Name Crush: Remi

My newest name crush is [name_u]Remi[/name_u]. I really like [name_m]Jeremiah[/name_m] [name_u]August[/name_u] with the nn [name_u]Remi[/name_u].

DS is named [name_m]Elijah[/name_m] [name_m]Myles[/name_m]. I feel like [name_m]Jeremiah[/name_m] and [name_m]Elijah[/name_m] go well together because of the biblical connection. However, I’m not sure how I feel about [name_m]Eli[/name_m] and [name_u]Remi[/name_u] as a sibset. It also seems like pairing [name_m]Jeremiah[/name_m] and [name_m]Elijah[/name_m] puts me in an Old Testament box. While I tend to love OT names, I don’t want to be limited to them…WDYT?

I think [name_m]Elijah[/name_m] and [name_m]Jeremiah[/name_m] make a cute sibset! Much better than [name_m]Elijah[/name_m] and [name_u]Remi[/name_u]. They don’t seem to really “go,” but I don’t see why you couldn’t go out of the OT box. I’m sure only the most devout of Christians would know that they are Old Testament names specifically, instead of thinking of the bible in general.

Yep, that’s my gripe with is exactly. [name_m]Jeremiah[/name_m] and [name_m]Elijah[/name_m] are fine together…though a bit rhyme-y. [name_u]Remi[/name_u] and [name_m]Eli[/name_m] look sound funny together. I think it’s the ending “i” with a different sound. It’s such a bummer too! I adore [name_u]Remi[/name_u]! :frowning:

I actually don’t see any problem w/ [name_u]Remi[/name_u] and [name_m]Eli[/name_m] except the [name_u]Remi[/name_u] seems like a female spelling to me. I looove the name [name_u]Remy[/name_u]. I once met a guy named [name_u]Remy[/name_u] and I’d never heard it before but I thought it was such a cool name. And he was very handsome and cool…just a great name. [name_m]Jeremiah[/name_m] and [name_m]Elijah[/name_m] sound great together and I wouldn’t really worry about the Old Testament, I don’t think people would automatically assume that’s what you were going for.

Hmmm…I didn’t think of the more feminine spelling. [name_u]Remy[/name_u] and [name_m]Eli[/name_m] look better together than [name_u]Remi[/name_u] and [name_m]Eli[/name_m]. Thanks for the “y” suggestion! I know 2 kids named [name_u]Remi[/name_u]/[name_u]Remy[/name_u]. [name_m]Both[/name_m] are boys. [name_f]One[/name_f] is [name_m]Reminton[/name_m] (nn [name_u]Remi[/name_u]). The other’s given name is [name_u]Remy[/name_u]. I am liking the “y” better the more I look at it.

I like the y too! I can see how the i might feel more natural w/ [name_m]Remington[/name_m] or [name_m]Jeremiah[/name_m] though. But certainly doesn’t mean you have to do i.

I like the y too! I can see how the i might feel more natural w/ [name_m]Remington[/name_m] or [name_m]Jeremiah[/name_m] though. But certainly doesn’t mean you have to do i.