Name after MC?

WDYT of using a name that you named your miscarriage (my daughters name is [name_f]Stella[/name_f]) for a MN? Example - [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Stella[/name_f]. Is that bad or cheesy or rude? I was told it was weird and I shouldnt reuse names. But [name_f]Stella[/name_f] isnt here with me, so my next best thing is to use it on my next daughter. If that makes sense.

Other names on my list that Im curious about youre opinion are

[name_f]Poppy[/name_f]
[name_f]Zara[/name_f]
[name_f]Amelie[/name_f]

I’m sorry for your loss. I think you should use the name you love. If it feels special and appropriate for you to include [name_f]Stella[/name_f], it really doesn’t matter if someone else finds it weird.

I like [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] and [name_f]Amelie[/name_f]. [name_f]Zara[/name_f] is ok, but it does immediately make me think of fast fashion.

I am sorry for your lost and if you want to use [name_f]Stella[/name_f] because it is special for you than you should so - I don’t find it rude or weird myself, from your list I really like [name_f]Zara[/name_f] and [name_f]Amelia[/name_f]

I wouldn’t use it as a first, but I don’t think it would be weird to use as a middle… I think it’s a nice way to honor your daughter.

I know people who have done this, and I think it is perfectly fine.

I know of a woman who gave her miscarriage and her second child the same name. No one thought that was weird, so I doubt there’ll be a problem with using it as a middle name!
From most to least favorite:
[name_f]Amelie[/name_f]
[name_f]Poppy[/name_f]
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f]
[name_f]Zara[/name_f]

So sorry to hear of your loss.

I don’t think it would be weird to use the name at all. In a situation like this, I really feel that it’s individual to each person what is appropriate. For some, they might not consider reusing the name and that’s fine. Or they might, and this is also fine. I hope that makes sense. You should go with your heart.

Using [name_f]Stella[/name_f] as a middle would be the same as honouring any other family member - not odd at all.
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Stella[/name_f] is a really beautiful name but I love all of your choices. [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] is so sweet and lovely, [name_f]Zara[/name_f] feels fierce but sweet and I love the bubbliness of [name_f]Poppy[/name_f]. [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] [name_f]Clara[/name_f] is lovely

I think it’s a lovely honour!

I don’t see it as weird at all. My daughter’s middle name is [name_u]Rio[/name_u] as that was the nickname we have to the bump that I ended up miscarrying (we didn’t know if it was a boy or a girl). I think it’s beautiful to honour the little one that didn’t make it.

From your list my favourites are [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] and [name_f]Zara[/name_f], both of which would sound gorgeous with [name_f]Stella[/name_f]!

I see nothing wrong with it. Here are some alternatives if you decide not to tho. ,Stellia pronounced like [name_f]Dellia[/name_f] or Vellia not stel-leah. ,[name_f]Estella[/name_f],Stelaina pron. stel-lane-a.,Stelacey prob stel-lace-ee.,Estellia prob es-tell-ya. ,[name_f]Estrella[/name_f].,Stellis.,

If it makes sense to you, then do it. I’ve known a few who I have. I personally wouldn’t because I feel that name already belongs to another child of yours, but I think it’s okay in the middle. It reminds me of using a mother’s maiden name as a middle for multiple children.

I feel like that can be a beautiful way to honor your baby girl and have something passed on to her little sister. :slight_smile:

I think it’s an awesome idea :). My dad’s brother died before he was born and their parents gave my dad the same first and middle name. I have a friend who’s brother died before he was born as well and his first name was used as my friends middle name. I think it’s a great idea after losing a child - very sorry for your loss and I think it’s a beautiful idea to remember her.

I like [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Stella[/name_f] (if you were considering [name_f]Ivy[/name_f]). I also like [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] [name_f]Stella[/name_f]! [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] is gorgeous however [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] [name_f]Stella[/name_f] doesn’t flow great. Maybe another middle name - [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Stella[/name_f] or [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f] [name_f]Stella[/name_f]?

I think it’s special to use it as a middle name for her sister. I love [name_f]Stella[/name_f].
I love [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] but I personally wouldn’t do [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] due to the double ‘-ee’ ending.

I don’t think it’s that weird, especially since you’re using it as a middle. In the 1700s/1800s/whatever when people tended to have lots of kids, they reused names of the children that died, so I don’t think it’s super out there for you do the same. Naming your next daughter after [name_f]Stella[/name_f] is a lovely idea.

It’s your baby so it really doesn’t matter who thinks it’s rude! There’s nothing wrong with using the name you love if YOU feel comfortable doing so. [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Stella[/name_f] is lovely