellings, but I don’t find any of them unpleasant.

I’m liking your combo of [name_f]Nadia[/name_f] and [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]. [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] brings a romantic, shimmering calmness to spunky, angular [name_f]Nadia[/name_f]! So fresh and snowy feeling to me, which I adore. I think they’re really sweet together. [name_f]Margaret[/name_f], [name_f]Odette[/name_f], [name_f]Yelena[/name_f], [name_u]Winter[/name_u], [name_f]Rosemarie[/name_f], [name_u]Felice[/name_u], [name_f]Leonie[/name_f], and [name_f]Verity[/name_f] are some others I can picture loving in the middle spot!

3 Likes

I really like [name_f]Nadia[/name_f]! The sound and look are lovely. Plus it’s familiar but not popular, classic yet unexpected, internationally known and pronounceable in many languages, feminine but not frilly, and fits any personality— all criteria I like in a name. And I do think it’s sparkly! It’s also both calm and gentle and fiery and spirited at the same time. I love the versatility of this name!

2 Likes

I really like [name_f]Nadia[/name_f]. There’s a air of mystery around it. It’s strong and beautiful.

2 Likes

[name_f]Nadia[/name_f] from The [name_f]Arcana[/name_f] (An [name_f]Otome[/name_f] Game) Always comes to mind!

I think it’s a strong and gorgeous sounding name, and I think of it as a [name_u]Royal[/name_u] Sounding name as [name_f]Nadia[/name_f] (from the game) is a [name_u]Noble[/name_u]

1 Like

I love the name [name_f]Nadia[/name_f]. I immediately think of the Romanian gymnast [name_f]Nadia[/name_f] Comaneci.

2 Likes

I love [name_f]Nadia[/name_f]. It used to be one of my favorites and I still love it today. I think [name_f]Nadia[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] is a stunning combo!

1 Like

I think [name_f]Nadia[/name_f] is a stunning name! The meaning, the sound – everything you mentioned and more add to its appeal. I like that it feels so versatile – rare, yet familiar; foreign, yet accessible/easily pronounced; old, yet not old-fashioned.

And [name_f]Nadia[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]! What a lovely combo! The gentleness of [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] really tempers the strong sounds of [name_f]Nadia[/name_f].

2 Likes

I know a [name_f]Nadia[/name_f] [name_u]Jade[/name_u] and she’s lovely! I think [name_f]Nadia[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] is adorable.

I think [name_f]Nadia[/name_f] is familiar but underused, sweet but firm.

1 Like

I think Nadia Pearl is pure perfection. Probably my favorite combo going around in the forums right now :sparkles::clap:t2:

2 Likes

@turnip thank you for your thoughts - yeah, I like that it feels international and has various origins :slight_smile:

@snowmaiden thank you!! [name_u]Love[/name_u] the way you described the combo! [name_f]Nadia[/name_f] [name_f]Odette[/name_f] and [name_f]Nadia[/name_f] [name_u]Winter[/name_u] are gorgeous too - thank you :slight_smile:

@EagleEyes thank you! I’m glad you think it sparkles - I agree with your description too :heart:

@lovelye thank you!!

@unknownsel thank you! Never heard of that, so I’ll look it up!

@ShelbysMom thank you!! [name_u]Will[/name_u] look her up :slight_smile:

@michelle6942 thank you!!

@elanorelle thank you!! I’m glad you like [name_f]Nadia[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] :slight_smile:

@samosier24 the [name_f]Nadia[/name_f] I knew was lovely too - and [name_f]Nadia[/name_f] [name_u]Jade[/name_u] is cute! Thank you!

@shorie that’s high praise - thank you!!! It was your comment on the name that re-ignited my love for [name_f]Nadia[/name_f] actually!

6 Likes

I love to hear that!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

i absolutely love nadia! it’s such an oceanic name to me, dark waves crashing on a rocky shore. it feels familiar without being too popular, and has such a fun, gentle and punchy sound.

i used to have the combo nadia wren, which i still love!

nadia pearl is such a gorgeous combo! some other off the top of my head are nadia primrose, nadia elspeth, nadia moon, nadia opal, nadia frost, nadia wilder, and nadia fern.

2 Likes

@Ellory love that description!! [name_f]Nadia[/name_f] [name_u]Wren[/name_u] is super cute and I love [name_f]Nadia[/name_f] [name_f]Opal[/name_f], [name_f]Nadia[/name_f] [name_u]Fern[/name_u] and [name_f]Nadia[/name_f] [name_f]Elspeth[/name_f] too :slight_smile: Thank you!

1 Like

I like [name_f]Nadia[/name_f] and would like to meet one.

It doesn’t seem sparkly to me, more soft and gentle.

1 Like

It’s beautiful and uncommon

1 Like

It’s a nice name, very classy and pretty also:
Random fact it’s [name_u]Aidan[/name_u] spelt backwards.

1 Like