Name choices

I’ve never written here before so I’m not exactly sure how to go about it so please bear with me. So I adore the names [name_u]Rex[/name_u] and [name_u]Nyx[/name_u] they’re unusual but I love them, but I’m not necessarily sure they go together if they’re too matchy and maybe sound like twins despite him being her love interest. Should I find another name for [name_u]Rex[/name_u]? If so what should I change it to?

Please give me genuine feedback but be nice, Thank you

1 Like

I do think they’re very similar for love interests. Both are cool names but I think they’re a little matchy.

Maybe [name_u]Rex[/name_u] could change to …
[name_u]Rio[/name_u]
[name_u]Roscoe[/name_u]
[name_u]Ren[/name_u] / [name_u]Wren[/name_u]
[name_u]Rocky[/name_u]
[name_u]Rocco[/name_u]
[name_u]Reed[/name_u] / [name_u]Reid[/name_u]
[name_u]Reese[/name_u] / [name_u]Reece[/name_u] / [name_u]Rhys[/name_u]
[name_u]Reeve[/name_u]

3 Likes

Thank you very much I really appreciate the feedback
I like a few of them Xx

2 Likes

I’m not entirely sure how to pronounce [name_u]Nyx[/name_u], so I might be saying it wrong, but I don’t think they sound too similar. I think they fit nicely together actually!

However, if you wanted another name to go with [name_u]Rex[/name_u] I’d suggest…
[name_u]Rex[/name_u] and [name_u]Axel[/name_u]
[name_u]Rex[/name_u] and [name_m]Jaxon[/name_m]
[name_u]Rex[/name_u] and [name_m]Xavier[/name_m]
[name_u]Rex[/name_u] and [name_m]Maxton[/name_m]
[name_u]Rex[/name_u] and [name_m]Wes[/name_m]
[name_u]Rex[/name_u] and [name_u]Cal[/name_u]
[name_u]Rex[/name_u] and [name_u]Fox[/name_u]
[name_u]Rex[/name_u] and [name_u]Van[/name_u]
[name_u]Rex[/name_u] and [name_m]Kyro[/name_m]
[name_u]Rex[/name_u] and [name_u]Rio[/name_u]

2 Likes

I do think they’re a bit matchy for love interests - while in real life it might just be a laugh, in a book it seems more like the author wanted them to be close, and it might repel some readers (unless perhaps they bond because of their similar names? If you can work it into the plot, it might be okay.)

If you were to change [name_u]Rex[/name_u]:

Farlo
[name_m]Colt[/name_m]
Red/Redding/Redmond
[name_u]Rafe[/name_u]
[name_u]Noel[/name_u]
[name_m]Rafferty[/name_m]
[name_m]Creed[/name_m]
[name_u]Huxley[/name_u]
Oz/Ozzy
[name_u]Ziggy[/name_u]
Orlow

2 Likes

Perhaps ‘Rex’ or ‘Nyx’ are either of their nicknames? I’m not sure what the basis of their storyline is but frankly it could be cute, funny, or just a joke along the story that would be so fun to play with, and the names are unique!
Things like this could be said about them:

‘You two twins or somethin’?” They look at each in disgusted embarrassment/they look completely different and could never be twins and it’s humorous that they’re considered as such.
‘Aww your names match! You’re a match made in heaven!’ They are embarrassed as either they haven’t admitted affection or are denying it.

‘Okay, already lovey dovey nicknames for each other, how SWEET!’ They’re both annoyed at the concept by this point and just roll their eyes.

…or something! I personally love the names! Possibilities of meet cutes or humorous side comments abound :slightly_smiling_face:

Name possibilities:

[name_u]Rex[/name_u] (he’s got a [name_m]Dino[/name_m] tattoo, he likes dinosaurs, he’s a beast, leave it be!)
Reckston (absolutely made up)
[name_u]Rory[/name_u] [name_m]Xavier[/name_m] (initials RX= Rex!)
[name_m]Breccan[/name_m] (sounds like it could lead to [name_u]Rex[/name_u]? Idk)

[name_u]Nyx[/name_u] (goddess of night— leave her alone it’s perfect)
[name_u]Nikki[/name_u]
[name_f]Nicolette[/name_f]
[name_f]Norah[/name_f] [name_f]Ximena[/name_f] (again, NX initials somehow leads to Nyx?)

[name_m]Just[/name_m] suggestions, but I’m alright with [name_u]Rex[/name_u] and [name_u]Nyx[/name_u]! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Sorry I’ve only just seen this, but I absolutely love this thank you so much