Name combos for spiritual couple

Ok, so I have not posted my names on here yet, despite having been lurking around for over a year. However, my fiance and I are getting closer to actually having kids, and I like to be prepared! We know we only want 2, so we’re looking to have 4 possible names chosen, 2 for a boy and 2 for a girl, to cover any potential combination. I want to do this because I don’t want to end up giving a first child a favorite name as a middle name, and then later wish I had kept it as a first name for a second child! Also, I’m pretty sure we’re going to use double middle names.

The only things we are absolutely, 100% certain of are our first choice for a boy’s first name ([name]Salem[/name]), and the middle name of a first daughter ([name]Elizabeth[/name]). Everything else is up in the air. I’ll list the names we both agree on, and so any help with appropriate combos would be wonderful. The last name rhymes with SundELL (stress on the last syllable, starts with s).

We clearly love extremely unusual names, although nn or middle can be more common. Also, quite a few of our names mean “peace”, which we like very much, but don’t know if we have enough to use it as a pattern. We love religion and spirituality, and many of our names have spiritual meanings.

BOYS:
[name]Salem[/name] (nn ?): means peace. [name]Both[/name] of us adore it.
[name]Lazarus[/name] (nn Laz): currently the runner-up for boy’s first names - is there an issue with the “s” end and the “s” beginning of last name?
[name]Haven[/name] (nn ?): works with the “peace” theme. Might be a little too trendy for us, but we both love it.
Velimir (nn Vel?): means “great peace”. Fiance loves it, and it’s growing on me.

Other names we like, possibly as middle names:

Luthier: someone who makes stringed instruments, in honor of my grandfather
[name]Will[/name]: honors both sides
[name]Alistair[/name]: I love it, he likes it but not as a first
[name]Amadei[/name]: Is [name]Salem[/name] [name]Amadei[/name] too much “m”?
[name]Elias[/name]: both love
[name]Galileo[/name]: or possibly Galilei

GIRLS:
Miralai (nn [name]Mira[/name]): a family name, way back on my family tree. “Mir” means peace. I love Miralai [name]Elizabeth[/name].
Corellia (nn [name]Cora[/name]): very special meaning to us, as it’s a [name]Star[/name] Wars name! We first became friends due to our shared SW love. I’m worried [name]Cora[/name] is too common a nickname for me, though, and I despise [name]Cory[/name].
Ahimsa (nn [name]Ama[/name] or [name]Avi[/name]): I know this is a weird name. But it is an ancient spiritual belief of nonviolence toward all living things (peace) and we both love how much meaning it carries. Can the meaning overcome the pronunciation difficulty?
Minaret (nn [name]Min[/name]): He’s not as hot on this as I am, but still likes it. Minarets are the beautiful towers on mosques used to call worshipers to prayer. [name]Min[/name] also has meaning for us, as it’s a character in a book series we read, but I do NOT like [name]Minnie[/name].

Other girl’s names we like for middles:

[name]Elina[/name], [name]Evilyn[/name], [name]Evelina[/name], Elisabella (although this is out if we use [name]Elizabeth[/name], which we certainly will…), [name]Seraphina[/name] (or [name]Seraphine[/name]), [name]Viveca[/name], [name]Lyra[/name] (only pronounced lee-rah - he hates it the other way!).

His mother’s name is [name]Loree[/name], and I would love to be able to honor her in the middle name place with a variant that works with one of our first names.

BOYS:
[name]Salem[/name] (nn ?): I do not like this, it’s just not my style
[name]Lazarus[/name] (nn Laz): I think the nn Laz is very unique and I love it!
[name]Haven[/name] (nn ?): this is my favorite
Velimir (nn Vel?): I do not like this

GIRLS:
Miralai (nn [name]Mira[/name]): love the nn [name]Mira[/name]
Corellia (nn [name]Cora[/name]): [name]Cora[/name] is on my name list, in my area it is not too popular
Ahimsa (nn [name]Ama[/name] or [name]Avi[/name]): I don’t like this, I feel it is too far out there and the pronunciation is difficult. I agree with you though the meaning is great!
Minaret (nn [name]Min[/name]): I don’t like this

My favorites of your names are:
[name]Haven[/name] [name]Elias[/name]
Corellia [name]Elizabeth[/name]

I love the names [name]Seraphina[/name] or [name]Seraphine[/name], have you considered it as a first name?

