Name for a Boy..

We have a son named [name]Nathan[/name] and #2 is on the way, but we can’t decide on a name. Can you help with thoughts on our list?

1. [name]Canaan[/name]
  2. [name]Noah[/name]
  3. [name]Isaac[/name]
  4. [name]Spencer[/name]
  5. [name]Nolan[/name]
  6. [name]Adam[/name]
  7. [name]Parker[/name]
  8. [name]Gavin[/name]
  9. [name]Tyler[/name]

DH loves [name]Noah[/name]… I am more partial to [name]Canaan[/name]… but really like them all about equally. Help! Need some outside thoughts.

From your list here, I’m quite partial to [name]Isaac[/name] & [name]Spencer[/name] as a brother to [name]Nathan[/name]. Especially [name]Spencer[/name]. I really like [name]Spencer[/name]! Because you each have a favorite and can’t agree, I say toss those two out or agree to combine them, [name]Noah[/name] Caanan makes a pretty neat brother to [name]Nathan[/name], too. But I’d really love [name]Spencer[/name] [name]Gavin[/name] or [name]Spencer[/name] Caanan more.
of the rest:

[name]Nolan[/name] - is okay but I’m rather tired of hearing him, he’s the name of the year up here near [name]Boston[/name]. I hear [name]Nolan[/name] everywhere I go! I also dislike the repeating N of [name]Nathan[/name] in [name]Nolan[/name].

[name]Adam[/name] - Very nice choice actually but rather plain next to [name]Nathan[/name]. Would make a great middle name.

[name]Parker[/name] - I think [name]Parker[/name]'s gone girly, sad to say. I hear [name]Parker[/name] on a girl a lot online. Not in real life, here but I fear it’s switching. And that seems silly to me. Why would someone want to put [name]Park[/name]-(h)er on a girl? Eww. Belongs on a boy, IMHO.

[name]Gavin[/name] - Feels a bit 90’s to me. There are hundreds of Gavins between 2 and 12 in the area I recently moved from (NJ/NY [name]Tri[/name]-state).

[name]Tyler[/name] - Is very 90’s and is starting to really feel dated to me. I’d avoid [name]Tyler[/name] (and by default, [name]Taylor[/name]) at all costs, myself. And I just don’t find [name]Ty[/name], particulalrly appealing.

I wish you luck finding the perfect name. [name]Hope[/name] I helped a bit! :slight_smile:

From your list I like [name]Noah[/name], [name]Spencer[/name], [name]Adam[/name], [name]Parker[/name], and [name]Tyler[/name]. As for [name]Parker[/name] being too “girly” I think that it’s still perfectly usable for a boy (I’ve also heard of [name]Noah[/name], [name]Spencer[/name], and [name]Tyler[/name] being used for girls as well).

Super great advice! I never thought to combine any of the others- seems so obvious now! What a great way to find a middle ground. Also- thanks for the advice on [name]Parker[/name] and [name]Nolan[/name]- Since [name]Nathan[/name] is only 22 months old and our first, we don’t really have a clue about what is over-popular really- so that is very very helpful.

Thanks a million! Hopefully this will narrow our list and give us a fresh spin.

1. [name]Canaan[/name]-is that pronounced [name]Cay[/name]-nan? I don’t care for it, too odd.

2. [name]Noah[/name]- I like it

3. [name]Isaac[/name]- I like it, but kind of common

4. [name]Spencer[/name]- I don’t care for last names being used as first names, so no

5. [name]Nolan[/name]-I like it

6. [name]Adam[/name]-too ordinary, as opposed to common

7. [name]Parker[/name]-again, last name

8. [name]Gavin[/name]-I used to like it, but it kind of sounds like javelin

9. [name]Tyler[/name]- I agree with the other poster, it’s very 80’s sounding now

[name]Hope[/name] that helps. :slight_smile:

I like
[name]Noah[/name]
[name]Adam[/name]
[name]Spencer[/name]

