Name decision needed urgently!

[name]Hi[/name], I need some ideas and feedback please. My baby girl is nearly four months old and we still haven’t decided on her middle name/s! Her first name is [name]Neva[/name] (pronounced like [name]Eva[/name] but with an N).

As some background, my other two childrens’ first and middle names are [name]Sasha[/name] Filka (there is Russian heritage on my partner’s father’s side, and these are family names from his side too) and [name]Lola[/name] [name]Mila[/name] (we just liked [name]Lola[/name], and [name]Mila[/name] is after my partner’s paternal grandmother).

I like first and middle names that end in ‘a’, as they sound like they flow to me - hence the [name]Sasha[/name] Filka and [name]Lola[/name] [name]Mila[/name] so far. But it’s not essential this pattern continues.

So here is where we have got to: I quite like [name]Neva[/name] [name]Rosa[/name] (I was tossing up between [name]Neva[/name], [name]Rosa[/name] and [name]Isla[/name] for her first name). My partner likes [name]Neva[/name] [name]Maisie[/name] (after his maternal grandmother). I would really like to name [name]Neva[/name] after my grandmothers, but sadly I don’t like their names! They are [name]Margaret[/name] and [name]Edna[/name]. I’ve been wondering if using [name]Maisie[/name] covers both our grandmothers (as [name]Maisie[/name] is an alternative/nickname for [name]Margaret[/name]), or is that too much of a stretch? And whether there are any variations on [name]Edna[/name] that we haven’t yet thought of? The closest nice name I could think of was [name]Etta[/name]. I’ll happily use two middle names if necessary. What to do?!

Alternatively, what else goes nicely with [name]Neva[/name] that we haven’t thought of?

I’d welcome your ideas and input on all this.

Thanks so much!

I think [name]Neva[/name] [name]Rosa[/name] works well with your “theme,” but I like [name]Neva[/name] [name]Maisie[/name] better since it honors a family member. [name]Maisie[/name] is definitely a nn for [name]Margaret[/name] and so honors your grandmother, plus the “E” sound on the end could be for [name]Edna[/name]. You could also use [name]Pearl[/name] (the meaning of [name]Margaret[/name]) or [name]Daisy[/name] (from the French, [name]Marguerite[/name]) to honor your grandmother. For [name]Edna[/name]-- maybe [name]Edina[/name], [name]Edie[/name], [name]Edith[/name], [name]Eden[/name], [name]Edita[/name], or even [name]Ella[/name]? Maybe [name]Ande[/name]/[name]Andie[/name]/[name]Dane[/name]/[name]Dana[/name] (using the same or similar letters in a different order)? I don’t think the E names flow very well with [name]Neva[/name] though, so I like the E at the end of [name]Maisie[/name] standing for [name]Edna[/name].

I agree with the pp: [name]Neva[/name] [name]Maisie[/name], [name]Neva[/name] [name]Pearl[/name], or [name]Neva[/name] [name]Daisy[/name] would be beautiful choices while I don’t think the E names flow as well.

[name]Neva[/name] [name]Rosa[/name] seems like the best fit to me. I would keep the -a -a pattern going it you can…it’s also a nice nod to Russian heritage.

Great, thanks for that very helpful feedback! What about [name]Neva[/name] [name]Maisie[/name] [name]Etta[/name]? Could that work?! I agree that an e name doesn’t flow well on its own after [name]Neva[/name].

Have you considered [name]Elka[/name]?

What about…

[name]Neva[/name] [name]Magda[/name] ??

Seems to cover both [name]Margaret[/name] and [name]Edna[/name]… and has the same flow and a ending.

I really like your taste! I love [name]Neva[/name].

I definitely think that [name]Maisie[/name] could honor a [name]Margaret[/name], and [name]Neva[/name] [name]Maisie[/name] is very cute.

I’m not sure about it’s flow with [name]Neva[/name], but Edmé or Edmée came to mind as possible ways to honor both Edne and [name]Margaret[/name] … Edmé is an archaic French form of [name]Edmund[/name], and Edmée is the feminine version, but I think Edmé could work on a girl nowadays given the familiarity of [name]Esme[/name] and the fact that I don’t think that Edmé is really in use on boys anymore.