Here are some other suggestions:
Girls:
[name]Amity[/name] ” friendship, harmony (nn [name]Ami[/name], [name]Amy[/name])
[name]Bliss[/name] ” supreme happiness
[name]Verity[/name] ” truth
[name]Jael[/name]- [name]Jael[/name] is a bringer of justice and a winner of peace.
[name]Thirzah[/name] (th(ir)-zah)- delight, pleasantness, beautiful (I love how [name]Thirzah[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] sounds)
[name]Selima[/name]- african; peace

Boys:
[name]Pax[/name]- peace

[name]Salem[/name] (nn ?): Absolutely love this name! I might be the only one though :lol: I would totally use this as a boys’ name, but my SO hates it. Maybe nn [name]Sam[/name] or [name]Sal[/name]?
[name]Lazarus[/name] (nn Laz): Although [name]LazaruS[/name] Sundell is so close together, I still like [name]Lazarus[/name] for you.
[name]Haven[/name] (nn ?): I prefer [name]Haven[/name] on a girl, though it does work with the peace theme. [name]Haven[/name] and [name]Salem[/name] are a little bit matchy for me.
Velimir (nn Vel?): pronounced VELL-im-eer? Sort of like [name]Vladimir[/name]? It’s okay.

Other names we like, possibly as middle names:

Luthier: Is this pron. Loo-THEER or [name]Luther[/name]? In the MN spot I would keep it Luthier, if you were going to bump it up, I’d go with [name]Luther[/name]. It’s a little bit more intuitive, pron. wise.
[name]Will[/name]: VERY common, but nice as a middle name.
[name]Alistair[/name]: [name]Alistair[/name] is a guilty pleasure of mine! I love it. Does your fiance like [name]Ambrose[/name] at all?
[name]Amadei[/name]: I would prefer [name]Amadeus[/name], but I think [name]Salem[/name] [name]Amadei[/name] / [name]Salem[/name] [name]Amadeus[/name] Sundell is sooo handsome.
[name]Elias[/name]: Very nice, but I don’t know if I like it with [name]Salem[/name].
[name]Galileo[/name]: This is the only one I really don’t like.

GIRLS:
Miralai (nn [name]Mira[/name]): Pron. MEER-uh-lie? Very pretty, love that it’s a family name, and cute nn. Definite go :slight_smile:
Corellia (nn [name]Cora[/name]): If the nickname [name]Cora[/name] is too common for you, maybe [name]Rella[/name]? Or [name]Lia[/name]? [name]Even[/name] [name]Orie[/name] or [name]Olie[/name] would work.
Ahimsa (nn [name]Ama[/name] or [name]Avi[/name]): I don’t think the pronunciation is all that difficult, actually. [name]Ah[/name]-HIM-sah? I don’t quite see how you’re getting to nicknames [name]Ama[/name] or [name]Avi[/name], though… they’re a bit of a stretch. Imsa or Imma would be nice.
Minaret (nn [name]Min[/name]): I don’t like this very much, sorry. [name]How[/name] about [name]Minuet[/name]?

Other girl’s names we like for middles:

[name]Elina[/name], [name]Evilyn[/name], [name]Evelina[/name], Elisabella (although this is out if we use [name]Elizabeth[/name], which we certainly will…), [name]Seraphina[/name] (or [name]Seraphine[/name]), [name]Viveca[/name], [name]Lyra[/name] (only pronounced lee-rah - he hates it the other way!).

I definitely agree with your fiance about [name]Lyra[/name]… I hate it pron. LIE-rah, and that’s the way they said it through the entire [name]Golden[/name] Compass movie! I was so mad! Anyway… here are some other names I think you might like, either in the first or middle place.

BOYS
[name]Absalom[/name] - one of my FAVORITES, means “My Father is [name]Peace[/name]” and was the caterpillar in [name]Alice[/name] in Wonderland. :slight_smile:
[name]Axel[/name]
[name]Frederick[/name] - nn [name]Fritz[/name] or [name]Red[/name]
[name]Godfrey[/name] - a guilty pleasure name of mine.
[name]Humphrey[/name]
Makepeace - [name]WAY[/name] too much for a first name, but kind of cool as a middle name.
[name]Palmer[/name]
[name]Ringo[/name]
[name]Shiloh[/name]
[name]Solomon[/name] - probably too close to [name]Salem[/name] for brothers
[name]Wilfred[/name]

GIRLS
[name]Amani[/name] - can be either gender, but I think it’s more girl than boy.
Dembe - as far as I can tell, this is pron. DEM-bay
Eustolia
[name]Frieda[/name] - might be too common for you
[name]Irene[/name]/[name]Irina[/name] - might be too common for you
[name]Malia[/name]
[name]Noe[/name] - pron. like [name]Noah[/name]
[name]Reina[/name]
[name]Shanti[/name] - [name]SHON[/name]-tee, means peace in Sanskrit. I love this name.
[name]Shiloh[/name]
[name]Winifred[/name]
Zuleima - Zoo-[name]LAY[/name]-ma, means peace in Hebrew. Also an Arabic name.

HTH!

BOYS:
[name]Salem[/name] : I can see the attraction for this name as it has a cool sound but [name]Salem[/name] is associated with witch hunts for me so personally I wouldn’t use it as a first name. If your surname starts with an “S” too it could be a tongue twister. Of course, it can also be used as a short form for Jerusalem.
[name]Lazarus[/name] (nn Laz): A bold and unusual choice but the “s” at the end may cause a problem with the “S” in the beginning of your surname.
[name]Haven[/name] : Too soft and feminine for a boy’s name.
Velimir (nn Vel?): Not my cup of tea at all.
Luthier: [name]Luther[/name] is better and if it’s in honour of your grandfather that makes it even more special
[name]Will[/name]: Not a fan of [name]Will[/name] or [name]William[/name] but I’m in the minority. Too popular.
[name]Alistair[/name]: I like this Scottish version of [name]Alexander[/name]
[name]Amadei[/name]: Like the Latin [name]Amadeus[/name] or the Italian [name]Amedeo[/name] better
[name]Elias[/name]: [name]Love[/name] [name]Eli[/name] and [name]Elias[/name]
[name]Galileo[/name]: [name]Love[/name] this name but it would be an unusual choice depending on where you live. [name]Lilo[/name] or [name]Leo[/name] would be great nicknames.
Other suggestions… The Bible has some wonderful place names such as [b][name]Canaan[/name], [name]Jericho[/name], [name]Sinai[/name], [name]Zion[/name] and [name]Nazareth[/name]. [name]Saint[/name] names like [name]Aloysius[/name], [name]Basil[/name], [name]Benedict[/name], [name]Ignatius[/name], [name]Ambrose[/name], [name]Boniface[/name], [name]Xavier[/name], [name]Raphael[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name] (gift of God).
[name]Abel[/name], [name]Sage[/name] (wise one), [name]Cosmo[/name], [name]Orion[/name], [name]Abraham[/name], [name]Moses[/name], [name]Dante[/name] (enduring), [name]Loyal[/name], Makepeace, [name]Homer[/name] (ancient Greek poet) , [name]Virgil[/name] ([name]Roman[/name] poet-philosopher), [name]Baptiste[/name], [name]Balthazar[/name], [name]Caspar[/name]/[name]Jasper[/name] and [name]Melchior[/name] (Three Wise Kings in the Bible), [name]Emmanuel[/name] (another name for the [name]Messiah[/name]), [name]Abbott[/name], [name]Bodhi[/name] (Hindi for wise and enlightening), [name]Deacon[/name], [name]Domingo[/name], [name]Godfrey[/name], [name]Hermes[/name] (messenger of the gods), [name]Horatio[/name] (Latin for keeper of the hours), [name]Humphrey[/name] (peaceful strength), [name]Jeremiah[/name] (Old Testament prophet), [name]Jonah[/name] (dove=peace), [name]Jove[/name] (another name for [name]Roman[/name] God [name]Jupiter[/name]), [name]Khalil[/name] or Gibran (Arab poet of the Prophet), Khoury (Arabic for priest and pronounced KOOR-ee), [name]Lysander[/name] (Greek for liberator), [name]Nahum[/name] (compassionate), Lunaire and [name]Nazaire[/name] (French for moon and blessed), [name]Nathaniel[/name] (Hebrew for gift of God), [name]Parrish[/name], [name]Philo[/name] (Greek to love), [name]Salvador[/name], [name]Shem[/name] (Hebrew name meaning one of note and the eldest son of [name]Noah[/name] in the Bible), [name]Siegfried[/name] ([name]German[/name] for victorious peace), [name]Solomon[/name] (Hebrew for peace), [name]Tobias[/name] (Hebrew for God is good), [name]Valerian[/name] (Latin for valiant, brave and strong) and [name]Zadok[/name] (Hebrew for righteous)