[name]Nathan[/name] & [name]Spencer[/name] sound the best together

Congrads! For what it’s worth, here’s my opinion :slight_smile:

1. [name]Canaan[/name]: Very Biblical! Never thought of it myself but it’s definenly growing on me. Sounds like there might be some pronounciation problems but that might depend on what part of the country you live in too.
  2. [name]Noah[/name] - Cool - a little popular, do you mind both boys starting with N?
  3. [name]Isaac[/name] - Always had a soft spot for this name, love the meaning too.
  4. [name]Spencer[/name] - I don’t know about this one, do you guys like [name]Sawyer[/name]?
  5. [name]Nolan[/name]
  6. [name]Adam[/name] - Classic, and sounds good with nathan.
  7. [name]Parker[/name]
  8. [name]Gavin[/name]
  9. [name]Tyler[/name] - This name sounds dated to me too.

Some other ideas: [name]Ezra[/name], [name]Colin[/name], [name]Samuel[/name], [name]Micah[/name] and [name]Aaron[/name] or OH! What about [name]Jericho[/name]?

I must say I’m quite partial to [name]Canaan[/name]…this is of course because my sons name is [name]Canaan[/name] [name]William[/name]. Its very unique but still has a strong feel to it. And with [name]William[/name] it gives him some normalcy. Plus, it comes with a great nickname! The Huri-[name]Canaan[/name]! :slight_smile:

[name]Canaan[/name] - a nice, unusual Biblical name, but I don’t particularly like it with [name]Nathan[/name] (the two -an endings).
[name]Noah[/name] - I do like this, but I always think it best to avoid giving siblings names beginning with the same letter (I find it a little matchy, and it sort of locks you into a pattern).
[name]Isaac[/name] - goes very nicely with [name]Nathan[/name], I think.
[name]Spencer[/name] - I’m personally not a fan, but it is quite nice with [name]Nathan[/name], and I gather these sort of names are reasonably popular in the US.
[name]Nolan[/name] - the same problem as [name]Noah[/name].
[name]Adam[/name] - a nice name, and goes reasonably well with [name]Nathan[/name].
[name]Parker[/name] - I’m not a fan.
[name]Gavin[/name] - as above.
[name]Tyler[/name] - I feel this is a little dated.

My favourites are [name]Isaac[/name] and [name]Spencer[/name], and if the two N names don’t bother you, then [name]Noah[/name] is nice, too. Good luck!

I vote [name]Noah[/name]! LOL…i am due on New Years and if its a boy my husband and I are naming him [name]Noah[/name] [name]Michael[/name]!

You have some wonderful options! I really don’t think you can go wrong with any of them :slight_smile: Here is my take on them:

[name]Canaan[/name] – Oh, I love this one! It is incredibly strong and handsome, plus a little bit spunky. This is definitely my favorite.
[name]Noah[/name] – This sounds adorable with [name]Nathan[/name], if not slightly matchy. I do love the name, though.
[name]Isaac[/name] – I agree, this goes very nicely with [name]Nathan[/name]! Not one of my personal favorites, but I do like it.
[name]Spencer[/name] – [name]Love[/name] [name]Spencer[/name]! Very handsome and sophisticated-sounding, I think.
[name]Nolan[/name] – This is probably my second favorite from your list, though again I worry for the matchy problem with [name]Nathan[/name].
[name]Adam[/name] – Very classic, goes nicely with [name]Nathan[/name].
[name]Parker[/name] – Not too huge on this one, though it sounds nice with [name]Nathan[/name].
[name]Gavin[/name] – Oh, I love [name]Gavin[/name]! I don’t think it sounds the very best with [name]Nathan[/name], but I love it.
[name]Tyler[/name] – Slightly dated, but still nice.

My very favorites are [name]Canaan[/name], [name]Nolan[/name], and [name]Spencer[/name] :slight_smile: Wonderful choices! Congratulations!

My vote is for [name]Spencer[/name] [name]Isaac[/name] :slight_smile: