Name Experiences

I just met a one yr old named Eddetta.

And I know another toddler named [name]Lola[/name] [name]Bear[/name] ([name]Bear[/name] is her MN).

I work in a library, a lot of 20-something 30-somethings with weird names (usually hippy style) My favorites though are two boys who often come in. [name]Ocean[/name] and Anakin

Today at the food court at the mall: [name]Uniqua[/name]! For real!

[name]Martia[/name] (mar-tee-uh)
[name]Tonda[/name] (tawn-duh)
[name]Kristian[/name] (krist-yawn)
[name]John[/name] (on a girl)
Trinett (trin is pronounced like in [name]Trinity[/name])
Loveleen
[name]Erica[/name] (pronounced with emphasis on the ick - I know, horrible!)
[name]Cassiopia[/name]
Pettey

My brothers name is [name]Lothar[/name] (the h is silent)

I work in a hopsital, and one of the patients we had long-term was named Anisia, she was ukranian. and I always loved the name!

Anakin… his parents must have been star wars fans!!!

Last night on the news there was a fireman in [name]Long[/name] [name]Beach[/name]: [name]Captain[/name] Jackawa [name]Jackson[/name]

Last night on the news there was a fireman in [name]Long[/name] [name]Beach[/name]: [name]Captain[/name] Jackawa [name]Jackson[/name]

I met a set of 4 year old twins at the day camp where I work. Their names are [name]Dylan[/name] and [name]Drew[/name]. They’re both girls.

My best friend’s mom’s name is Veerle.

I met two little girls a couple of years ago whose names were [name]Essence[/name] and [name]Unity[/name]. They were sisters.

My aunt’s name is [name]Glenda[/name].

I have seen (working in customer service):

[name]Shayla[/name] (only ever heard of it on Sex and the City but she was twenty-something so she couldn’t have been named from the show)

Ronnet (f)
Safiya ([name]Sapphire[/name]???)
Lis (prn [name]Liz[/name])
[name]Odus[/name] (m)

I know an 11/12/13 year old named [name]Lily[/name] [name]Bear[/name]!

I know of kids with this sib-set:
[name]Dante[/name], [name]Lucas[/name], and [name]Sedona[/name] (f)

Does anyone else think this sounds a little off balance?
[name]Dante[/name] is about 16-17 years old, and wasn’t too popular around the time we were born, and I don’t know any other [name]Dante[/name]. [name]Sedona[/name] was named after the place in [name]Arizona[/name] where they used to live. One of the most unique names I’ve ever heard on a little girl. And then there’s [name]Lucas[/name]… I know about 3 [name]Lucas[/name]’ and around 4 [name]Luke[/name]'s (ranging in age). It’s so popular! I guess it just sounds out of place.

Okay, here’s another, it’s 3 little girls (I’ve included middle names):
[name]Josie[/name] [name]Colette[/name], [name]Callie[/name] [name]Piper[/name], and [name]Briley[/name] [name]Addison[/name] “[name]Addie[/name]”

I love these little girls with all my heart, but their names… Yes, full names, not nicknames. I think the last one just kills me the most. Not only does their last name end in the “ee” sound (like all of their first names), but their last name starts with “Br”. Poor little [name]Addie[/name]… Her dad and myself both call her [name]Briley[/name], so saying her full name out loud is a mouthful.

Oh, and I know a kid named Brunson. I’m sorry, but that’s just horrible. He goes by his last name more often than not.
And I know a guy named McCady, one of the coolest kids ever. A lot of people say it sounds like a girl’s name (which I get, because of the [name]Cady[/name] part), but I love the name McCady for a boy. And sometimes people call him [name]Mac[/name].

I remembered some more (I’m sorry guys!):
I was watching a show and saw a girl named [name]Anna[/name]-[name]Pete[/name].
One the same show (not same episode) there was a girl named Sparkal Queenz (Queenz being her last name).
I was also watching another show with a girl named Eerie. I think that’s just horrible.
I met a guy named Jawon, and one of my favorite basketball player’s real name is Tywon (I kind of met him).

I know there are tons more, but I’ll stop there.
Wow this is long and rambling… I apologize! Haha

You know, that is really very odd, not that the parents chose “male” names for their female twins, but that both names carry a connection to [name]Drew[/name] Barrymore. [name]Drew[/name] obviously does, but [name]Dylan[/name] is the name of the character she played in [name]Charlie[/name]'s Angels! Strange…

My mom is [name]Jolene[/name].

I go to school with girls named [name]Allegra[/name] (which I’ve seen frequently on here but it was a new one for me!), [name]Paula[/name] (she is 20), [name]Betty[/name] (again, 20), [name]Sylvia[/name] (…ditto…) - sometimes I feel like I’ve been transplanted to the fifties with these names! But, they suite them, strangely enough.

Oh, and then there is a guy called Fadi, pronounced fatty/faddie! Wow!