GIRLS:
Miralai (nn [name]Mira[/name]): OK especially if it’s a family name. Miralai [name]Elizabeth[/name] is pretty.
Corellia (nn [name]Cora[/name]): Not liking this name as it looks made up.
Ahimsa (nn [name]Ama[/name] or [name]Avi[/name]): Not my style.
Minaret (nn [name]Min[/name]): It would be strange to name a child after a tower in my opinion
[name]Elina[/name] - Boring
[name]Evilyn[/name] - Prefer [name]Evelyn[/name] spelling
[name]Evelina[/name] - Romantic and pretty
Elisabella - Bit of a tongue twister and I prefer [name]Elizabeth[/name] by far
[name]Seraphina[/name] (or [name]Seraphine[/name]): Frilly and feminine. I think I like the French version [name]Seraphine[/name] better.
[name]Viveca[/name] - OK and I like the two "v"s.
[name]Lyra[/name] (only pronounced lee-rah) - Not a fan
Other suggestions: [name]Belen[/name] (pronounced "bay-[name]LEN[/name]; Spanish for Bethlehem), [name]Galilee[/name], [name]Magdalene[/name], [name]Sidony[/name], [name]Karma[/name] (Buddhist and Hindu concept of [name]Fate[/name] or [name]Destiny[/name]), [name]Hadassah[/name], [name]Arden[/name] (fervent), [name]Eden[/name], [name]Christabel[/name], Solace, Lovejoy, [name]Evangeline[/name], [name]Angelica[/name], [name]Paloma[/name] (dove=peace), [name]Bethany[/name], [name]Carmel[/name], [name]Lourdes[/name], [name]Avalon[/name], [name]Arcadia[/name], [name]Temple[/name], Caliana (Arabic for tower or castle), [name]Celeste[/name] (heavenly), [name]Dharma[/name] (Hindi and Buddhist meaning the ultimate law of things), Odyssey, [name]Genesis[/name], [name]Harmony[/name], [name]Journey[/name], Jyoti (Hindi for light), [name]Mercy[/name], [name]Montserrat[/name], [name]Nima[/name] (Arabic for blessing or grace), [name]Olga[/name] (holy, blessed), [name]Pascale[/name] (born at [name]Easter[/name]), [name]Natalia[/name] (born at [name]Christmas[/name]), [name]Peace[/name], [name]Sistine[/name], [name]Perpetua[/name], [name]Eternity[/name], [name]Theodosia[/name] (Gift of God), [name]Pilar[/name], [name]Sancha[/name]/Sancta (sacred), [name]Veda[/name] (Sanskrit “knowledge” and Vedas are sacred scriptures), Sunniva (Irish gift of the sun and saint name), [name]Vida[/name] (life), [name]Viridis[/name] (Latin for green and youthful) and [name]Zita[/name] (saint name).

Thanks for the feedback!

[name]Just[/name] to be clear, these are the names we both like. So, you all probably know the amount of work it takes to get a list of names both people like. We’re not looking to cross them all off our list, as they all are very special to us. The help I’m looking for is in first/middle name combos. :slight_smile:

I do like [name]Absalom[/name] as a possible middle name, but is it too similar to [name]Salem[/name], even if it was [name]Salem[/name]'s brother’s mn? I also really like [name]Selima[/name] for a girl’s mn, but again, is it too close to [name]Salem[/name]? [name]Salem[/name] is the only name we are 100% on, and so all other choices need to work with that. I also forgot that Solace was a name we both liked that fits with the theme, so thanks for reminding me!

Luthier is pronounced LOO -tee-er. It is honor of my grandfather because my grandfather WAS a luthier: he made violins and other stringed instruments. We bonded through music. I like it as a middle.

So let’s see…
[name]Salem[/name] Luthier?
[name]Salem[/name] [name]Amadei[/name]? (I took off the “s” at the end because of the “s” last name)
[name]Salem[/name] [name]Alistair[/name]? (Too many s’s?)

What works with [name]Lazarus[/name]? [name]Lazarus[/name] [name]Haven[/name]? Hmm. Can’t seem to find any names on my list that flow well with [name]Lazarus[/name].

For girls, Miralai [name]Elizabeth[/name] is definitely beautiful. [name]How[/name] could I combine the other names we like?

Corellia Minaret?
Corellia Solace?

Since Ahimsa is pretty out-there (although not ruled out), which of our other names would it work with as a middle name?

Thanks again!

I love Miralai. That’s unique, but very pretty and a family name. Perfect.
What about using [name]Lore[/name] as a middle name to honor [name]Loree[/name]. It has a cool meaning - knowledge gained through tradition or anecdote.

Combos:

THE BOYS

[name]Salem[/name] [name]Will[/name] Sundell
[name]Salem[/name] [name]Elias[/name] Sundell
[name]Salem[/name] Luthier Sundell
[name]Haven[/name] [name]Elias[/name] Sundell
[name]Haven[/name] [name]Alister[/name] Sundell
[name]Lazarus[/name] [name]Will[/name] Sundell
[name]Lazarus[/name] [name]Lore[/name] Sundell
[name]Lazarus[/name] [name]Haven[/name] Sundell

THE GIRLS

Miralai [name]Elizabeth[/name] Sundell
Miralai [name]Lyra[/name] Sundell
Miralai [name]Seraphina[/name] Sundell
Corellia [name]Elizabeth[/name] Sundell
Corellia Solace Sundell
Corellia [name]Eve[/name] (didn’t work with [name]Evelina[/name])
Corellia Minaret Sundell
[name]Seraphina[/name] Solace Sundell
[name]Seraphina[/name] [name]Haven[/name] Sundell
Miralai [name]Haven[/name] Sundell

Two boys: [name]Salem[/name] Luthier & [name]Lazarus[/name] [name]Lore[/name]
Two girls: Miralai [name]Elizabeth[/name] & Corellia [name]Eve[/name]
boy & girl: [name]Salem[/name] Luthier & Miralai [name]Elizabeth[/name]

Good luck!

Wow, Millikate, these are fabulous, and I [name]LOVE[/name] the idea of using [name]Lore[/name] as a middle name for a boy! Thanks for that! I think [name]Lazarus[/name] [name]Lore[/name] especially has a wonderful sound to it. I’ll run these by my other half and see what he thinks!